Goodrich Corporation

Goodrich Corporation Reviews

Updated May 23, 2014

Goodrich Corporation Chairman, President, and CEO Marshall O. Larsen

Marshall O. Larsen

Pros
  • The company has a good work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• f/t emp have good benefits, profit sharing (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Highly demanding but still offers a good work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management is oblivious or gullible since they have cultivated the situation for decades (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

It was somewhat of a good temporary job.

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) Monroe, NC

ProsIt was close to my house. So on commuting time it was excellent.

ConsDid not receive any feedback from the supervisor. It was a temporary position. After working there for three months it would have been good to have received some feedback. It was only a three month assignment.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome feedback would have been nice. For temporary assignments, three months should be enough time to decide whether the candidate would be a good fit for the organization.

Goodrich Cargo Systems was a good company to work for.

Engineer (Former Employee) Jamestown, ND

ProsEngineering employees were very serious about following engineering processes. The employees had a professional attitude and mutual respect in the work place.

ConsGoodrich Cargo Systems is located in Jamestown, ND. If you're used to a larger city it can seem a little secluded.

A company that hasn't yet figured out how to execute

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Diamond Bar, CA

ProsInteresting products, good people, pretty good benefits.

ConsImmature processes, ineffective leadership, no vision for the future, just trying to meet monthly sales goals. Little to no opportunities for growth unless you are willing to relocate to undesirable locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a roadmap to show where the company is headed and how technological improvements will be integrated over time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent people make an excellent culture.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsSenior management, de centralized business facility management, emphasis on culture and lean practices.

ConsIt was acquired by a multi national corporation in mid 2012.

Great place to work starting out of college

Embedded Software Engineer (Former Employee) Burnsville, MN

Pros- Flexible schedule
    - People philosophy
    - Benefits (at least while still it was Goodrich)
    - Tuition reimbursement
    - Lots of career advancement opportunity
    - Great group of people
    - Appreciation lunches and recognition dinners
    - Product worked on, the smart probe was a great starting point in my career.
    - Learned a lot about the Aerospace industry and seems like the way to go for me
    - A lot of talented people
    - People willing to go above the call of duty to help out!!! (I miss them all already)

Cons- Schedules not realistic
    - A lot of late nights/weekends (expected)
    - Raises are mediocre
    - Office politics
    - Too much focus on things that need improvement vs. successful accomplishments throughout the year on performance review
    - Too much paperwork (not just here, everyone has to comply to FAA/EASA)

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome involved in all projects, not just the one's that are behind. One of the reasons I left was because I felt left out, and the work I was doing as not important. Become more aware of people's accomplishments along with things they can improve on. Kinda feel that the negative outshines the positive accomplishments.

Program management experience

Program Manager (Former Employee) Vergennes, VT

ProsSmart group of people. Great gym and good pay.

ConsWork load very hectic after merger with UTC. Indiscriminate layoff to justify higher share price purchase.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at life blance to inspire the workforce to perform for years not quarters.

It was a very good experience, the company overall seemed to support its employees.

Program Manager (Former Employee) Vergennes, VT

ProsThere were a lot of opportunities for professional growth.
    Fellow employees were friendly and willing to assist with questions or guidance.
    Benefits were good and competitive.

ConsAs with any large organization many in middle management positions seem to stay employed regardless of their effectiveness as a manager.
    Goodrich was purchased by United Technologies.
    UTC's initial layoffs seemed to be based on some calculation for cost cutting with little influence of how valuable and contributing of an employee is.
    Benefits are in process of being reduced.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee loyalty and commitment is a valuable commodity and creates a highly productive and efficient organization.

Goodrich was a great company to work for with many career opportunities

SAP Business Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat benefits. Great people. Great mission. Fascinating industry. Career growth opportunities. Impressive longevity of many Goodrich employees.

ConsThe acquisition by UTC changed many of the highly-regarded, long-standing Goodrich beliefs that originally attracted employees. Morale is down a bit due to the acquisition as employees are uncertain about the future. With any acquisition...things will settle in time.

A company managed by idiots and juveniles.

SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsDecent benefits.
    Great work location.
    Average pay salary.

ConsRacial inequality when it comes to promotions.
    Immature tactics by management.
    Terrible HR policies.
    Rules and policies are only applied to certain groups of people.
    Employees are advanced up the organizational chart by tenure and not by proving themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure departments are following policies and are fair.

Goodrich West Hartford

Procurement (Current Employee) West Hartford, CT

ProsGreat benefits, company shows sincere interest in employees. Unlimited sick days, gain share bonus, tons of perks like free shoes each year, free prescription safety glasses, wellness benefits.

ConsHigh turnover, poor management. Team leadership is weak, and minimal cross functional team work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more at the whole, not just the success of your team.

Worked for Goodrich Corporation? Contribute to the Community!