Gouverneur Dental Associates

Employment Status

Reset
5.0
Scott R. Day, DDS

1. a true TEAM environment with excellent flexibility to customize paitent care (from soon to be "former" employee)

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Gouverneur, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Gouverneur, NY

I have been working at Gouverneur Dental Associates

Pros

great support from other employees, everyone is very helpful freedom to set appointments as you see fit excellent continuing education opportunities dedicated hygiene assistant great use of technology (digital radiographs, sopro intraoral camera/Light Induced Fluorescence Cavity Evaluator, BOTH piezo and regular ultrasonics!, patterson eaglesoft) Dr encourages (and now expects) thorough patient education excellent knowledge base; several employees have been in dental field for 15-20 years

Cons

communication is sometimes lacking (if changes are made, it's not always communicated well) Dr expects a high degree of competance and can be impatient and sharp tongued at times (but i've rarely worked with a DDS that wasn't)

Advice to Management

Continue what we've started, I think there is a bright future ahead for your practice. I will miss you all greatly. Also continue working on those "Cons" I listed. ;)

2. Patient centered team committed to care

Current Employee - Rdh in Gouverneur, NY
    Current Employee - Rdh in Gouverneur, NY

I have been working at Gouverneur Dental Associates

Pros

Ability to customize appt time for each patient Hygienists Assistant available to collect data, review Med Hx, and set up/clean up operatory Practice focus on perio-systemic disease connection Latest technologies used daily Dr understands my main role is an educator and allows me all the time I need for each patient RDH controls patient follow up decisions, not front desk Assistant used for sealants

Cons

Team expects/demands clinical excellence and expects RDH to help them with stuff during down time. Patient Reactivation and follow-up calls

Advice to Management

Any concerns I have are handled by Business Manager who is just a gem and finds great solutions for us an the practice owner. Rarely do I feel like I am being dumped on with too many patients like I used to where I worked before.

RSS Feed </> Embed