Goodwill

Goodwill Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Goodwill President and CEO Jim Gibbons

Jim Gibbons

Pros
  • Goodwill is awesome helping people in the community with disablities by offering them work (in 23 reviews)

• Easy to work around schedule providing good work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Salaries for upper management very high while team member are paid and poorly (in 32 reviews)

• Minimum wage is what most people will make here, but it will help you rack up experience (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Professional

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsRewarding company to work for.

ConsVery physical work but worth the outcome

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage creativity

Very friendly atmosphere, able to answer my questions quickly, nice things, they have everything.

A Runner, (Current Employee) Henrico, VA

Prosyou get good discounts, and is good retail environment for beginners,

ConsThe people that you work with are obviously having a hard time getting a job as well that's a personal experience you can share, coming up with new ideas, and working at Goodwill has many positions if they don't have what you are looking for.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have been volunteering here for some time and the people that I work with are great, if I wont in the tie program I wish that I could get employment from them. You also meet good people that come thru the door to shop, since I have been at Goodwill I recommend anybody that's interested in that kind of work to apply and they will stand by your side the hole way and train you.

Awesome opportunity to work for excellent companies.

Medical Transportation Representative (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsExposure to great companies and to enhance skills.

ConsShort term contracts, no benefits

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, great people to work with and very rewarding!

Case Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsLaid back, relaxed dress code, freedom to be creative with your job.

ConsWatching our state taxes go to the wrong people and being able to brush aside your morals to understand others.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish we had more holidays, tuition assistance and better pay.

great

Budget (Current Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsGreat environment to work at.

ConsCould be hard at times

Great people great service

Employment Specialist (Former Employee)

Prosthe people and the service

Consnone, been good everything is trill

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

It's good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was refer by an agent

Consit's good to start your career..

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGIUMSC is a great company to work for. I worked in management in a retail store. The corporate level has a huge presence in all of the stores. The CEO will personally speak to every employee during his visits and genuinely seems to care about their well being. The work is hard but rewarding. The money made in the retail locations goes towards the company mission to put people back to work. Excellent benefits package. Monthly bonus incentives at all employee levels.

ConsProduction goals were difficult to meet. High employee turnover. Very very strict attendance policy with little to no leeway. Low rate of pay with high expectations of work. Quantity of donations could get overwhelming since space was limited. Didn't always have the necessary supplies to function. Customers were often rude and difficult. Regular customers have a "we run the place" mentality.

I love it. some lazy workers

Cashier (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsPretty good starting pay, plenty of opportunities.

ConsManagement doesnt seem to care if one worker does all the work as long as it gets done. Cashiers are underappreciated and underpaid for the amount of work that is done

Advice to Senior Managementdo more for cashiers, improve promotion policy, allow people to enter management at the store they started at.

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsEasy work, simple task to do, some customers are really nice

ConsDirty environment, boring, little room for growth. Some of the supervisors can be a bit bossy, the female supervisor I work with get upset with customers easily and she always try to win over the customer in argument

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less bossy

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!