Goodrich Corporation

Goodrich Corporation Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Goodrich Corporation Chairman, President, and CEO Marshall O. Larsen

Marshall O. Larsen

Pros:
  • "The company has a good work life balance"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Interesting products, good people, pretty good benefits"
    in 16 reviews
Cons:
  • "Decentralized business units - different management"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Upper management is oblivious or gullible since they have cultivated the situation for decades"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Sexist and old-school

Supply Chain (Former Employee)
Danbury, CT

I worked at Goodrich Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros"unlimited" personal & sick days - company policy to "assume the best." There are very intelligent, hardworking people here, but not all are like that. Things can get hectic, but there is a very healthy work-life balance.

Cons"Boys Club" mentality - if you don't suck up to management and play along with their games, they will make your life miserable and eventually try to push you out. Goodrich is very sexist - women are not paid nearly what the men are paid. Most of the men in my department were pigs and treated women like they were nothing but pieces of meat - checking them out, looking them up and down, making crude comments to each other, etc. The only way to get promoted is to buddy up with people who are deemed "important." The workloads were also unfairly distributed. People would just outright not do their work, and management would do nothing about it. The work was just given to people who actually worked hard and would do their job - and these are the same people that were underpaid and not recognized for their hard work. Very unethical & illegal things would go on and were repeatedly reported to HR, but nothing was ever done. Many employees were actively looking for a job, and I don't blame them - I got out as soon as I could! Since Goodrich was just acquired by UTC, everything is up in the air.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the current leadership team - NEVER promote people from within to management positions! Reward the hard workers, not people who slack off and go out golfing and drinking with the managers every other day. HR - LISTEN to your employees complaints/concerns - they are very real and makes coming into work very difficult when nothing is done.

Great company to work for, not real good decisions on who should be in what jobs though...

Temporary (Former Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Goodrich Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGoodrich is always taking advantage of holidays to show appreciation for their employees, they are constantly working to improve the way they do business, and they have fun while doing everything. They take the unpopular business opportunty to promote women to management positions and that is a really great thing to see.

ConsThere are, as in any company, some people that just don't belong there or in the positions that they hold. Low pay for such important work, and they give up quality to show that they are diversified. Sometimes working with other countries on certain parts of the business just does not make good business sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementIndia can be a great resource and help in engineering but not in the area of writing manuals that are required in English. Training, re-training, traveling back and forth has become a waste of employee time and company money.

Positive experience

Engineer (Current Employee)
Troy, OH

I have been working at Goodrich Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood advancement opportunity for those who want to climb the ladder. Compensation and benefits are very competitive. The corporate structure on down stresses high ethical standards for all employees with zero tolerance for unethical behavior.

ConsUncertainty with recent sale of the company to United Technologies Corporation. May have to relocate to advance up the corporate ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in current operations. The company is built on the knowledge and skills of those currently working for the company.

Great Company, Competitive Pay and excellent People Philosophy

Continuous Improvement Specialist (Current Employee)
Chula Vista, CA

I have been working at Goodrich Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsNo sick days, take what you need when you need it. Mutual Trust and Respect. They really treat employees like adults.
Aquired by UTC, could increase growth and opportunity potential

ConsAquired by UTC, future uncertain.

ISR Manufacturing Engineer Co-op

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee)
Westford, MA

I worked at Goodrich Corporation as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat group of people
Excellent pay for a co-op

ConsComplicated manufacturing processes made improvements difficult

So disappointed!!!

Mechanic (Former Employee)
Foley, AL

I worked at Goodrich Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey offer benefits from day 1, although not sure if that will change after the acquisition with UTC.

ConsWorked for the company for over 5.5 years, not given a chance to move up after several attempts to. Let go with no warning after hearing rumors they were getting rid of topped out employees with the merger coming. Now they are fighting my unemployment after all the human resource individuals said they would not, guess once they don't have to look at you they'll say anything. Appealed my removal, and after two hours they called back and said they couldn't do anything. Well in two hours you didn't even think about it. Was given awards for my service and yet was let go because of poor performance that has not been logged anywhere. They had me training other employees up until the last couple of weeks I was there. They set the clock to my time on several different areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the little people in your company. Many people are there because of family members and connections not for job performance. The bottom line can be accomplished by good hard working people, not just low inexperienced people which is what they seem to be looking for now.

Great place to work for

Desktop Support II (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Goodrich Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros-Salary
-Benefits
-Coworkers
-Goodrich People Philosophy

One of the best places I have worked for in 10 years, the culture is great and something other companies should look into as it will increase employee retention. Management is always pushing you to do your best and exceed your goals, numerous opportunities are available from the get go, you just have to want it.

ConsUp until September/2011 (before the announcement of aquisition by UTC) there were aboslutely ZERO cons, sure you have the occasional Coworker that can get under your skin, but nothing serious. UTC outsources all of their IT Support to CSC, I do not have a comment on how that will go yet as it is still in the process, but from my experience I am sure that the benefits will go away as will most of the opportunities and general company environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job, just don't let the guys that used to be Goodrich and have now transferred to UTC fall between the cracks because of outsourcing politics; you will lose a good deal of intelligent people.

Good Opportunity

Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee)
Burnsville, MN

I worked at Goodrich Corporation as an intern for less than a year

ProsMet some good young people to learn from.

ConsGigantic company, ancient tools, old processes, remote office.

Good place overall. Lots of design work and challenges!

Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Chula Vista, CA

I have been working at Goodrich Corporation

Pros- Plenty of work for designers and stress engineers
- Interesting products
- nice people, good technical leadership at the lower levels

Cons- mediocre technical leadership at the management levels
- company is sort of cheap. they don't like to spend of basic things like cleaning and office supplies
- lots of wasteful non value added processes

Advice to Senior Managementretire

Good culture with lacking leadership at SBU level

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Goodrich Corporation

ProsJob Security, Relaxed work environment, Good People Philosophy, Comfortable Culture,

Conscheck-the-box leadership, departmental disorganization, unutiliaztion of personnel skills and experience levels, over-concentration on administative tasks instead of performance and development

Worked for Goodrich Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodrich Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodrich Corporation CEO Marshall O. Larsen. All 140 reviews posted anonymously by Goodrich Corporation employees.