Goodwin House Reviews

2.6

CEO

nurse

I worked at Goodwin House

Pros

Happy residents, clean environment, lots of activities, hardworking healthcare staff

Cons

Dishonest management, policies either don't exist or aren't followed.

They did give me a lot of experience, and the facilities are beautiful. The staff works very hard to make residents happy, and the maintenance people are superb. However, the management is very dishonest. For example, they had a lot of paperwork for nurses, but swore it was all state or federal requirement. When I found out some of it wasn't, I tried to get it dropped, but they refused, even though it meant double or triple charting things. Also, most policies aren't written down, or if they are, they aren't followed, so they will throw you under the bus and cite 1) a policy you didn't know about, 2) a policy they are just now creating because nothing is written down, or 3) a policy that is not actually followed, the management actually tells you not to follow (and they will deny that) or that wasn't humanly possible to follow. If management changes, they have a great facility in place.

worst place ever

Former Employee - Dining Server  in  Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Dining Server in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Goodwin House part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get paid time off if you work for the company for a long enough period of time. Some of the residents are also nice.

Cons

no work life balance, low wage, not a lot of hours, disrespect from management.

listen to your employees

Worked for Goodwin House? Contribute to the Community!