Gordon and Schwenkmeyer Reviews

Updated October 22, 2014
2.8

CEO

I worked at Gordon and Schwenkmeyer

Pros

Very good! Excellent training and direct contact with their clients.

Cons

There work rules are heavy-handed. I was fortunate that I was also a p/t professor at a local community college.

If you are going to recruit those at risk or new to the work force, you need to extend your probation period.

Sweat shop masquerading as a progressive company

Current Employee - Fundraiser in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Gordon and Schwenkmeyer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Full time hours
    Ability to help out charities and political campaigns

Cons

Extremely low pay. Pay starts at 8 dollars an hour. Even employees who have worked there for decades only make 14 dollars an hour. A truly progressive company, that raises money for the Democratic Party, should pay a living wage. Shameful.
    Sweat shop-like work environment. The list of rules would fill a phone book. Most are heavy handed while at the same time being nit picky. The most recent: locking the break room so that water is not accessible except during two breaks and lunch. We are people who talk all day for a living. We need unlimited access to water. Ironically, we raise money for the United Farm Workers which is demanding that its workers get access to water at least once an hour.
    Constantly written up, warned, and reminded of rules. There is little or no positive reinforcement. This is a sign of poor management.

Listen to your employees. Loosen up on your ridiculous rules. PAY A LIVING WAGE!!