Gordon Trucking

Be careful

Former Employee - Driver Manager in Pacific, WA
    Former Employee - Driver Manager in Pacific, WA

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very active management. Upper management does not consider the values or opinions of their drivers or their DM's. Bottom-line management at its best.

Cons

The activity is mostly finger-pointing. If there is a problem, they finger the driver first, their DM 2nd, and upper management lives on a cloud, far above reproach. Once they mark you, they will search for reasons to terminate. Super long hours for the entry level DM's, and way too many trucks to manage, making them frustrated and not focused on you the driver.

Truck driver

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Pacific, WA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Pacific, WA

I have been working at Gordon Trucking full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing at all with Gordon.
    I was with Swift co before Gordon. The DMs are totally different. If you need a shop at Gordon, you need to sacrifice your self; not easy. The trucks are old enough, specially Heavy-Haul trucks. No Qualcomm Navigations,. Lot of Macros.
    DMs do not know their job, not all of them, but most of them are nothing.
    I don't recommend to anyone to Gordon.
    When I was with Swift, I didn't realize that it's best trucking industry. But now I can assure that. Swift is best and I'll work on to go back there with newer 2013 - 2014 Cascedia Freightliner.

Cons

There's no reason to recommend the hard workers truck drivers here Gordon

Let managements review what level they are in the trucking industry, and improve the company.

Excellent team driving support. Kept us moving. When I went to solo, had a rotten DM.

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Netted over $900 a week per driver team. Great DM.

Cons

Solo DM was rotten. Didn't get me home for scheduled time for mother's surgery and the day prior, tried to send me three states away. I insisted on going home, then they demanded I come back right away.

When a driver has an emergency or scheduled time off like I did, make sure to get them home for family health issues and emergencies.

Still the worst trucking company I ever drove with.

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pretty blue trucks. Pay on time.

Cons

Hounded on the qualcom when you stop for a break. Don't trust you when you tell them you have a clutch problem. Broke down near Yreka, CA and they had to bring out a new truck from Medford and tow the broken one. Would have save them a lot of money if they let me go to the shop in Fontana. Turned down one load in two years they made me take urinalysis. I drove with CRST Dedicated after Gordon on a dedicated run from San Francisco to Jersey. The only time I heard from my driver manager was when I picked up the load going, and when I picked up the load coming back. I could fuel up wherever I wanted. to.

Not worth it.

They act like they care

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no pros for this company

Cons

To many to name, They make it impossible to make any real money there.

Not the worst company I have worked for.

Current Employee - OTR Driver
    Current Employee - OTR Driver

I have been working at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Home time, Dispatch, you don't sit much, newer equipment, newer terminals are nice, lanes are fairly consistent, apu units in trucks.

Cons

There is a lot of miss communication between orientation and what things are like. High driver turnover rate. Not enough trailers for loads.

Maybe you should have your dispatchers go out with some drivers, so they can see that the computers are not always correct.

Definately not user friendly!

Former Employee - Driver Regional in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Driver Regional in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Newer equipment, knowledgeable & friendly orientation personnel.

Cons

1. Qualcomm is not set up to use the Navigo navigation system, it is completely turned off. Drivers must rely on directions given by dispatch which in my short time at this place were incorrect in several instances causing me to have to turn around more than ten times on just 2 loads. How can directions get you to a place if they leave out information on where to turn upon exiting the highway? 2. When you say home on weekends it should mean home on weekends not home on weekends before orientation and then different after the driver is hired on. 3. Get rid of that noise making system that is supposed to alert drivers if they are drifting out of their lane, I was trained that sometimes you need to move over to the right to give passers by on the left a little more room. That thing just makes you end up with a headache after driving all day. 4.No refrigerators in their trucks, what a damned shame!

You have the MCP200 in your trucks and do not use the Navigo system. If you don't fix this you don't deserve to be in the trucking business. Get refrigerators in your trucks. When you say home on weekends stick to that, stop letting your people lie to drivers! You make drivers rely on directions from dispatch, if those directions are continually wrong fire that dispatcher! If you fix this crap a driver might be willing to stay more than 2 damned days!!!!!!!!!

Excellent interaction with coworkers and middle management

Former Employee - Support Shift Dispatch in Pacific, WA
    Former Employee - Support Shift Dispatch in Pacific, WA

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere, plenty of oppertunities for improvement of work output

Cons

High stress environment and conflict resolution with employees

more interaction with office staff including up to date reviews and improvement plans

Best company I worked with over 22 year career.

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Pacific, WA
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Pacific, WA

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Newer equipment, well maintained. Hometime was always ontime. Lots of dedicated positions available.

Cons

Like most large companies, going to shop can be a pain. To get paid for shop time often required taking a loaner truck.

Streamline shop experience. Honestly, this is the one area got most complaints from other drivers I conversed with. This is your biggest liability.

Way to big to play using the good ol' boy system.

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Gordon Trucking full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Investing in equipment and expansion , growing , socially responsible

Cons

Too many cliques and " untouchables" . Company promotes by who you know not what you know . Very frustrating as a new employee or even an employee with a few years experiance to see a large company ran by Small groups and buddies like this. The tenured folks can be very rude and threating to other employees. There is almost no training. once your in a position thats it maybe if your good you can strive to learn more on your own and make a few friends who are willing to help you and maybe they'll offer you a " latteral move" which is more work , more stress and basically the same pay .

All focus is put on driving associates and none on regular employees,

Gordon Trucking Photos