Goodman Manufacturing

Updated September 14, 2014
2.7

Charles A. Carroll
1 Rating

Pros
  • Located in Houston TX; high growth city (in 3 reviews)

• Good people to work with out in the plant (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They seem to give you an impressions that you have to fear or be intimidated by upper management (in 5 reviews)

• like all factories hot nasty and more drama (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Experience for me

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I guess you could say it was a paycheck when i needed one the most, I learned how to use As400.

Cons

Old equipment, still using office 2003
    I was given a Pc that had a bad fan.

Please try and be fair to your contract employees.

Challenging environment working for an industry leader

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent compensation. Strong Senior Management with focused vision.

Cons

Long hours, flat organization so limited upward mobility.

Its a tough place to work especially if you are a someone who likes to be methodical

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The initial salary package typically is pretty good. People are friendly but I have certainly seen better.

Cons

There is no concept of employee development. Its a "sweat shop" mentality. Leadership runs on a push system more than a pull strategy.

Considering employee development will take the company forward by leaps and bounds. Will also increase personnel motivation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worse job ever!

Current Employee - Operator  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Operator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing for more than 3 years

Pros

Not many pros... a weekly check is about it. Hopefully some changes are coming.

Cons

Where do I start? QUALITY is nonexistent! Micromanaged to the highest level. Zero communication between departments. Very UNSAFE environment, unorganized ect!

Listen to your hourly employees! We are begging for help. Setup some kind of training for new employees. Safety could use some tweaking also.

Hope and Change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fayetteville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, TN

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Fayetteville, TN facility has a new plant manager now and their focus appears to be changing from a harsh and unfeeling management style to a more enjoyable and rewarding place to work. The general employee outlook is much more positive than in years and hopefully the improvements we're seeing will continue. Time will tell just how far the improvements will go, but for now we seem to be headed in the right direction.

Cons

There still remains much of the old management ways and it'll take time to excise them. Quality is improving but years of indifference and neglect will take time to reverse. Many bad habits remain, but hopefully the new management will see and correct them. Some supervisors still have the old harsh attitude toward employees.

Appreciate your employees and respect them. Praise will bring you greater rewards than punishment.

All work & No play

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn a lot, team gets friendly, learn business management

Cons

excessive work load
    no work-life balance
    growth opportunities are very few

employee should not just be considered a machine. they should be allowed to grow. Improving the way people are handled will help reduce the attrition rate dramatically

A good place to work

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Exciting, demanding and refreshing 24/7 If you like to work this is the place

Cons

No advancement in the development department

none

A look from within

Current Employee - Upper Management  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Upper Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, co-workers, and working environment. Company promotes lots of fun activities and functions outside of the company for their employee's.

Cons

You stay in the same position and salary (besides the 3% increase every year) for ever. The company doesn't promote much from within.

Recognize your hard working and loyal employees more.

Just like any corporate ladder, the less you work, the more you earn and the more you work, the less you earn.

Former Employee - Warehouse  in  Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quarterly Bonuses (sometimes $300, sometimes $50)

Cons

A Goodman Branch consists of 3 employees. A Branch Manager, a CSR, and a Warehouse Employee. You can expect that the CSR and the warehouse employee complete all of the work while your Branch Manager sits in his office playing with his smart phone and talking crap about customers/clients to other local branch Managers. (PS, the Branch Manager typically earns about 3x the amount that a CSR or Warehouseman earns.

They seem to give you an impressions that you have to fear or be intimidated by upper management. They are always mentioning that the "director of this" or the "operations manager of that" is coming in to visit and you have to play kiss-ass the whole time they're there. From my experience, they're all normal everyday people and just expect you to do the job that's assigned to you.

Raises? Incentive? Never heard of it. I began working for Goodman in Nov 12 and resigned in Jan 2014 (15 months) . Not once did my branch manager mention a mid-year or annual review. And don't be surprised if that increase you've been desperately waiting for is any more than $.50 ----- "Sorry we couldn't increase your pay, but here's a $25 gift card to Target!" (great place to shop right now)

If you're wondering why your sales might be suffering or you're losing customers, look to your managers.

Hire qualified individuals, not referred associates within the company. Match the managers salary to the work they actually put in. The workers want decent wages, not gift cards.

Treat us with a respect and don't take us for granted. I know that, to you, we are just a number than can easily be replaced. But while you sit behind your computer all day, we're the ones who see the problems with your company.

Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom when it comes to hours worked. Your manager does not micro manage as long work is getting done.

Cons

Most of the customers are incompetent jerks. For the most part hourly employees do their jobs, but mostly bare minimums. Who could blame them? The company has nothing in place to develop hourly employees, and is not good about promoting from within.

Corporate is extremely out of touch with what goes on outside of Houston, TX. The training program within this company is nonexistent and they take little to no time to develop their employees.

Fight for your employees.

Worked for Goodman Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!