GovGistics

Good Company, Great People

Current Employee - New Business Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - New Business Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GovGistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Close group of people working in a team environment. Competition amongst the teams is the daily driver for me at least. Most are willing to help and atmosphere fosters growth. The product is unlike anything I had seen before and very challenging. Pay is good and always on time and bonus opportunity is tremendous if you actually work. People who have been here and those that have only been here 2 or 3 months are making bonus, serious money. Access to a lounge which provides catered lunches is provided to consistent producers.

Cons

It's not always easy and the parking situation can be a pain but considering all the companies in the plaza I guess this really isn't a bad thing but you have to always have you parking permit in the car. Frankly I though about writing this last year, and it would have been really bad. My biggest gripe is the parking, second to that would be the strict 8-5 schedule.

Say on this track, it's working.

This company SUCKS and the managers SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been working at GovGistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None ! Unless you like one free redbull at 3pm.

Cons

You will be given 50 leads to start and the leads you are calling have been past down by at least 20 employes. The companies you call will hang up on you, they will curse you out for calling them every day. The only leads that a salesmen can find are the companies that have been called 200 plus times and don't want to do business with govgistics.

Stop having each sales person hold on to 200 leads for 3 months so other people can get better leads !!!!!!!!

Spend all day looking for leads

I worked at GovGistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Base salary is decent for inside sales.

Cons

Spend all day sourcing to find leads rather than selling to close deals and make money

Hire high school / college students @ $10 an hr to source your sales manager for leads and let your closers, close. Even if you pay less salary to sales force to make up for new "sourcing department" I'm confident sales would increase and retaining quality talent would become possible.

Know a bad opportunity when you see one...

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at GovGistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None unless you like being mistreated

Cons

They kept my last paycheck I earned a week earlier. Told me that my pay went back to minimum wage from almost 90 days ago!

I answered an ad that said I could make up to 1250 a week. Then when I met them they told me I could start out at 700 and earn my way up. They didn't tell me the goals to get what they said I could make was not reachable.

They say everyone can earn. I have watched them hire at least 30 people since me and over 25 were gone within a month. Those who leaves hard work is given to old sales reps. It's a good old boy network.

Not sure who these positive reviews are from. I was there up until recent and what others are saying don't match reality. I can only guess recruiters are posting these positive responses as it is not true of what I witnessed.

Close down the business

Seen worse, but the assumptive market need is way off the mark

I worked at GovGistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training was a definite - if necessary - plus. Brought understanding and some clarity to a challenging market. Hands-on management helped (mostly) in cultivating clientele once business was at hand. Lots of talk here about ice cream, red bull and popcorn, but thecall center/sales floor regimentation far outweighed the benefit.

Cons

Without question the targeted contractors were thoroughly inundated with calls, dating back 5-10 years. No attempt to stay ahead of the curve for new government business. Sad truth is the post-stimulus federal arena is simply non-responsive as a whole. Expect burnout as soon as you align your own vantage point with that of the lead which you're calling.

You have good, accomplished people lost in the weeds working for managers promoted to their level of incompetence on the sales floor itself. Wake up and revisit your vision and perhaps the worker bees will follow despite the bosses.

Nightmare. Run the other way unless you have no other options!

Current Employee - Analsty in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Analsty in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GovGistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent salary. Your schedule is pretty good.

Cons

Terrible product. Vulgar abusive management. They screw people bad there. After about 2 months of working there I watched employees/ management flip out on each other and get into full blown cursing matches. I have never seen anything like it. Check the better business bureau on these guys. There membership has gotten revoke due to complaints.

Closed down. Learn about ethics and how to treat people. Get a real product.

All The Charm Of A Boiler Room...............

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at GovGistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Made a few good friends, close to family members in the area.

Cons

Wow...where to begin. Abusive management. Incredible turnover. Office conditions involved biometric time card punch, every employee having to be individually video taped every month due to a previous law suit with a competitor (every 30 days, each employee had to be video taped while initialing and signing off on a multi-page legal document happened every month the entire time I was there), office environment with dated furnishings, computers, carpet, bathrooms....just very unpleasant. Zero effective marketing of any kind, it's a call center/telemarketer kind of job on a good day, a boiler room on all the others. The hype one hears on an interview and reality of the job could not be more different....or unappealing. I left there in 2011, however I have friends who still work there and absolutely nothing has changed.

Management (CEO/CIO/VP of Sales) that speaks disrespectfully to employees as a matter of culture and condescending habit, management who operate a dot com who can not nor will not adapt to an ever changing competitive IT landscape, management who have no inclination to any form of meaningful marketing, lead gen or branding, management who by practice cannibalize their own employees earnings through shifting of "policy", management who have crafted an organization with a wildly spinning turnover cycle (and don't care), management who through words and deeds are unable/uninterested in cultivating the most basic modicum of respect from their employees....is a management team that is the hallmark of corporate dysfunction. No advice for management, they're FAR too "smart"...this is more advice for anyone reading this and considering this company.

Company sucks you in and then bleeds you dry

I have been working at GovGistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

they try to buy you with free ice cream

Cons

The nicest part of the building, and it is a HUGE building, is the reception area. The rest of the office is torn apart- cleaning instruments everywhere, leather chairs missing most of their leather, old carpet throughout the building.. The interview was great, and so it the training. But after that, you are a number. Sitting on the floor for a few days of floor training, I got to see what really went on and why the base salaries were so high. Then the owner comes in one day and cuts everyone's pay 30% across the board. You are not valued as an employee there.

Not what it seemed

I worked at GovGistics

Pros

-Decent starting salary
    -Free ice-cream/Redbull during afternoon break
    -Great training
    -Good product
    -In a nice area

Cons

The nicest part of the building, and it is a HUGE building, is the reception area. The rest of the office is torn apart- cleaning instruments everywhere, leather chairs missing most of their leather, old carpet throughout the building.. The interview was great, and so it the training. But after that, you are a number. Sitting on the floor for a few days of floor training, I got to see what really went on and why the base salaries were so high. Number 1: no one was making sales. Number 2: constant profanity and insults towards business owners who did not want to use Govgistics' product. The "leads" you're given (you're cold calling) are bad.. just bad. They are all accounts that have been given to other reps in the past, and you can read right there in the notes where this particular business owner was "crazy" or a "moron" for not wanting the product.

Also, the way the temperature fluctuates in that building I'm surprised there hasn't been a malaria out break.

Act professional, especially when a new employee is around you. I must have heard the "F" word 45 times from the managers while I was there. Also, if as a new employee I have a question, it's probably a good idea to answer it.

Shady

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at GovGistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free ice cream and Energy drinks. Set hours

Cons

Abusive management. Very unprofessional. Insane turn over. If you blink your eye your fired. There are many details the will not tell you when they recruite you that you will not like. Bad product being forced down customers throats

hopeless