Goodmortgage.com
goodmortgage.com Charlotte, NC 50 to 149 Employees

Goodmortgage.com Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Keith Luedeman

Very professional, upbeat and fun company to work for

Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFreedom and flexibility to get the job done. Company policies are fair and known. Compensation is tied to performance. Positive culture

Conssometimes workload and hours of work are heavy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt could be better for the CEO to be a little more visible to employees by being out on the floor or taking some time to meet with employees more frequently.

Unlimited earning potential as a Loan Officer

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com

ProsSystems training program makes learing the internal systems easy, even if you've never used Encompass ot LoanX CMS. Lots and lots of leads. Sysems make it easy to price and sell loans on the spot. It is not unsual to complete the application and lock the loan on the first phone call with the client. Sales training is solid ongoing weekly. Managment is very available. Strong team atmosphere so even if managers are busy and you need something right now, team leads and senior loan officers can and will help. Proceessing is on point. Underwriting has a can do attitude which is key for funding loans. Closing loans with appraisals in less than 3 weeks from sale to close.

ConsMore structured than other companies I've worked for in the past. Specific work times, etc. Not over the top strict about it but the policies are there.

Working at goodmortgage.com has been a fantastic and rewarding experience!

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgoodmortgage.com is a company that truly cares about its employees. The fact they they have been in business for 15 years and have never had a layoff tells you that. However, the indoor basketball court, workout room, and relaxing lounge just goes to prove they really want employees to feel appreciated. goodmortgage.com is always looking for new ways to generate business and reward employees for their successes.

The culture at goodmortgage.com represents their values of integrity, hard work, and attention to detail.

Consnone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great place to work!

Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com full-time for more than a year

ProsI have been with the company for just over a year and a half now and I enjoy coming to work each day. I have been given the opportunity to advance within the company on two different occassions which is very important to me. I enjoy the fact that I am able to determine my career path as well as how much money there is to be made. The people are wonderful and I often refer to them as my second family. Everyone knows how to have a good time but still be professional and take care of our customers. Management is always there to offer a listening ear and help through any probelms that may arise. Overall, this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

ConsNone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and continue to manage through motivation

Wouldn't recommend to anyone, worst employment experience I've had.

Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at Goodmortgage.com full-time for less than a year

ProsBasketball, weight room, massage chairs, etc.
Co-workers

ConsMicro management.
Compensation package changed multiple times in a few months. None of the changes benefiting the loan officer.
Passive-aggressive bullying.
High turnover.
Use of the wrong metrics to measure performance.
Different than agreed upon lead distribution.
Greedy management that refuses to acknowledge flaws in practices.
Constant payroll errors.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider why there is such a high rate of turnover for Loan Officers within your organization.

can't make a badmortgage good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWalking out the door
Vending machine content
co-workers

Consconstant change in loan compensation plan
not being paid for loans closed
micro managing
poor lead distribution (have and have nots)
not believing the rumors or reviews prior to employment
the company hired newbies and turned around and fired them! "been in business for 15 years and have never had a layoff" (employees consider fired and lay off as the same thing)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a profitable shop but don't give the illusion of paradise by when you run a sweat shop. Own up to it and be proud.

If you love cube farms and high turnover, look no further, but make sure to have an attorney"

Loan Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at Goodmortgage.com full-time for less than a year

ProsI have to write something

ConsCharged upwards of $4k for licensing, fired me, then tried to collect. Warehouse-type work environment, cube farm, micromanaged, miserable old employees

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't attempt to profit off high turnover, it's wrong and sleezy

Have a good attorney lined up before you start with them. Sue Happy

Sales (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at Goodmortgage.com full-time for more than a year

ProsThey have a gym in the office.

ConsArrogant, Misleading, Shady, Cheap, Micromanaging etc etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep back and let your salesmen do their job

Absolutly stay as far away from this organization as possible

Loan Originator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com

ProsThe only "pro" to speak of is the work facility itself, but even that is offset when you consider that the place is bugged and has hidden cameras in all spots of importance.....such as right above the suggestion box.

ConsThe owner is beyond greedy and has no respect for his employees labor or paycheck. I cannot express more heavily that this company is the pitts. The turnover is huge and most people who leave have a legitimate greivance concerning their wages/compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would start praying that what goes around never comes around.

The online complaints are all true. Not a good place to work if you expect to exceed the draw and enjoy our industry.

Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee)

I worked at Goodmortgage.com

ProsThe internet leads provided are plentiful and of excellent quality.

ConsThe initial training is poorly thought out and executed with minimal knowledge of current investor guidelines. The sales meetings during training are at best redundant with personal story telling and very little education on new guidelines, products and ethical sales technique. The processing of files is very slow maximixing rate lock extensions that whittle away the LO's original fee forecast. Errors made during processing result in closing errors and mix ups. Generally blame will be laid back upon the originator to deflect recognition of poor overall operational procedures and managment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeedless as management is receptive to fresh ideas, experience or change.

Worked for Goodmortgage.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodmortgage.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodmortgage.com CEO Keith Luedeman. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Goodmortgage.com employees.