Google

4.2 2,306 reviews

Google Co-Founder & CEO Larry Page

Larry Page

(1,229 ratings)

Pros
  • Great work-life balance with adequate opportunity for career development(in 103 reviews)

• Free food, amazing people, amazing vision - almost everything about this company is a pro(in 218 reviews)

Cons
  • This is one reason why maintaining a good work-life balance can be challenging(in 98 reviews)

• Google is no different than any other big company and they are starting to realize it(in 70 reviews)

2,306 Employee Reviews

Freedom within the company and lots of things to do & learn.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsI work w/ a diverse set of people. You have have great people within the company w/o a lot of micromanagement. You have the freedom to do a job w/o contantly being checked on.

ConsGoogle can be a bit overwhelming w/ the volume of things that you have to learn. It can also be chaotic because you do have freedom but so much is always going on at the same time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Work with smart people who are willing to share information.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsPeople are willing to share knowledge which is not the norm in this industry. This is the first place I have worked where the people are great about that. Also, I get to work on cool projects that no one else in the world works on.

ConsA company like this requires a lot of long hours, so the work and life balance is often hard to come by.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone...but management does solicite advice and they do give feedback so we know they listen.

One of the best jobs of my life because I work with such great people.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsTo repeat what I wrote before, the people I work for and work with here are very smart and confident people.

ConsSometimes being that it is such a big company it is sometimes hard to be heard when you need to voice concerns or comments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working for Google has been exciting over the last few years but is growing less so over time.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThe name recognition that goes along w/ the job and the quality of the engineers is good. It is a relatively flat organization and you can set your own job direction.

ConsIt is very difficult to know where management is headed. Over all there is more bureaucracy than there used to be. Not as nimble as I would like

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should consider breaking people down into smaller groups in order to be completely free to do their job.

Dynamic place to work due to diverse cultures.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThe variety of different projects and the speed of completion. I am truly very satisfied - pleased there is an endless list of pros.

ConsSometimes people need to realize when we work with other companies they may not work at the same speed as Google. So their expectations are often skewed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up good work!

Very laid-back and flexible environment. Challenging at times.

Software Engineer In Test (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsAs you've probably heard, Google has great benefits (insurance) and flexible hours. If you want to, you can work from home.

ConsOne thing that is a negative aspect for me here is that sometimes my job at Google can be repetitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Very open communication compared to other employers, self-directed, company empowers people.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat insurance benefits, free food, equipment is available whenever you want it to be, and there is always whatever you need (monitor, etc.)

ConsThe company is growing fast and it is easy to imagine that there will possibly be some growing pains in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Google is such a great place to work.

Account Executive (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsPerks and incentives are a major plus. I work with a lot of smart people and the people are the best part.

ConsNo cons to share at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Working for Google there is always a massive amount of opportunity to learn.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsWe are at the forefront of new technology and so we are working with very high tech professionals every day.

ConsNo cons at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

It is exciting and rewarding job.

Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat people to work with here, as well as an enjoyable work environment. I love to come to work every day!

ConsNo cons at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are doing a fabulous job, have no feedback.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!