Gore Mutual

www.goremutual.ca

Gore Mutual Reviews

Updated Mar 3, 2014
Gore Mutual – “Make Your Mark at Gore Mutual Insurance”

Kevin W. McNeil

A progressive , innovative and highly employee focused company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cambridge, ON (Canada)

ProsGore encourages employees to improve work processes and to bring new creative ideas to the table.

ConsSome of the management really walk the walk and talk the talk which is truly refreshing !

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to recognize employee excellence! Reward and take care of your key people!

To be part of a corporate family

ProsGore Mutual provides the perfect work/home life balance. I work with an amazing group of talented, warm and professional individuals whom I consider my corporate family.

ConsI don't have anything to share

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

A great place with a great culture

Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) Cambridge, ON (Canada)

ProsState-of-the-art technology. Paperless therefore a great carbon footprint. Management team is in sync with people and the times. Employee-oriented (flexible life/work, free employee parking, free ice cream before every stat holiday, fitness centre with classes (non-mandatory) and great benefits. Rated number one by brokers across Canada for 6 years straight. Employee survey's are always top percentile, One of Waterloo Region's top companies in which to work.

ConsNone that I can think of. I loved this place!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe toughest management challenge is always people. You do a great job. Stay on top of it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work and see your contribution make a difference!

ProsGreat people to work with.
    There is no bureaucracy that delays decision making.
    There is a clear vision on where we are going as a company.
    Strong values that we all work to live up to.

ConsWe move quickly and sometimes forget to enjoy our achievements before we take on the next challenge.

This one of the most innovative and friendly insurance companies

Manager (Current Employee) Cambridge, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat people to work with; very friendly
    Super benefits
    Cambridge office is a beautiful property
    Company embraces new ideas and they are constantly looking for ways to distinguish themselves in products and services

ConsSometimes Gore Mutual bites off more than they can chew in terms of new projects and initiatives which occasionally puts a real strain on resources and budgets.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways appreciate, motivate and challenge employees to be the best they can be. Employee recognition is essential for job satisfaction.

Gore Mutual - small company autocratic environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has a beautiful location, set alongside a park and part of the building is a historic structure with free parking. The company has a community focus.

ConsThe corporate cultue is very political, with an autocratic managment style that drives down from the top coupled by many long term employees in key leadership positions and little potential for advancement to senior levels.

Co-op

ProsManager very supportive
    Training for new technology
    Life-work balance and flexible timing

ConsHard to get an extension or transition to a permanent position

Less than a great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cambridge, ON (Canada)

ProsInsurance is a recession proof industry

ConsSenior management's inability to make their own decisions or redirect president's directions make employment confining as there is no ability to make alternate suggestions when major challenges are foreseen by an employee.

Staff are blamed when Senior management's decisions turn out badly.

Staff are not truely valued.

Power struggles for who will be successor for Kevin's position are obvious to the organization and results in the leadership team using staff as pawns.

Above points result in large rapid company directed turnover.

Upper management never takes the blame for their own failings

Employee (Current Employee)

ProsThere are a lot of good young people that work at the company

ConsUpper management look down on employees, there is very high turnover in all departments, upper management seem to act like its some kind of country club for themselves, probable the cheapest company I have ever worked for. Of course upper management spare no expense on themselves....hence the country club comment.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think there is anything for these people to learn....they are all older and are detached from the reality of how real employees feel about working there.

Worked for Gore Mutual? Contribute to the Community!