Goodman Manufacturing

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Charles A. Carroll

Pros
  • Located in Houston TX; high growth city(in 3 reviews)

• Good people to work with out in the plant(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They seem to give you an impressions that you have to fear or be intimidated by upper management(in 5 reviews)

• like all factories hot nasty and more drama(in 4 reviews)

Worse job ever!

Operator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNot many pros... a weekly check is about it. Hopefully some changes are coming.

ConsWhere do I start? QUALITY is nonexistent! Micromanaged to the highest level. Zero communication between departments. Very UNSAFE environment, unorganized ect!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your hourly employees! We are begging for help. Setup some kind of training for new employees. Safety could use some tweaking also.

All work & No play

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLearn a lot, team gets friendly, learn business management

Consexcessive work load
    no work-life balance
    growth opportunities are very few

Advice to Senior Managementemployee should not just be considered a machine. they should be allowed to grow. Improving the way people are handled will help reduce the attrition rate dramatically

A good place to work

Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExciting, demanding and refreshing 24/7 If you like to work this is the place

ConsNo advancement in the development department

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A look from within

Upper Management (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits, co-workers, and working environment. Company promotes lots of fun activities and functions outside of the company for their employee's.

ConsYou stay in the same position and salary (besides the 3% increase every year) for ever. The company doesn't promote much from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your hard working and loyal employees more.

Manager

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsFreedom when it comes to hours worked. Your manager does not micro manage as long work is getting done.

ConsMost of the customers are incompetent jerks. For the most part hourly employees do their jobs, but mostly bare minimums. Who could blame them? The company has nothing in place to develop hourly employees, and is not good about promoting from within.

Corporate is extremely out of touch with what goes on outside of Houston, TX. The training program within this company is nonexistent and they take little to no time to develop their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementFight for your employees.

Just like any corporate ladder, the less you work, the more you earn and the more you work, the less you earn.

Warehouse (Former Employee) Burr Ridge, IL

ProsQuarterly Bonuses (sometimes $300, sometimes $50)

ConsA Goodman Branch consists of 3 employees. A Branch Manager, a CSR, and a Warehouse Employee. You can expect that the CSR and the warehouse employee complete all of the work while your Branch Manager sits in his office playing with his smart phone and talking crap about customers/clients to other local branch Managers. (PS, the Branch Manager typically earns about 3x the amount that a CSR or Warehouseman earns.

They seem to give you an impressions that you have to fear or be intimidated by upper management. They are always mentioning that the "director of this" or the "operations manager of that" is coming in to visit and you have to play kiss-ass the whole time they're there. From my experience, they're all normal everyday people and just expect you to do the job that's assigned to you.

Raises? Incentive? Never heard of it. I began working for Goodman in Nov 12 and resigned in Jan 2014 (15 months) . Not once did my branch manager mention a mid-year or annual review. And don't be surprised if that increase you've been desperately waiting for is any more than $.50 ----- "Sorry we couldn't increase your pay, but here's a $25 gift card to Target!" (great place to shop right now)

If you're wondering why your sales might be suffering or you're losing customers, look to your managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified individuals, not referred associates within the company. Match the managers salary to the work they actually put in. The workers want decent wages, not gift cards.

Treat us with a respect and don't take us for granted. I know that, to you, we are just a number than can easily be replaced. But while you sit behind your computer all day, we're the ones who see the problems with your company.

Great company

Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat environment, good opportunities, a lot to work on!

ConsA lot of people start their projects, but never finish them!

Working experience

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPeople are nice. Opportunity to cooperate with oversea counterparts.

ConsThe working environment isn't very adorable.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people from different spectrum.

Employees quit BOSSES not company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDeciveing name "GOODMAN" nothing else worht mentioning

ConsMany to list. Management from the top down, they treat people like a piece of trash. They do not have respect to Human or God creation in general. Family life forget about it, They give you cell phone, don't get excited, you must be connected to worjk 24/7, you get a 150 emails on everage daily, if you dont keep up with it, you are get in the hole. On a Sunday I did not answer my phone at 6 in the morning, but when I got up at 8, I saw the miss call, called my boss back, I was litterly belittled, degraded, insulted and cursed at, which was the norm day in day out. He forgot to submit important report for Monday morning so he wanted me to log in and work on my day off while he is enjoying his time out of town.
    You are not to make decision on your own, BOSS will bluntly say:
    "Who the .... authorized you". Do I have to go ON and ON....

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your best assets. Get rid of the abuser, manapulitive managers.

Decent

Manufacturing (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosthe poeple are nice to work with

Consmoving within the company is not easy

Worked for Goodman Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!