Gotham Reviews

2.6
Nick Johnson

1. Assistant Account Execuive

I worked at Gotham

Pros

Welcoming environment, good place to start a career

Cons

Average pay, Long hours, demanding clients

2. Healthcare

Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Healthcare in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Healthcare in New York, NY

I have been working at Gotham (More than 10 years)

Pros

To help the needy people, take care the sick people, especially the senior citizens

Cons

No much assignments. They gave 4 hours per day, sometimes 5 hours and 8 hours only. But not everyday. They pay a small amount. It's not worth for my daily needs.

Advice to Management

Keep your Employee in good shape, so, that the employee will not jumped to the other field.

3. Very close knit creatively driven company that delivers amazing things across the board.

I have been working at Gotham full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, great senior management, flexible, and eager to listen to employees. Yes, Gotham is a small company but we have a huge heart and huge ideas. Gotham is unique and we have so many talented people behind us to keep us going strong.

Cons

There are not many downsides to working at Gotham. One thing I would have to say is the money. I wish that I made a little more. The only other thing I can think of is since we are such a small company, during the really busy times it can get overwhelming for a week or two due to lack of manpower.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep listening and caring about your employees. Keep having fun with us and lets all continue to work as a team to get the job done.

5. Student

I worked at Gotham

Pros

Excellent training, class selection and instructors.

Cons

Only located in NY, but enjoy the online curriculum as well.

6. Great people, fun environment, poor organization

Current Contractor - Designer in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Gotham as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the space and the people I got to work with everyday. It is a positive environment that takes good care of its employees.

Cons

Workflow tends to be hectic, and the organization of people and projects could stand to improve. There has been a lot of turnover recently that makes the company structure feel a little flimsy.

7. Leadership lacking

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Gotham full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, laid back atmosphere, cool people

Cons

Management is terrible, employee and client turnover is high

8. Most depressing place I've EVER worked in...

Former Contractor - Creative in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Creative in New York, NY

I worked at Gotham as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Dinner and car service for late nights, Free Booze on Fridays... other than, that it's all downhill!

Cons

Wow... so many, where should I start? Ok I guess the best one to start with is 1. "AURA/CULTURE": My title describes it best. Certain departments really need an overhaul. People are really not happy there. Negativity and constant complaining are the MO in this place especially every year when they have this "World Wide Meeting" thing. Attitudes are overall bad. The only ones who are peppy are those types who live and breath for this agency. Aka people who don't have lives outside of work. 2. "LONG HOURS, VERY LONG"!: On the norm it can be ok, but when it comes for your time to go for the day, you get a last minute notice that it's going to be a late night. No Day before or week before or even a morning heads up. Bad very bad! NOW as for the World Wide Meeting I mentioned before... Question for ya: iif for 3-4 weeks you like to work 60-70hrs or more including late nights, weekends and holidays this is the place for you. I can only tell you that after awhile you really start to lose respect and joy for the place. The workload is totally overwhelming and they do not staff enough manpower to accommodate for it. Mind you they do this every year, you figure they would have a handle on it by now.. They don't! 3. "PAY": Being that it is an IPG company, their policy for certain employees is no OT... so if you like working for free like I mentioned above previously then your at the right place. 4. "PEOPLE": Now granted you'll always find someone who is kind and positive and friendly. But I would say 75% of the people there are just miserable. And some who are just plain nasty! (Can you blame them especially for what i mentioned in 1-3 points?) Anywho not to beat a dead horse but coming into work with people who possess those traits making it a really hard place to be happy in. So in a nutshell, I STRONGLY SUGGEST to stay away from this agency if you value yourself, your family, your time and overall well being.

Advice to Management

Simply said?... Correct all that what was mentioned above in the CONS section and maybe the agency might be a pleasant place to work in. But I honestly don't see that happening, their MO seems pretty much set in stone.

9. Financial Advisor

Former Employee - Broker in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Broker in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Gotham part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment, flexible working hours

Cons

low salary, busy season can be up to 50 hours

Gotham is an entirely unfulfilling place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Gotham

Pros

Nice people. Fun atmosphere. Free booze on Thursdays.

Cons

Long hours No vision Too quick to sacrifice creative integrity - too quick to stick to something "safe" Lack of leadership Poor time management Poorly allocated tasks resulting in some employees doing nothing while others are burried under work. People are asked to do the workload of multiple people.

Advice to Management

Need to tune task-management and grow a pair.

Gotham Changes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Gotham

Pros

Ambitious and committed. Good people. Trying to shake things up. Boutique style, but with strong global partners. Ready to embrace change.

Cons

Management change has affected morale of staff and staff has been in flux. Office politics and cliques have affected morale and out put.

Advice to Management

Make everyone feel like part of Gotham team, old and new a like. Make sure everyone feels like they are contributing and that they are valued. If they are not valued, they should not be there or they should be trained to help them be valuable. Stick to your guns on trying to be a cutting edge creative shop, don't just pay lip service to it, fight for the work.

RSS Feed </> Embed