Goodyear Engineered Products

www.goodyearep.com

Goodyear Engineered Products Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Goodyear Engineered Products – US – “Bad”

Goodyear Engineered Products – US – “Bad”

John Hamilton

Well run, old school company

Hyperion Administrator (Current Employee) Akron, OH

ProsStable, good pay and benefits. Many opportunities for advancement

ConsFinance culture can be difficult with respect to work/life balance.

Stressful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe team members on the floor were one of the few pros at the Porterdale plant, we received paid breaks.

ConsWhere can I start? We were on a 7 day, 3 shift schedule for the past 3 years, family life is non existent, HR is a COMPLETE joke, as they put policies in place that make them look good in the eyes of corporate. Without any concern for the effect it had on the floor team members. Our main HR was over 2 plants and rarely showed her face at our plant while she had 2 HR specialist or generalist or something to that nature helping her that were absolutely lost concerning employees on the floor, one of them always had to get back with you if you had an issue while the other one was always trying to get employees to snitch on one another, it was a learning experience working there, you were expected to make a 1st quality product out of materials that were seconds when they came in the door and if it was brought to managements attention their response would be just get it done. Low pay, low morale, no family time, management that doesn't care., during my 5 years there we never even had a company picnic, not worth it to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the entire front office and start new with management that cares about the team and not just about the numbers.

VTI

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Akron, OH

ProsGreat management team, talented engineers

Consineffective HR function in the company, outsourced services, no passion for employees evident

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in world class HR leadership

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Underutilization of my experience

Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) Sun Prairie, WI

ProsGood work/life balance
    Smaller facility in comparison to other Veyance plants
    Engaged management workforce
    Very good relationship with union/hourly workforce

ConsNot a warm cozy feeling with management team
    Way too much interference from the corporate office
    Expand the salaried wage ranges so they are competitive with other companies in each geographical area.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the plants to run autonomously
    Instead of only concentrating on the dollars as part of an equity investment company, spend time on issues with the people

Veyance Technologies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fairlawn, OH

ProsA generally good corporate culture

ConsStill has a lack of standardization when it comes to SAP and reporting

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit being so corporate and recognize the human factor.

Don't do it!

General Manager (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

Pros125 year history in the rubber industry.

ConsPE backing company paid 50% over a fair market value.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee reality for what it is and act accordingly.

Goodyear Engineered Products

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) Fairlawn, OH

ProsOpportunities for personal/professional growth, travel opportunities, work remote from home

ConsFinancially focused/managed - owned by The Carlyle Group

Advice to Senior ManagementSpent time engaging Field Sales in day-to-day corporate decisions/activities

Heartbreaking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork-Life Balance, but only in the department I worked in.

ConsOffshoring jobs. Low pay. Offshoring.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop shipping jobs oversees

My experience with this company was mostly satisfying until I realized there wouldn't be future opportunities for me.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLocal leadership at plant manufacturing level communicated well with employees and kept them informed of current business conditions on a daily basis. The facility does a good job of prioritizing orders and works hard to maintain customer satisfaction. Their business was relatively strong in 2009 and grew incrementally in 2010 to be the strongest year in that plant's history.

ConsLocal leadership at the facility level was great, however corporate group did not value plant experience, resulting in a complete lack of development, growth, or promotional opportunities within the company. The company downsized staff departments but did not streamline the work flow or processes leading to overworked and frazzled employees at the local level while corporate staffing was being increased, but was not competent in handling day to day issues for the facilities and did not respond to facilities needs in a timely manner.

Worked for Goodyear Engineered Products? Contribute to the Community!