Gordon Document Products

Updated July 15, 2014
Updated July 15, 2014

3.8

John Gordon

My experience at GDP has been a very positive one.

Current Employee - Sales Representative/AE  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative/AE in Atlanta, GA

Pros

As a relative newcomer to outside sales, I found the management team to be extremely supportive and patient.

Training is top-notch. I’ve had the opportunity to attend week-long, hands-on training at manufacturers’ facilities.

The company has invested in customized selling programs from top industry consultants.

It is a positive work environment. In the increasing world of cubicles and workstations, all Sales Reps/Account Executives have their own offices.

The breakroom is fully-stocked on an honor system. I think that speaks to the integrity that runs through the company.

The owner is extremely committed to the community through various non-profit entities as well as contributions to many of our non-profit customer-partners.

The service team is second to none in Atlanta. Our Service Manager has 30+ years of industry experience and never hesitates to roll up his sleeves to help.

With over a quarter-million dollars in existing inventory combined with a lucrative compensation plan, GDP is a great place to work.

Cons

However, GDP is not for everyone. Management rewards those who are self-motivated.

Those who succeed understand the expectations. You’re truly your own boss.

Continue to hire top-tier talent. If you are intelligent, poised and a hard-worker, GDP provides all the tools for you to succeed. The rest is up to you!

Do not work here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Pros

Ability to earn uncapped commission. Very little experience needed to get hired.

Cons

The owner trust no one. He constantly meddles and does not even understand his own product. He is constantly running off good people with his varied mood swings. There is no room for work-life balance.

Hire someone to run the business and let the owner be hands off

I have had a great experience. I have learned a lot and everyone is very helpful and nice.

Pros

I like the location. it is very easy to get to and park.

I like the fact that it is a small family company.

Cons

we work really hard.
    We always have a lot to do.
    Everyone is really busy.

Have a few more fun things for employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have worked for Gordon for almost 2 years.

Current Employee - Jedi
    Current Employee - Jedi

Pros

The ideas I have for company advancement are always heard. The hours are consistent and compensation is as well. The employes are all very kind and very helpful. The company environment is very happy, with fun company activities.

Cons

Need more dedicated sales staff.

Hire more dedicated sales staff.

False claims in some other reviews

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Marietta, GA

Pros

The other sales reps and some of the technicians were always willing to help when you asked for it.

Cons

The compensation was not as advertised, the territories weren't evenly divided to focus on the concentration of potential customers. The office culture was fun at one point, but incentives began to dwindle and morale began to drop quickly. I question the authenticity of some of the other reviews on this site.

Hire the right people in middle management and let them manage their own teams. Too much involvement from the company president, who didn't always know as much as he thinks.

I love working for this company...they treat me great - income, advancement, training!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

We work hard. We start every day at 8am - many people arrive earlier. In exchange we learn a tremendous amount about products, selling and business in general. There is an expectation that people will produce and I like being driven to be my best. The income potential is awesome. I will approach 6 figures this year after just 2 years in the position.

Cons

The competition is significant and prospects can be challenging; but, I am an athlete, so i love to compete and win!

Keep expanding the sales department as youve been doing. Its fun and exciting to have the energy of a good group around you.

Friendly co-workers, good products, good service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good service, ability to make pretty good money

Cons

Too often employees are micromanaged

Allow employees to do their jobs without constantly looking over their shoulder

A great company with great opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Pros

This company has been around for a while, but is still providing great growth opportunities to its employees. The team here is really pleasant to work with, and most everybody is helpful when it comes to getting questions answered or support on a project.

Cons

The expectations of performance are really fair and clear, but some people may read this to be a difficult aspect of the job. There is a good sense of follow up on your job performance and a fair amount of accountability.

Keep growing the company and expanding positions. A little more leadership support in key areas will alleviate some stress across the organization.

First Job

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Marietta, GA

Pros

Easy going atomoshphere and friendly collegeues

Cons

Little guidence once you are employed, pretty much on your own

Hire a sales manager who know product knowledge

Great growth potential

Pros

Excellent company to begin and succeed in your sales career to grow and advance as a business professional.

Cons

Need a bit more leadership

Worked for Gordon Document Products? Contribute to the Community!