Goodman Manufacturing

Updated September 10, 2014
2.7

Charles A. Carroll
1 Rating

Pros
  • Located in Houston TX; high growth city (in 3 reviews)

• Good people to work with out in the plant (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They seem to give you an impressions that you have to fear or be intimidated by upper management (in 5 reviews)

• like all factories hot nasty and more drama (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Working experience

Former Employee - Design Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing part-time for less than a year

Pros

People are nice. Opportunity to cooperate with oversea counterparts.

Cons

The working environment isn't very adorable.

Hire people from different spectrum.

Employees quit BOSSES not company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Deciveing name "GOODMAN" nothing else worht mentioning

Cons

Many to list. Management from the top down, they treat people like a piece of trash. They do not have respect to Human or God creation in general. Family life forget about it, They give you cell phone, don't get excited, you must be connected to worjk 24/7, you get a 150 emails on everage daily, if you dont keep up with it, you are get in the hole. On a Sunday I did not answer my phone at 6 in the morning, but when I got up at 8, I saw the miss call, called my boss back, I was litterly belittled, degraded, insulted and cursed at, which was the norm day in day out. He forgot to submit important report for Monday morning so he wanted me to log in and work on my day off while he is enjoying his time out of town.
    You are not to make decision on your own, BOSS will bluntly say:
    "Who the .... authorized you". Do I have to go ON and ON....

Take care of your best assets. Get rid of the abuser, manapulitive managers.

Decent

Current Employee - Manufacturing  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manufacturing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than a year

Pros

the poeple are nice to work with

Cons

moving within the company is not easy

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TSM

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing

Pros

Big company with good benefits

Cons

Leadership is not good. Constantly changing pay structure and plan.

Don't mess with people pay.

Quality Engineer

Former Employee - Quality Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Location, Big Company, good people, trainings,

Cons

long working hours during peak season

none

Waist of time for SOME not ALL!!!! Long story short "I'll never go back!"

Former Employee - Factory Worker  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Factory Worker in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing part-time for less than a year

Pros

SOME Friendly people, they actually make the place worth going to. If it wasn't for some many different funny/amazing personalities, the place would be more miserable than it already is. MANAGERS: The ones I've talk with were pretty cool i guess. Can't say that about all because I've only met a few.

Cons

Wow ,I don't know where to start because I've seen A LOT the few days I've been. The 1st thing I have to throw out there is "there is no organization" none what so ever. If you're getting hired through a temp service and you go through orientation and receive a badge to start the job....... Don't get to happy because when you actually get to the factory & clock in you may or may not get chose by the supervisors. It's a WIN or LOSE, They pick over people. If you don't get chose the day you start they tell you "sorry, we don't have anything for you today, come tomorrow and we'll find you something". The sad part is that it does not stop there. You can come day after day and they still may tell you to keep coming back until you finally stop coming. They don't tell you that at the temp service. They should tell us "even if you get your badge it's still not a guarantee you'll work when you get to goodman."If you have to drive far to get there I'll say don't go, it's a waste of gas.

Some of the employees are actually good workers from what I've saw.. I have one in mind he actually took his time while training me and did a way better job than the first person they stuck me with.The manager refused to believe he helped me and mmoved me to a diff area.I feel they deserve better treatment, the place is already no good. The reason why they stay and put up with it is for the check of course, but other then that I believe the employees will flip and show how they really feel if they didn't need the money... Other than that fhe two managers or supervisors I've talked to are pretty koo. They just sugar coat the fact that they don't want you, which wastes people's time,gas, and life which I feel isn't right. I bet they would be koo ppl outside of work tho. My advice to you is "form more organization and tell people the truth from the get go to save YOU and UPCOMING employees the trouble"

Transportation Planner

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly place to work at

Cons

A couple of off the wall people in management that do not have good people skills

Need an open door policy for complaints

Working for Goodman was not a good experience

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for less than a year

Pros

quality products at competitive prices

Cons

most employees are not happy, RSM clueless, disorganized, very little support and horrible IT help desk

Make sure RSMs have sales experience and can help TSMs be successful

Director

Current Employee - Director  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for the largest HVAC manufacturer in North America. Not many layers of management

Cons

Require more resources to perform job properly.

A better compensation package for amount of business in which I am responsible for.

Just a paycheck

Current Employee - Hourly Employee  in  Fayetteville, TN
    Current Employee - Hourly Employee in Fayetteville, TN

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's a paycheck and insurance in a time when both are scarce. Good people to work with out in the plant.

Cons

The plant is run like a prison. Upper management is cold and heartless toward the employees, even the floor supervisors. Mistakes result in firing. There is no communication at all there other than rumors. There is a huge turnover there. They hire large numbers in the spring and then lay them off in the fall. It takes years to gain enough seniority to escape this routine.

Most of the equipment is old and some machines are unsafe. Overhead cranes behave erratically but are never inspected or repaired. There is a large hole in the side of the building where a large die fell through it - thank goodness no one was on the other side when it fell. The hole was made a couple of years ago and is still covered by a tarp. The maintenance folks are constantly patching breakdowns because management will not spend the money to fix things right. The parts we handle have huge burrs on the edges and we can easily get some pretty nasty cuts. If anything happens you'll take a drug test and will be fired if anything shows up. Then it's up to you to prove your innocence to an indifferent and uncaring management.

The company was sold a few months ago and hopefully things will begin to change there. However, the same management is still there with the same hostility toward the employees. Nothing has changed so far, and most have lost hope for it too.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's just that simple.

Worked for Goodman Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!