Gordon and Schwenkmeyer

Gordon and Schwenkmeyer Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

1 Employee Review

Sweat shop masquerading as a progressive company

Fundraiser (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsFull time hours
    Ability to help out charities and political campaigns

ConsExtremely low pay. Pay starts at 8 dollars an hour. Even employees who have worked there for decades only make 14 dollars an hour. A truly progressive company, that raises money for the Democratic Party, should pay a living wage. Shameful.
    Sweat shop-like work environment. The list of rules would fill a phone book. Most are heavy handed while at the same time being nit picky. The most recent: locking the break room so that water is not accessible except during two breaks and lunch. We are people who talk all day for a living. We need unlimited access to water. Ironically, we raise money for the United Farm Workers which is demanding that its workers get access to water at least once an hour.
    Constantly written up, warned, and reminded of rules. There is little or no positive reinforcement. This is a sign of poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Loosen up on your ridiculous rules. PAY A LIVING WAGE!!

Worked for Gordon and Schwenkmeyer? Contribute to the Community!