Goodrich Quality Theaters

3.2

Robert Emmett Goodrich

Staff memeber

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters

Pros

Good 1st job.
    Free movies
    Free popcorn

Cons

Random schedule
    Supports homosexual lifestyle
    Management doesn't care about your days you can't work

Better than most college/high school part time jobs

Former Employee - Box Office/Concessionist  in  Huntington, IN
    Former Employee - Box Office/Concessionist in Huntington, IN

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free movie and popcorn/drink combo a week, flexible scheduling, great managers. Almost every scheduling request is granted, super easy to pick up more hours.

Cons

Some people say they will switch shifts with you and then call out on the day they were supposed to work for you. Really annoying, but most everyone else is honest and reliable.

Change the Employee of the Month on a regular basis :) seriously enjoyed working with all the managers -- they always made every shift fun.

Upper management has failed us

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free movie and popcorn each week, easy job and can learn quickly, work with cool people

Cons

Bob Goodrich has NO idea what is going on in his theaters. He does not communicate, nor listen to his managers when they suggest something. He shuts them off immediately. The pay is extremely low, and even if you're in the company for 3+ years, you will barely be making a living wage. Area managers are mean and don't care about their staff members, just how the theater looks. Basically, all I've seen in this company is that the goal is to make Bob Goodrich money - which has been successful with his brand new BMW. PLEASE be aware of poor company decisions while he is running for congress!!! DO NOT put him in office!

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. WE are the workers in the theater, we are the ones who see the problems and hear the complaints from customers! Listen to us and make changes based on our suggestions, not suggestions you think about while sitting at corporate office, not having any idea what actually happens during a work day! Also, care about your employees, show appreciation towards them because nobody does, but without us, you do not have a business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was over all a great first job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oswego, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oswego, IL

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters part-time for more than a year

Pros

You meet some great customers while working there and you start to build relationships with them. You eventually can memorize the peoples orders and everything. Working for the theater for my first job really helped me to learn what responsibility is. The hours are very flexible and it is very easy to go to school and work. Like I said it was a great first job.

Cons

There is a lot of young kids that work there which means a ton of gossip and immaturity. I did end up picking up the slack of others quite often and I would end up working harder than some of the managers. If you are not a people person or can not handle mean or rude people this is not the job for you. Not every person is rude but there are a lot that are including the employees

Do not bring your problems from home to work. If you are not having a good day don't take it out on your employees. And get more connected with your employees.

It's a job

Former Employee - Cleaner  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Cleaner in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters part-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked good with my schedule, a lot of flexibility in scheduling, a lot of freedom given in day to day tasks.

Cons

Bad corporate culture, everyone for themselves mentality, do whatever it takes to help yourself out before the company or fellow employees.

Actually focus on whats best for the employees and turnover will be a lot lower.

fair company

Former Employee - Shift Manager  in  Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Columbia, MO

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice perks: free movies. There is a set schedule of raises based on merit and experience.

Cons

Most of the work is nights and weekends so its a non-traditional schedule

Entry Level position

Former Employee - Concessionist  in  Portage, IN
    Former Employee - Concessionist in Portage, IN

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good entry level position for a first job. Very easy schedule and can balance with school or another job.

Cons

Low pay and very difficult to become a manager

Keep it up

A good place to work if you are young and unambitious

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Huntington, IN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Huntington, IN

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When you leave for college, you can always come back and work over your school breaks. Performance review with a formulated raise every 90 days. Never had to work on a day I requested off. Works around your schedule.

Cons

Too many managers to get familiar with. Very few shifts, but they are long. Managers pick favorites and determine who will get promotions and raises through their favorites.

None. They did their jobs.

Good first job while in school, but don't stay too long

Current Employee - Shift Manager
    Current Employee - Shift Manager

I have been working at Goodrich Quality Theaters part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Work mostly nights and weekends so it's great if you are a high school or college student
    -Easy work that introduces you to working as an individual and as part of a team
    -Friendly coworkers and it's easy to get time off

Cons

-Upper management is extremely out of touch with how things run at the theater level
    -It's very hard to open a solid line of communication with upper management/corporate office. They tend to be rude and act as if you are wasting their time when you ask questions or ask for help.

Don't make changes to policies and procedures just because it is convenient for you at home office. Consider decisions from the theater's point of view. Listen closely to the Area Managers because they really do know what is going on at the theater level.

Fun place to work, but horrible upper management

Former Employee - Shift Manager  in  Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters

Pros

fun environment, young interesting employees, openness to diversity, relatively easy work load with down time to relax, some benefits such as one free movie a week which has decreased in recent years

Cons

the upper management of the company has been around for a long time and doesn't seem to have the ability to compete with other theater chains, bad management can be seen just by going into the theater and looking at the new signs they make which are poorly designed

need to involve more intelligent and creative minds instead of promoting for political reasons, need more innovation in order to compete other companies

Worked for Goodrich Quality Theaters? Contribute to the Community!