Goodman Manufacturing

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Charles A. Carroll

Pros
  • Located in Houston TX; high growth city(in 3 reviews)

• Good people to work with out in the plant(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They seem to give you an impressions that you have to fear or be intimidated by upper management(in 5 reviews)

• like all factories hot nasty and more drama(in 4 reviews)

everyday its a challenge

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dayton, TN

ProsIts a job close to home

Conslike all factories hot nasty and more drama

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people like they are helping the company not just a number

Goodman has been a great experience as an engineering intern. I would be willing to work for them after graduation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunities and vision from the management

ConsDifficult systems/old habits to break in order to make improvements

It's just a job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fayetteville, TN

ProsIt's a job. The pay and benefits are decent, but that's about all there is there. People on the floor are good to work with and it's reasonably clean and cool for a factory.

ConsManagement is cold toward employees and mistakes result in firing, so nobody takes responsibility if they can avoid it. The union seems to only help their buddies who often deserved what they got anyway. The new plant manager is a numbers guy who apparently has no real world experience and if it's not on a spreadsheet it doesn't exist to him. There is no opportunity for growth in the company other than to a department supervisor level, and they're treated as bad as the rest of us. If they don't 'crack the whip' they won't last long.

There is little to no job satisfaction there. You won't go home thinking of what you've accomplished that day - you'll just be glad its over. Most of the equipment is old and has been patched to death. Management won't spend money to fix things right or replace them so every day is an adventure in McGuivering. The consensus is the new Japanese owners bought a distribution network that happened to have some factories with it, and if that's true then there's little hope for improvements there.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at how run down and patched together everything around you really is and do something about it. Treat employees with respect and listen to their suggestions. They deal with things all day long while you walk by. Give your maintenance people the resources they need to fix things right. Giving people an incentive and acknowledging their accomplishments will go much further than threats and intimidation ever could.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The absolute worst company I ever worked for!

Assembly Worker (Former Employee)

ProsNo pros to talk about.

ConsPoorly run company. 2nd shift there is a lot of prejudice towards white people from all the black people working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to show up unanounced during 2nd shift to see all the stuff that is going on. Everything runs fine until the 1st shift supervisors are all gone. There is so much favoratism, and relatives working on 2nd shift.

Great People

Warranty Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPeople, flexible schedule, good communications between management and other personnel

ConsPoor sick leave program, out of date software

Advice to Senior ManagementFor a company that aspires to have top of the line HVAC systems, the IT and software programs used are so out of date. Company is still using Microsoft from 2003 unless you are upper management. Rolled out new internal software programs with too many problems. Needs to ask the personnel that actually use these programs for advice prior to roll out.

Good Experience for me

Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI guess you could say it was a paycheck when i needed one the most, I learned how to use As400.

ConsOld equipment, still using office 2003
    I was given a Pc that had a bad fan.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try and be fair to your contract employees.

Basic technical questions

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSmall company but good exposure

Consbad management in terms of leaning new things

Advice to Senior Managementbetter compensation

Challenging environment working for an industry leader

ProsExcellent compensation. Strong Senior Management with focused vision.

ConsLong hours, flat organization so limited upward mobility.

Its a tough place to work especially if you are a someone who likes to be methodical

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThe initial salary package typically is pretty good. People are friendly but I have certainly seen better.

ConsThere is no concept of employee development. Its a "sweat shop" mentality. Leadership runs on a push system more than a pull strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsidering employee development will take the company forward by leaps and bounds. Will also increase personnel motivation.

Hope and Change

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fayetteville, TN

ProsThe Fayetteville, TN facility has a new plant manager now and their focus appears to be changing from a harsh and unfeeling management style to a more enjoyable and rewarding place to work. The general employee outlook is much more positive than in years and hopefully the improvements we're seeing will continue. Time will tell just how far the improvements will go, but for now we seem to be headed in the right direction.

ConsThere still remains much of the old management ways and it'll take time to excise them. Quality is improving but years of indifference and neglect will take time to reverse. Many bad habits remain, but hopefully the new management will see and correct them. Some supervisors still have the old harsh attitude toward employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees and respect them. Praise will bring you greater rewards than punishment.

Worked for Goodman Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!