Goodgame Studios

Goodgame Studios CEO Kai Wawrzinek
Kai Wawrzinek

A Good time

I have been working at Goodgame Studios full-time

Pros

Very good and friendly atmosphere, no dress code, benefits like cereal, drinks and other. Many events.

Cons

The salary could be higher as Hamburg is quite an expensive city, mainly as it comes to accommodation.

Intransparent recruiting process

I worked at Goodgame Studios

Pros

Company with a strong growth and therefore plenty of job offers in various departments. However, growth is financed by venture capitalists and not by current profits.

Cons

The recruiting process is completely intransparent. It seems to be luck to be selected for an interview, even if you fulfill all the requirements. No feedback will be provided.

Worst working experience of my entire career!

Current Employee - Community Manager
    Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Goodgame Studios full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company to do a intership, due to the fact that most its workforce are interns. Good people and working culture.

Cons

GGS hires staff with no games working experience, so they can pay low wages. People with gaming experience do not last because they make them train their interns. After somet ransfer of their knowhow has occur, they fire them, because is cheaper to pay a semitrained intern than a professional. The people that are "well paid" are constantly remided of how much they earned and how great it to work there.

Get some balls and take some resposibility for your decisions. Always blaming your errors on your staff will get nowhere. Take some business management classes, you need them.

Great team!

Current Employee - Localization Manager in Hamburg (Germany)
    Current Employee - Localization Manager in Hamburg (Germany)

I have been working at Goodgame Studios full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Of course the perks are great (free breakfast, great sport offer, workshops, after-work beer...), the job is very exciting and I love having the change to try out new things everyday. But in the end, the team is what makes the difference. Goodgame still feels like a big team, even if we've already reached the 1k employees.

Cons

Working at Goodgame Studios can be challenging, because the company grows really fast. I love the dynamic environment and facing new challenges every day, but I understand that it's not everybody's cup of tea.

Good start

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Hamburg (Germany)
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Hamburg (Germany)

I have been working at Goodgame Studios full-time (more than an year)

Pros

That Goodgames trusts in young potential is a good beginning. I am not German and it is my first full time job after studies and I am glad that I started here! The job is really interesting and seeing your own ideas implemented makes it even more exciting. The atmosphere is very good due to the cool offices, amazingly friendly and helpful colleagues and caring and supportive leads.
    Good ending would be to mention the regular Goodgame parties that remind the fabulous uni times :) I'm happy!

Cons

It is a challange to grow as fast as the company is growing without losing the overiew of the business and its organisation.

Working times could allow to leave on Fridays earlier.

Oct 24, 2014Recruitment / Staff

Dear colleague,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your workplace at Goodgame Studios.

We are more than happy that you outline the good and supporting atmosphere as we focus on a

successfull in any ways

Current Employee - Human Ressource in Hamburg (Germany)
    Current Employee - Human Ressource in Hamburg (Germany)

I have been working at Goodgame Studios as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

i really like working at this company. appropriate tasks and a very nice team

Cons

there is nothing wrong about this company

All-in-all it's a great company to work for

Current Employee - Web Developer in Hamburg (Germany)
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Hamburg (Germany)

I have been working at Goodgame Studios full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The working culture is welcoming and energetic, holding on to that start-up feeling even at this stage of its evolution.
    Recruiters are fantastic at hiring people who share the same level of energy and passion as the company itself so you'll generally always be surrounded by amiable people. I found the hiring process professional yet relaxed and was kept informed during it. Goodgame Studios is a "young company" in a strong growth period, with the large majority of employees currently in the early half of life. Fresh food & drinks are provided to employees and time off is approved when needed. All-in-all it's a great company to work for and a fantastic city to live in.

Cons

Like all companies that grow so quickly, inter-departmental communication can become an issue, but this is something every large company has to work on improving (and they are).
    I cannot speak for all departments, but salaries are not competitive for my industry.

You make enough money so consider at least matching salaries in positions where the current pay level is not competitive with other companies in the industry or you could begin to lose employees to more higher paying employers.

At Goodgame Studios you will get a carrier not just a job.

Current Employee - Payment Manager in Hamburg (Germany)
    Current Employee - Payment Manager in Hamburg (Germany)

I have been working at Goodgame Studios full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Goodgame Studios has transparent and clearly set goals, while depositing the necessary trust in it's professionals to find the best way possible to reach them. The principle of recruiting talented people and giving them the freedom to work, is one of the main factors that makes this company so much fulfilling professionally.
    The work environment is great and the people are always in a contagious good mood.
    Throughout the year you will have many events, from company parties to department gatherings or even team events.

The company never asks for you to work extra-time so the social/professional life balance is easy to achieve.

Cons

The company is growing at an amazing fast rate, so naturally a new colleague may have difficulty understanding the work and communications flows, that need to constantly updated as new people come in and new departments are created.
    Another con on such a huge company is that it is impossible to know everyone so it is essential that we build a network ourselves.

Oct 24, 2014Recruitment / Staff

Dear colleague,

Thank you for your detailed feedback about your workplace.

The corporate culture we are living and developing even more every day, rests upon our talented and professional

great working environment

Current Employee - Community Manager in Hamburg (Germany)
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Hamburg (Germany)

I have been working at Goodgame Studios full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The workingenvironment created through the years is optimal both for personal development and self motivation.
    Working with international and young colleagues makes it possible to keep an open mind on team goals. The employee's benefits system i sgreat for social interaction and gives many options of personal skills development.

Cons

The hierarchical systems gets sometimes too steady, creating some cross department communication flaws.

Nice atmosphere, opportunities to develop skills and many nice colleagues!

Current Employee - Performance Client Developer in Hamburg (Germany)
    Current Employee - Performance Client Developer in Hamburg (Germany)

I have been working at Goodgame Studios full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I develop many skills every day by getting and sharing knowledge with my team mates.

Cons

Every day is new challenge!

Office place is great!

Oct 16, 2014Recruitment / Staff

Dear colleague,

Thank you for your great feedback about your workplace.

We’re proud of our corporate culture here at Goodgame Studios where sharing
    knowledge with team mates is much-valued