Goodmortgage.com

Keith Luedeman

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company over 2 years now and always speak highly of it to my friends and family. The company offers good benefits from an excellent PTO scale to a matching 401K plan and a workout facility on site that has allowed me to cancel my gym membership. I am glad to see management bringing back some perks that seemed to have faded away with time, like company lunches for meeting monthly goals. Overall, I feel very secure in my job, look forward to future opportunities here and am glad to be part of the team.

Cons

Like any company, there is room for improvement. Having an annual performance review system put in place as an opportunity for employees' performance and salaries to be evaluated on a regular basis would go a long way in bringing a greater sense of value to the team, especially for those who are valuable and committed assets to the company and its success. I think it would go a long way in boosting the overall morale and attitude of many of the employees as well, ensuring and safeguarding against any feelings of frustration or become overwhelmed in ones workload.

Be mindful of the workload on each of your employees. It means a lot to an employee when they feel their managers are aware of what they are daily bringing to the table and feel like a valued team member. Keep up the good work.

Nov 26, 2014CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We are grateful that you have given us your honest feedback as an employee of goodmortgage.com. It has been a tough year in the mortgage business and many companies have ... More

Most insecure owner in Charlotte

Former Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Goodmortgage.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None none none zero nada!

Cons

Morgue like atmosphere, zero moral, revolving door, no raises, owner won't pay for any licensing and makes you sign contracts if there are issues with loans that you cover the monetary errors! It's called a business expense, your employees are going to make mistakes sometimes. Thinks having amenities such as a dated playroom, basketball court no one uses, and a gym with equipment as old as employees is all the benefits in the world. Every month the owner figures out a way to takeaway from employees because he is greedy. Cut bonus amounts, lower bps, literally every month the owner figures out a way to take away from employees and wonders why no one respects him or why moral is in the toilet. Be prepared to be micro managed to the point it will drive you to insanity. You can and will not do anything right ever at this company nor will any new smiling face or new recruit until the owner changes the way he is. It is crystal clear after a few weeks how a miserable, greedy, insecure man is running a stable program of mortgage lending into the ground. No employee will ever stand up for themselves because they are scared of being fired or picked apart by the owner for voicing your opinion. They all just work like fragile little sheep as a wolf paces the field. Irony is how many awards are in the building I swear must have been paid for because the place is garbage. Even some of the veteran employees know what a joke they work at but need a job or have been tolerating a terrible employer so long they know nothing different is out there. By far the worst place I have ever worked in my life!! And trust me he will come after you for the smallest monetary issues after you leave or swear you stole leads!! He will so deny every single unemployment claim even when he knowingly fires you!! Anywhere is better than goodmortgage!

Raises! Benefits benefits benefits, not a dumb massage chair! Incentives to stay, you invest nothing in the employees so why would anyone stay!....

Oct 1, 2014CEO

Wow, that is a pretty intense review. I am sorry you felt that way. We strive each day to do things to let our employees know how much they are appreciated. Just last week for example we hosted ... More

God awful...

I worked at Goodmortgage.com

Pros

Nope nope nope.. Not one.

Cons

Cheap leads, recruitment process is a sales pitch so prepare to be disappointed. Antiquated software. Management knows little about originating. The positive reviews here are forcefully written by current employees. If you want to know what it's really like before you commit to coming here reach out to someone on linkedin that's been here to get the truth. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone with anything positive to say. Also, if you are NOT licensed do not come here or you will get ripped off for your licensing fees. Even experienced loan officers are put on the training team where your slighted to fail from he get go.

How about installing a revolving door for all the talent that keeps abandoning this place within a month because you refuse to take criticism and fix this place.

Sep 16, 2014CEO

I am truly sorry you feel this way and really do appreciate your candor. I am confused a bit about the charge of cheap leads and the revolving door. Many of our loan officers have been here for ... More

A Work Environment Jammed Packed With Opportunities To Do Great Things.

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com (more than a year)

Pros

This is a work place that allows for growth, improvement and limitless possibilities if you put forth the effort. You can rest assured that you work for a company with high ethical standards. The amenities, such as the fitness center, massage chairs and basketball court are there for employees to use and enjoy. In fact it is encouraged.

Cons

Because of the high ethical standards and commitment to excellence, it can take some time for decisions to be made on various areas of the business.

Continue to treat employees with respect and never be afraid to hit the floor and let everyone know how much you appreciate the work they do.

Jul 24, 2014CEO

Thank you for your insight and encouragement. Our management team at goodmortgage.com strives each day to make sure that employees are encouraged and appreciated. Sometimes it does take time to make ... More

Loan officer

I worked at Goodmortgage.com

Pros

They have a gym and the office is set very open. Aesthetically, it's very pleasing to the eye

Cons

I'm not even sure where to start. This company embodies everything that is wrong with the mortgage business. The micro managing has gotten much worse since the rates have crept up a bit. The turn over is so high and managment does nothing to stop the cycle and retain their employees. The "good reviews" on this site are done by upper managment. I know this for certain because my manager was busy typing away a glowing review a day after someone had blasted the company.

The comp plan is very weak and you will have to close many more units to make what some of my girlfriends are making at other firms. The owner will lie to you and tell you think that's imply aren't true. I should have never left my last company to come and work with a pack of wolves who only look out for each other.

If you want a career in mortgages this is not the place for you. You can find something way better than a firm that keeps most of their employees for a year or less. It's a paycheck, not a career.

Keep your employees happy by not cracking the whip every day. Stop the bleeding of employee turnover. Moral is much lower than you can ever imagine.

Nov 17, 2014CEO

I am sorry you feel this way about our company. I can tell you that some of your statements are correct and appreciated. We do have a very aesthetically pleasing workplace and the gym and basketball ... More

Learn something new every day!

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time

Pros

I feel that goodmortgage.com offers a challenging work environment in a way that encourages growth. I am given new tasks every day that help me to learn new aspects of the mortgage industry and business in general. I am encouraged to step up to the challenges and am rewarded for hard work.

Cons

The nature of the industry does not leave room for errors. It is easy to get down on yourself when a mistake is made.

Jun 6, 2014CEO

Thank you for this review. We know that the mortgage business can be stressful and you’re right it doesn’t leave a lot of room for errors. We are helping people make one of the largest purchase in ... More

DO NOT WORK HERE

Former Employee - Loan Officer
    Former Employee - Loan Officer

I worked at Goodmortgage.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm forced to write at least a 20 word minimum. There were no pros to working here. After I realized what kind of company I was working for I would dread the drive to work everyday.

Cons

This is hands down the worst mortgage company to work for in Charlotte, ask anyone else in town and they will tell you horror stories.

Owner is a nightmare, he will lie to your face with a smile.

You will not make money and will be looking for a way out ASAP.

They have an extremely high turnover rate because of their leads, management, process flow, etc.

Leads are the worst in the industry.

Pricing not on par with companies you are competing against.

Hurdles to getting loans locked and closed make it hard to lock loans much less get them closed.

Will not pay you on loans that do close if company processing and underwriting holds loan up for extremely long periods of time and customer not willing to pay lock extensions (which I wouldn't either if I were the customer.) They will justify you not earning commission based on something out of your control, but 100% under company control.

Company/Owner are cheap.

Benefits are mediocre at best.

Make sure to watch your paycheck. Payroll and accounting errors that will cost you money.

Any advice given to the Owner is useless as he will not consider anything that would improve employee's opportunity to make money or work experience. There is one thing on his mind and that is greed. Hands down the most out of touch employer I've ever experienced.

Jul 11, 2014CEO

Thank you for your candid response. First off I would like to say I regret that you feel this way but appreciate your candor. Turnover rate in the mortgage business is very high. Most loan officers ... More

Very professional, upbeat and fun company to work for

Current Employee - Management in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Management in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom and flexibility to get the job done. Company policies are fair and known. Compensation is tied to performance. Positive culture

Cons

sometimes workload and hours of work are heavy.

It could be better for the CEO to be a little more visible to employees by being out on the floor or taking some time to meet with employees more frequently.

Jul 24, 2014CEO

“Freedom and flexibility to get the job done”. I love the fact that this message is coming across to the management team. With growth always comes more responsibility and I have to say that without ... More

Unlimited earning potential as a Loan Officer

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com

Pros

Systems training program makes learing the internal systems easy, even if you've never used Encompass ot LoanX CMS. Lots and lots of leads. Sysems make it easy to price and sell loans on the spot. It is not unsual to complete the application and lock the loan on the first phone call with the client. Sales training is solid ongoing weekly. Managment is very available. Strong team atmosphere so even if managers are busy and you need something right now, team leads and senior loan officers can and will help. Proceessing is on point. Underwriting has a can do attitude which is key for funding loans. Closing loans with appraisals in less than 3 weeks from sale to close.

Cons

More structured than other companies I've worked for in the past. Specific work times, etc. Not over the top strict about it but the policies are there.

Jul 24, 2014CEO

So glad to hear things like this. We try very hard to ensure proper training and utilization of our resources. We want to see people succeed and feel that the only way to do so is to start them off ... More

The best mortgage company in Charlotte, NC!

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Access to instant pricing, in house underwriting, knowledgeable managers, great compensation packages , promotes from with in, never had to layoff employees.

Cons

It's not a 40 hour a week job which is true of most sales job.

Keep up the good work!