Goodman Manufacturing

Updated October 17, 2014
Updated October 17, 2014
2.6

Charles A. Carroll

Pros
  • Located in Houston TX; high growth city (in 3 reviews)

• Good people to work with out in the plant (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is cold and heartless toward the employees, even the floor supervisors (in 5 reviews)

• like all factories hot nasty and more drama (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Just like any corporate ladder, the less you work, the more you earn and the more you work, the less you earn.

Former Employee - Warehouse in Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Quarterly Bonuses (sometimes $300, sometimes $50)

Cons

A Goodman Branch consists of 3 employees. A Branch Manager, a CSR, and a Warehouse Employee. You can expect that the CSR and the warehouse employee complete all of the work while your Branch Manager sits in his office playing with his smart phone and talking crap about customers/clients to other local branch Managers. (PS, the Branch Manager typically earns about 3x the amount that a CSR or Warehouseman earns.

They seem to give you an impressions that you have to fear or be intimidated by upper management. They are always mentioning that the "director of this" or the "operations manager of that" is coming in to visit and you have to play kiss-ass the whole time they're there. From my experience, they're all normal everyday people and just expect you to do the job that's assigned to you.

Raises? Incentive? Never heard of it. I began working for Goodman in Nov 12 and resigned in Jan 2014 (15 months) . Not once did my branch manager mention a mid-year or annual review. And don't be surprised if that increase you've been desperately waiting for is any more than $.50 ----- "Sorry we couldn't increase your pay, but here's a $25 gift card to Target!" (great place to shop right now)

If you're wondering why your sales might be suffering or you're losing customers, look to your managers.

Hire qualified individuals, not referred associates within the company. Match the managers salary to the work they actually put in. The workers want decent wages, not gift cards.

Treat us with a respect and don't take us for granted. I know that, to you, we are just a number than can easily be replaced. But while you sit behind your computer all day, we're the ones who see the problems with your company.

Great company

Current Employee - Solutions Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Solutions Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great environment, good opportunities, a lot to work on!

Cons

A lot of people start their projects, but never finish them!

Working experience

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are nice. Opportunity to cooperate with oversea counterparts.

Cons

The working environment isn't very adorable.

Hire people from different spectrum.

Employees quit BOSSES not company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Deciveing name "GOODMAN" nothing else worht mentioning

Cons

Many to list. Management from the top down, they treat people like a piece of trash. They do not have respect to Human or God creation in general. Family life forget about it, They give you cell phone, don't get excited, you must be connected to worjk 24/7, you get a 150 emails on everage daily, if you dont keep up with it, you are get in the hole. On a Sunday I did not answer my phone at 6 in the morning, but when I got up at 8, I saw the miss call, called my boss back, I was litterly belittled, degraded, insulted and cursed at, which was the norm day in day out. He forgot to submit important report for Monday morning so he wanted me to log in and work on my day off while he is enjoying his time out of town.
    You are not to make decision on your own, BOSS will bluntly say:
    "Who the .... authorized you". Do I have to go ON and ON....

Take care of your best assets. Get rid of the abuser, manapulitive managers.

Decent

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manufacturing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the poeple are nice to work with

Cons

moving within the company is not easy

TSM

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing

Pros

Big company with good benefits

Cons

Leadership is not good. Constantly changing pay structure and plan.

Don't mess with people pay.

Quality Engineer

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Location, Big Company, good people, trainings,

Cons

long working hours during peak season

none

Waist of time for SOME not ALL!!!! Long story short "I'll never go back!"

Former Employee - Factory Worker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Factory Worker in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

SOME Friendly people, they actually make the place worth going to. If it wasn't for some many different funny/amazing personalities, the place would be more miserable than it already is. MANAGERS: The ones I've talk with were pretty cool i guess. Can't say that about all because I've only met a few.

Cons

Wow ,I don't know where to start because I've seen A LOT the few days I've been. The 1st thing I have to throw out there is "there is no organization" none what so ever. If you're getting hired through a temp service and you go through orientation and receive a badge to start the job....... Don't get to happy because when you actually get to the factory & clock in you may or may not get chose by the supervisors. It's a WIN or LOSE, They pick over people. If you don't get chose the day you start they tell you "sorry, we don't have anything for you today, come tomorrow and we'll find you something". The sad part is that it does not stop there. You can come day after day and they still may tell you to keep coming back until you finally stop coming. They don't tell you that at the temp service. They should tell us "even if you get your badge it's still not a guarantee you'll work when you get to goodman."If you have to drive far to get there I'll say don't go, it's a waste of gas.

Some of the employees are actually good workers from what I've saw.. I have one in mind he actually took his time while training me and did a way better job than the first person they stuck me with.The manager refused to believe he helped me and mmoved me to a diff area.I feel they deserve better treatment, the place is already no good. The reason why they stay and put up with it is for the check of course, but other then that I believe the employees will flip and show how they really feel if they didn't need the money... Other than that fhe two managers or supervisors I've talked to are pretty koo. They just sugar coat the fact that they don't want you, which wastes people's time,gas, and life which I feel isn't right. I bet they would be koo ppl outside of work tho. My advice to you is "form more organization and tell people the truth from the get go to save YOU and UPCOMING employees the trouble"

Transportation Planner

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly place to work at

Cons

A couple of off the wall people in management that do not have good people skills

Need an open door policy for complaints

Working for Goodman was not a good experience

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

quality products at competitive prices

Cons

most employees are not happy, RSM clueless, disorganized, very little support and horrible IT help desk

Make sure RSMs have sales experience and can help TSMs be successful