Goodman Networks Reviews

Reset
2.3
Goodman Networks CEO Ron Hill
Ron Hill

Pros
  • Very hard working team of professionals (in 6 reviews)

• Met some good people and learned a lot from my superior (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much upper management with little or no leadership skills (in 8 reviews)

• Employees are not given assigned duties and are expected to do a wide range of tasks with little to no training (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

My Employment Experience with Goodman Networks

I have been working at Goodman Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My experience with working here for the last 4 years has been a positive experience... I was able to create and expand the position that I currently hold which has been an awesome experience not to mention how much it has helped me to grown as a professional! I have the best team members, everyone pitches in when needed and comes together for new ideas and programs to help out both our customer base as well as our internal customers. We have paid holidays! Our company is based on Christian values so saying Merry Christmas or celebrating Good Friday is a valued asset to all who work at Goodman Networks. I have the BEST management team that will stand by you no matter what, if you make a mistake, they are there to help pull you through it and if you have a big celebration, they are there to celebrate with you as well. I look forward to many more years with this company,

Cons

We really need more PTO time, a balance for sick and a balance for vacations.

Advice to Management

Just get out more and talk to the employee population... they really want to hear from you!

2. GNET SAS

Current Employee - Site Acquisition Specialist in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Site Acquisition Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Goodman Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has a solid infrastructure to support you as far as Human Resources and benefits are concerned.

Cons

Lack of Training Lack of Guidance Lack of Leadership

3. I Love Goodman Networks - Great place to work!

I have been working at Goodman Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked in many places; Goodman Networks is the best company I've been able to be a part of. I appreciate the competitive pay, the annual incentive bonuses, PTO pay, a GREAT paid holiday schedule, 401K, the raises, the benefits and the care for me as a person (not a number), as well as the "flexibility" when it comes to having to tend to family needs (as a single mother, that is important to me and very much appreciated). Perfect company? No. I've NEVER worked for a perfect company. A company on the move and interested in "Getting it Right"? Yes. I've NEVER worked for a company that put such a focus on striving to get it better like this one does. I appreciate the vision and mission and the efforts I see working towards improvement. That being the case, if you don't like constantly being on the move and lots of change as the telecommunications dynamics/demand changes, then this likely is not the place for you. Every day is challenging and it keeps you on your toes. Be excellent at what you do and your work will be rewarding. We have a great Executive Team who are concerned about the welfare of the company AND employees; that balance is something that you don't see everywhere and I appreciate that it is a part of our culture here. Also appreciate that Goodman has NOT decreased benefits to employees or kicked up the price in healthcare significantly due to the economic challenges in recent years. Many companies have had to make some adjustments but Goodman has made the sacrifice so the employees won't be significantly affected. I appreciate that and it speaks volumes to me.

Cons

I wish we had an expected time frame for designated sick days (at least 5 days per year) that was separated out from PTO. That would help with those unexpected times. That being said, however, I really appreciate that GN provides such a quick accrual of PTO time. You get 1 week within the first year and it accrues up to 4 weeks by year 5.

Advice to Management

Communicate more to all employees - from the heart. Where are we going? Where do you see us in 1, 3, 5 years? Talk about the vision and direction so we can take it, scale it down to our own positions and figure out where we fit in it and what we can do to help Goodman be the most successful it can be. We want to hear more from you! Also, put higher importance on Management & Supervisor Training.

5. Goodman Summary

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager IV in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager IV in Plano, TX

I worked at Goodman Networks (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment with good benefits. Upper Management seems to have the welfare of the employees high on their list of priorities. HR followed up with individuals to confirm receipt of Severance Pay.

Cons

Due to economic conditions they had to execute a Reduction in Force that affected 340 people.

6. Constant work force reduction

Pros

Flexible hours. Medical, dental, 401k match

Cons

Unstable, there is constant work force reduction.

Construction Manager

Former Employee - Construction Manager II in The Colony, TX
    Former Employee - Construction Manager II in The Colony, TX

I worked at Goodman Networks (More than a year)

Pros

Good People To Work With.

Cons

A Very Bad Company To Work For.

Advice to Management

Stop Laying People Off.

8. good company

Former Employee - Construction Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Construction Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Goodman Networks (More than a year)

Pros

The company did help out with any needs you had

Cons

I did not have any issues with this company

Advice to Management

N/A

9. The Sky is The Limit!!

I have been working at Goodman Networks full-time

Pros

I honestly see employees striving higher and dedicated to making Goodman the best it can be. There have been and continue to be process improvements incorporated which will make us a true force to be wreckened with!! I am proud to be a part of positive change and growth at GN including the hard work and fast paced environment!!

Cons

A more robust PTO plan would be a plus.

10. Too big too fast

I worked at Goodman Networks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great talent and co-workers. Decent benefits. Had some great projects, all over the country. Most expenses were covered to work.

Cons

Constant fear of lay offs. Many projects being killed too soon. Hurry up and wait. Very low chance of furthering career. Poor retention, a real revolving door of a company. Too many eggs in one basket.

Advice to Management

Hit the rewind button to one year ago. Put talent on process earlier on and not wait till the customer is displeased. Hope the new COO works out, seems as though a lot of projects ended once the change took place, and a lot of work dried up.

11. Great company with promising future

I have been working at Goodman Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Technology-focused company that strives to stay atop a very competitive industry. Key partners to the major carriers. Acquisitions over the past couple of years have really driven growth and a better portfolio of service offerings. Management really understands employee's concerns and attempts to provide solutions.

Cons

Significant growth in last few years; infrastructure still catching up with growth. Similar to start up company in many respects.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in systems and people to help company continue to grow.

RSS Feed </> Embed