Gordon Trucking

Updated December 8, 2014
Updated December 8, 2014
2.7

Larry Gordon

good company to work for

I have been working at Gordon Trucking

Pros

learning experience and the shop is clean

Cons

poor management never take advice and favoritism is really bad

need to learn to work with people in shop and have less people in the office not have five people in office and two people working on the floor

Good Company

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Pacific, WA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Pacific, WA

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (less than an year)

Pros

On the move, few time I've sat not company's fault.

Cons

Sometimes weekend & night shift frustrating

lots of work

Former Employee - Local Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Local Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than an year)

Pros

With Heartland takeover the avilible places/ terminals have improved. Lots of different job types with plenty of home time

Cons

the benefits, pay was low for area

Fair treatment of employees.

Current Employee - Mechanic in Pacific, WA
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Pacific, WA

I have been working at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company, few layoffs in history.

Cons

No raises, employees leaving to find higher pay elsewhere

Get out of heavy hauling or update heavy haul trailers.

Great Company to work for.

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for Gordon now for 13 years as OTR Driver. I've been Trucking for 29 years and Gordon Trucking has treated me right from the beginning. It's why I've been here so long. Although we have merged with Heartland Express, the company hasn't changed yet.

Cons

The pay may not be as high as other job markets and pay raises are long overdue. They (Gordon) need to update their pay scale to reflect the cost of living

Horrible Company - Lets see if Glassdoor don't remove this review.. AGAIN.

Former Employee - Diesel Tech in Pontoon Beach, IL
    Former Employee - Diesel Tech in Pontoon Beach, IL

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will have a job with insurance. Don't have a time limit to fix anything. Umm uniforms. Some training for the first two weeks your there.

Cons

Where do I start.... This Company is totally ANTI-UNION. Pontoon Shop 12 tried to become union for LOTS of reasons and the company threatened everyone's jobs, broke labor laws left and right, I agree with a LOT of reviews here.. they don't properly train their employees.. there will be Tech's that are NOT federally Allowed to work on brakes are allowed to work on the brakes. The Company Will change Tech's Comments on the computer, Another federal Violation (tampering with maintenance records). Upper Management takes Shop GM power and Micro Manage which causes all kinds of problems. You would think thy would allow managers to do the job they hired for. Once you get on someones list you are targeted to be terminated. They will make u what ever they can. one employee was accused of sexual harassment and when that didn't fly they accused him of drug use and refused to allow him to get tested.. they put him on 3 days paid suspension and only brought him back because he went and had his on test done. and the final one he fighting now is termination for no reason. Once he started to fight this they NOW say for false maintenance records. Management lies to employees. one day its this and the next its something else. NO RAISES. Underpaid Tech's. why work for $14 a hour being a Master ASE Cert.. NO Growth for Tech's at all..

Stop being a Mr. Fix it and liying to everyone.. when you say something stick to it..

No Room for Growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacific, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacific, WA

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent hours, friendly co-workers, regularly company catered/sponsored meals & events. Company gives a lot to charity causes.

Cons

Zero training once past the first two weeks of employment. I worked there for over two years and still did not fully understand the operating system I used to do my job. Micro-management to the nth degree. Impossible to work with a manager who literally looks over your shoulder every ten minutes because he didn't take the time to train you properly in the first place. Health Insurance benefits were outrageously priced & had a $700.00 annual deductible that needed to be met before they would cover ANYTHING. Interdepartmental communication is non-existent unless it's to criticize or lay blame. I found no opportunity to grow professionally, despite the assurance at time of hire that I would learn about the other facets of the industry beyond my actual position.

Weed out the "leaders" who are there simply because they have put it more time with the company. Stop requiring a college degree for various positions when there is no education needed beyond basic PC & phone etiquette to successfully perform the job.

It was an okay experience but senior leadership was too involved in the day to day work.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, opportunities if you're willing to move however limited if you are at a terminal. The company is financially well managed so jobs are secure. Hard working drivers.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities for associates at terminals. Senior management would accept freight even though planners said they couldn't move it leaving CSRs holding the bag for failures.

Let the people do their jobs as they were hired to do. Don't over commit to customers unless you have a preplanned solution. Expand beyond dry van freight.

Gordon Trucking Inc ,

Former Employee - TRUCK DRIVER LOACAL in Lathrop, CA
    Former Employee - TRUCK DRIVER LOACAL in Lathrop, CA

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Trucks, Clean area to work in , good size Yard to park trailers and trucks , good people to work with most of the time ,

Cons

local Driver jobs at Gordon are under paid and over worked , they said 12 hours a day 6 days a week but once you get to the yard and get your truck keys and find your truck for the day and get it pt sign onto your Qualecom and wait for your load to Arrive ,, once it dose and you Except it ,, THIS IS when your hours of pay start , ENOUGH SAID .

PAY THE DRIVERS FROM A START TIME TO A FINISH TIME ! ! ENOUGH SAID ,.,,

Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service in Pacific, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Pacific, WA

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some people have been with the company a long time.

Cons

The people that have been with the company 10 plus year or more have never really had any other management jobs. They are promoted to management and just stay in the positions for so long. They do not have any continuing education for management on how to better manage people. Gordon still uses the model of being there a long means your will be management!! Managers/supervisors really do not know how to deal with issues from employees. In the customer service building there was a lady that I been there 10 plus years and had so many blow outs with others employees They still kept her, never fire her. Sent a terrible message to employees.

Get more current training. Don't just keep people because they have been there for awhile. And dont allow your driver managers to talk so horrible to driver, no matter the reason! Learn how to take great employees and train them for next level, sooner than later. The training program is terrible!

Gordon Trucking Photos