Google

4.2 2,311 reviews

Google Co-Founder & CEO Larry Page

Larry Page

(1,232 ratings)

Pros
  • Great work-life balance with adequate opportunity for career development(in 103 reviews)

• Free food, amazing people, amazing vision - almost everything about this company is a pro(in 218 reviews)

Cons
  • This is one reason why maintaining a good work-life balance can be challenging(in 98 reviews)

• Google is no different than any other big company and they are starting to realize it(in 70 reviews)

2,311 Employee Reviews

Great people

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsTons of very smart people to work with. Lots of things to learn. Great for your resume.

ConsPeer pressure. You need to prove yourself all the time.

Google Tokyo

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

ProsSmart people everywhere.
    Work in Tokyo, but without the bureaucracy of a typical Japanese company (no timecards! no fax machines!).
    Salary very high for a Tokyo-based job.
    Work at a Google, but without all the commuting of the main HQ.
    Make things people actually use.

ConsSmart people everywhere.
    Getting overcrowded. Perks, kitchens are worse than in other Googles.
    Office essentially segregates the engineers from the non-engineers (different floors), gives it a weird feeling.
    Harder to get promoted higher than senior in a non-MTV office.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand your international offices, they're a competitive advantage against the other silicon valley giants.

The best employer I've ever had

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsEveryone without exception is very good at their job. The work is interesting and varied, the perks and compensation are great, and there's very little of the normal corporate BS that tends to distract people from their job at other companies.

ConsBecause the bar is so high and the pool is so talented, it seems that sometimes people would would excel at other companies have a hard time keeping up here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management doesn't always do exactly what I would want them to do at first, but one nice thing about Google is that everyone throughout the company is given a voice, and often decisions can be affected or overridden by the will of the masses, usually for the better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Still good pay, still a good place to work

ProsPay
    Work
    People

That pretty much covers it. And here are a few more words so that glassdoor will let me submit.

ConsNot quite as exciting as some other companies. Food isn't as good as it used to be. You might be exposed to the tiniest bit of politics if you make it high enough. Nothing but first world problems.

Huge but incredible

ProsDespite it's size, Google continues to innovate, treat it's employees well, and have tough problems to solve. You can't go wrong by getting a job here. There are so many teams that if you don't find the perfect fit at first, just keep looking (which is easy!) and you'll probably find something to enjoy.

ConsYou won't work at the speed of a startup, even if you join a small team.

I love GOOGLE!

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsEverything! I only worked here for some time but I found that the employees were great and I really liked my boss :) :) :)

ConsNone :) The culture was decent and the pay was great. I really liked this company and I am trying to work for them again it was awesome.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Sr SEM Analyst

Senior SEM Analyst (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsFood, snacks, pool table, ping pong, plenty of fun time.

ConsContract position, less chance of growth and development. Setting apart as Googler it is very good environment.

Awesome company to work for

Strategic Partner Development Lead (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Prossalary, stocks, work life balance, management, peers, it is a dream to work here everyday!

ConsPromotions are very hard to get

softare engineer

Prossalary si good, and you can catch up with latest tech.

Conswork longer time than normal company

Nowhere like it... but you have to walk on water to climb beyond Snr. Manager.

Senior Manager, Performance Marketing (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEmbraces innovation. Singularly focused on the end user. Go big or go home.

ConsInflux of consulting arrogance at the senior levels. Competitive.

Regional offices are not quite like Mountain View.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart promoting your superstars vs. flying in people at the top.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!