GovDelivery Reviews

4.0
Scott Burns

Great place to work!

I have been working at GovDelivery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture, great work/life balance is available. Great teams.

Cons

Wish it was in Minneapolis :)

Work hard. Be rewarded.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at GovDelivery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is one of those companies that puts far more value on the people working there than anything else. Work hard and you'll be noticed and rewarded.

Cons

Location of the home office in St. Paul limits access to top quality technical talent and I think that holds the company back a bit.

High Energy

I have been working at GovDelivery (More than a year)

Pros

GovDelivery hires good people - work here if you'd like to be surrounded by people who are smart, probably smarter than you, in a really good way.

If you're a hard worker and you have a vision, management will help you and open the proper doors for you to get where you want to go. Top performers get noticed and rewarded.

Vacation time is generous. And there is always free food and beverages- so much that you'll probably want to use that health benefit incentive and join a gym.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly, so you'll have a leaner team with high expectations for success. The pace is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep expectations high and teams will rise to meet them.

5. Great stepping stone

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at GovDelivery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your colleagues are great people who you can easily form lasting friendships with, both professionally and personally. There's a great sense of community among employees.

Cons

There's a lot of micromanagement across all levels of the organization and lack of appreciation along with that micromanagement. There's a lack of listening and acting on employee frustrations. Steps towards improvement are consistently "being worked on" (but not really).

6. Not worth your Career!

I worked at GovDelivery

Pros

I can't think of any pros; sometimes flexible on work hours.

Cons

Where to begin...
    - First off there is no room for growth at this company. Once you are hired for a role, there is no ability to move forward UNLESS you are one of a select few favorites (no exaggeration). They will very very rarely allow a lateral transfer, but only a very few people get promoted in this company...and that takes years.
    - benefits are slim; bonuses are worth nothing
    - management is very poor. Basically they have moved higher-level individuals who were not succeeding in their roles into management positions so they wouldn't have to "fire" them. Thus the managers are not good at their new jobs either.
    - The good higher-ups leave. And fast. I saw multiple managers go out the door from the same role in a year (external hires who quit due to pressure and the incompetence they had to deal with).
    - No customer focus. Dev likes to release new feature after new feature and then not have any bandwidth to support them or make them actually work.
    - HR is ineffective

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. If they are doing good, reward them. You loose good people when you don't make the effort to keep them around and happy.

Great growth company with good leadership

I have been working at GovDelivery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, great office culture, good work/life balance, meaningful work, resources available to do your job well.

Cons

Some people might see this as a con but if it becomes totally evident a person is not a fit or not right for the job they were hired for, they'll be let go. After years in jobs where people who weren't right for their position stayed on indefinitely, I see this as a pro... but just a heads up.

Awesome people!

I have been working at GovDelivery

Pros

The company is very passionate about the work they do, and it shows. Free snacks and beverages, Friday breakfasts and relaxed space outside of your cube to work make it a great working environment.

Cons

There is a bit of micro-managing at the top levels which can slow progress on projects and cause frustration. If members of the executive team aren't immediately all-seeing and all-knowing, they discard a suggestion and focus on something more comfortable to them. Voices are raised when frustration occurs, so expect outbursts and try not to take it personally.

Advice to Management

Plan your strategy and goals for the future, but don't be so self-limiting that you discard a good idea just because you're not a seasoned expert in an area and you can't make the project fit into your current timeline. Sometimes the wait and slower progress yield an even greater outcome, and you can gain experience and knowledge in a previously unknown area.

Have an impact on building a fast growing company & do work that matters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at GovDelivery full-time

Pros

Growth opportunities present themselves if you are capable and hard working. Enormous potential to have an impact on building this company and working with government clients doing great work. Generous benefits and time-off. Access to leadership is special and company culture is strong.

Cons

High growth dynamic company building the plane while flying it can require lots of flexibility. DC commute is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue building up leadership roles throughout the organization.

Great place to work right here in our home town

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at GovDelivery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility for professional staff. Not a punch-the-clock type of place. Personal freedom for defining the work and the future of it, and career growth potential. Culture that actively removes barriers to getting things done. Amazing customers, and a sales leadership that has scored some really big deals. A chance to make a difference in the world instead of selling stuff that people do not need (or want). Company that likely has a long future and has shrugged off acquisitions. Great products with growth potential. Leadership that is judicious, personable, and thoughtful.

Cons

Recent focus on security and securing technical operations means forward movement in product development has slowed.

Fun like a start-up; stable like a blue-chip.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at GovDelivery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a technologist I love the diverse set of challenges we face and our willingness to try new things. Intelligent risk-taking is encouraged, and it has resulted in a platform built on exciting technologies that still has plenty of room for growth.

As an employee I love the stability. Do a great job and you will be rewarded and given room to flourish. I have never had cause for concern about turnover or work-life balance. We work hard but we work smart, and we believe in maintaining a sustainable pace.

There are a ton of really bright people working here; there is something to learn (and someone to learn from) everywhere you look, and always someone willing to teach. But be ready - the classroom can be anywhere from pair programming at your desk to a chat over a beer in the breakroom.

Cons

Our niche is hard to explain. We have a great value proposition and a strong, loyal client base; but explaining to a friend exactly what we do sometimes elicits a blank stare.

Advice to Management

Stay laser-focused on what we do best.

RSS Feed </> Embed