Goodrich Reviews

Updated October 13, 2014
3.4

Goodrich Chairman, President, and CEO Marshall O. Larsen
Marshall O. Larsen

Pros
  • The company has a good work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• f/t emp have good benefits, profit sharing (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Highly demanding but still offers a good work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Decentralized business units - different management (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Pretty good until UTC took over

Current Employee - Finance in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Finance in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Goodrich full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits and people

Cons

Way too much non value added pressures flow down from the top. Many fire drills keep employees from actually getting any meaningful work done. Micromanaged from the very top and to the nth degree. It has become so absolutely ridiculous, and the stress is not sustainable!
    Plus, when someone leaves, they will not replace them, so the rest of us salaried people get to donate more of our time.

Get a clue. You're employees are miserable! Try implementing ROWE. Try trusting the people you pay to get the work done and get out of their hair.

Career and Salary Black Hole

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer II in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer II in Burnsville, MN

I worked at Goodrich full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Really easy to just fit in and coast. Do an average to slightly below average job and you'll never get fired or reprimanded and still collect your salary.

Cons

Even as a top performer, my responsibilities and day-to-day tasks never changed from the day I started, and I was there longer than 5 years. My career never progressed, and I'm pretty sure I became a worse engineer. As you can imagine, I became incredibly good and efficient at the things I did every single day for 5+ years; however, my salary never changed. Over those 5+ years, salary increased a total of 3.5%.

Advice to management: There are too many of you. 3/4 of the company are managers. Managers to manage managers and managers above them. You're so top heavy, it's not surprising all of your programs fail to meet schedule and budget. There's no one left to perform any actual work.

A Great Place To Be From

I worked at Goodrich full-time

Pros

I can't think of any, except that the management was beginning to change for the better when I left.

Cons

Bait-and switch hiring tactics appeared to be common, and the company was more than willing to overload the employee with so much work that long hours were necessary to keep up. In addition, training was on a "sink or swim" basis, which set up employees for failure. Abusive co-workers were tolerated and were defended by H.R. and the management staff.

Appropriately staff your business with employees who are properly trained and know what they're getting into, prior to making the job offfer to them.

Goodbye Goodrich Hello UTC Aerospace systems

Former Employee - Unemployed in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Unemployed in Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Goodrich full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Goodrich were one of the good guys in industry, staff valued, customers valued an overall highly ethical well structured company. Communication between management and staff was always a high priority a good balance of respect was given both ways. From the factory floor to the offices above, all opinions, input and knowledge was valuable regardless how high up the chain you were. Very disappointing to see a company and its values and work ethics be diminished under UTAS.

Cons

Now owned by UTAS

-No communication
    -No structure in departments
    -No staff value
    -No job security
    -No recruitment in areas under strain
    -No Career opportunity's

cut backs cut back cut backs i fear the UK are in for more to be added to the unemployed statistics.

If there is more than one person who can do your job be prepared to get the possible tap on the shoulder that your up for redundancy.

Sexist and old-school

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Danbury, CT

I worked at Goodrich full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

"unlimited" personal & sick days - company policy to "assume the best." There are very intelligent, hardworking people here, but not all are like that. Things can get hectic, but there is a very healthy work-life balance.

Cons

"Boys Club" mentality - if you don't suck up to management and play along with their games, they will make your life miserable and eventually try to push you out. Goodrich is very sexist - women are not paid nearly what the men are paid. Most of the men in my department were pigs and treated women like they were nothing but pieces of meat - checking them out, looking them up and down, making crude comments to each other, etc. The only way to get promoted is to buddy up with people who are deemed "important." The workloads were also unfairly distributed. People would just outright not do their work, and management would do nothing about it. The work was just given to people who actually worked hard and would do their job - and these are the same people that were underpaid and not recognized for their hard work. Very unethical & illegal things would go on and were repeatedly reported to HR, but nothing was ever done. Many employees were actively looking for a job, and I don't blame them - I got out as soon as I could! Since Goodrich was just acquired by UTC, everything is up in the air.

Get rid of the current leadership team - NEVER promote people from within to management positions! Reward the hard workers, not people who slack off and go out golfing and drinking with the managers every other day. HR - LISTEN to your employees complaints/concerns - they are very real and makes coming into work very difficult when nothing is done.

So disappointed!!!

Former Employee - Mechanic in Foley, AL
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Foley, AL

I worked at Goodrich full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They offer benefits from day 1, although not sure if that will change after the acquisition with UTC.

Cons

Worked for the company for over 5.5 years, not given a chance to move up after several attempts to. Let go with no warning after hearing rumors they were getting rid of topped out employees with the merger coming. Now they are fighting my unemployment after all the human resource individuals said they would not, guess once they don't have to look at you they'll say anything. Appealed my removal, and after two hours they called back and said they couldn't do anything. Well in two hours you didn't even think about it. Was given awards for my service and yet was let go because of poor performance that has not been logged anywhere. They had me training other employees up until the last couple of weeks I was there. They set the clock to my time on several different areas.

Listen to the little people in your company. Many people are there because of family members and connections not for job performance. The bottom line can be accomplished by good hard working people, not just low inexperienced people which is what they seem to be looking for now.

Not for the experienced professional

I have been working at Goodrich

Pros

Good benefits, decent salary, time off

Cons

Poor structure and direction from management

Benchmark Worldclass orgs

Warning: Do not work for Goodrich Aerostructures

I worked at Goodrich

Pros

Good salary package, health benefits, great co workers, cheap canteen food and drinks.
    Period. I cant think of any other things

Cons

Some management employees are the 'protected' species. and when they are put to the test and fail to deliver time and again, and bust the department budget with useless ideas, somehow they still remain in their job. This causes tons of stress to the employees trying to cover the reporting officer's mistakes.

Listen closely to your employees with all your heart and stop preaching on the people philosophy unless you really mean it. Stop hiring useless managers who love to call the shots but only put their own interest before others.

Bad division of Goodrich

I have been working at Goodrich

Pros

The pay is very good

Cons

Mid managers are incompetent and do not promote the corporate vision. Upper management is oblivious or gullible since they have cultivated the situation for decades.

Cut the layers and layers of management that create petty bickering and thwart all attempts of teamwork

Probably the worst company that I have ever worked for. They definitely do not care about their employees.

Current Employee - Business Analyst II
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II

I have been working at Goodrich full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best part about is traveling to other locations and getting to see different parts of the world.

Cons

Salary, micromanaging, and the corporate culture is just awful. Feel like a number here and not a person.

Goodrich Photos

Goodrich Engine Components
Goodrich Aerospace Sercives Pvt. Lmt.
GR