Goss International

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jochen Meissner

Professional environment with diverse workforce

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Durham, NH

Pros- Positive and professional coworkers
    - International organization
    - Diversity- quite a few employees from Europe, Central/South America, and Asia Pacific
    - Summer hours-offered, but not to all departments and under the purview of the department manager
    - R&D, new product development
    - Many senior employees with great corporate memory and/or industry experience to share
    - LEAN management training in process (change is good but....)

Cons- LEAN management training in process (...but nevertheless challenging to administer. Remember the book, Who Moved My Cheese?)
    - Sometimes the decision making is slow, but more often than not in a large organization that is also true.
    - Industry shrinkage has presented challenges to the organization

Advice to Senior Management- evaluate customer and industry needs, and adjust product lines and services accordingly
    - design mentoring program to further develop less experienced employees
    - create change buy-in for the current employees that result from LEAN training/Kaizen events

Holding on to a dying industry.

ProsReadily transferable skills, plenty of overtime when needed, direct supervisors willing to work with you when time off is needed.

ConsSeems like the company is more worried about keeping up appearances than keeping production going, it's a machine shop. It will be dirty. Lots of favoritism being played. Overworked, under paid. Upper management refuses to hire new people when it's obvious the two people who need help are struggling to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

Great place to work, tou industry

ProsStable with investments being made

ConsTough industry, global pressure, too many products

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back Bob Brown

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Can't understand how they are even still in business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Durham, NH

ProsThe subject matter, (some of) the people, the legacy of what came before.

Cons(Most of) Management, poor/non-existent leadership, no foresight or diversification, nepotism

Advice to Senior ManagementStep aside...Let someone with some passion, drive, and vision take over. Then and only then can Goss return to it's former glory.

Great products

Management Team (Former Employee) Durham, NH

ProsPeople, technology, processes, engineering. Diamond in the rough

Constough market, ownership not stable - HWS, etc

Used to be a good place to work, but the company has one foot in the grave now

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people who work for Goss are mostly highly experienced and very professional. I learned quite a few valuable skills that transfer readily to other industries.

ConsThe company has been shrinking/cutting back for several years in a row, given the state of printed media there isn't in my opinion a favorable end in sight. I would recommend this company for short term employment prospects only.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate your resumes.

Relatively Satisfied, decent place to work...

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Durham, NH

ProsOther employees are great, the atmosphere in the office is cordial and pretty positive overall.

ConsThe industry is aging, and frankly a lot of the people there are older and stuck in their ways. As a young person, it's hard for my 'new' ideas to be taken seriously.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on communication with the company. The CEO & CFO were just replaced and practically nothing has come out of senior management as far as information, or additional changes that may take place going into 2009.

A solid company to work for.

Technical Support (Current Employee) Durham, NH

ProsThe pay is decent for a company that is so close to home. To find something with more pay you have to travel a lot further.

ConsThe benefits are not great and they seem to get worse every year,Pay raises seem to happen about once every 5 years, a lot of polotics,micromanaging,typical big company antics, popularity gets you ahead.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it simple, incentive programs, work on finding better benefits, I know we are at a day and age where we have healthcare issues and prices are astronomical but, there has to be something out there. As a company we waste so much money, lets try to capture that money and get a better benefits package.

Would be better if we got paid better wages and had raises that could keep up with the cost of living.

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Durham, NH

ProsWorking at Goss seems like a stable job at least. We have a lot of contract workers and I feel that my job won't really be at risk until they are let go, so I never feel like I'm at risk of losing my job. People are nice, work can be challenging.

ConsWe are below average in what technical jobs like ours should pay. The merit increases in income can't even keep pace with cost of living increase and each year we're working backwards. Budget cuts keep us from getting simple things that would help general morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake control and show some backbone.

Great place to be - dying industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, good leadership, very technical

ConsBusiness dropping off, sold to Chinese

Advice to Senior ManagementSell more

Worked for Goss International? Contribute to the Community!