Government Service Insurance System Reviews

4 reviews filtered by
2.9
CEO

1. Great benefits but very low pay for a very sophisticated job assignment

Former Employee - Investment Research Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Investment Research Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Government Service Insurance System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent retirement plan and insurance coverage

Cons

Very low pay and politics is everywhere

2. My experience is that I have learned to live with pressure and
    declining finances.

Current Employee - Staff Officer I in Cebu City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Staff Officer I in Cebu City (Philippines)

I have been working at Government Service Insurance System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable and secure, stable and secure, stable and secure, stable and secure, stable and secure.

Cons

benefits and allowances are being slashed and is giving us rank and file a hard time in dealing with our finances as an employee

must make moves to enhance benefits, allowances, salary increases to cope with every employees declining finances.

I worked for more than 25 years in this office and if I will go back in time, I will still choose GSIS as employer.

Former Employee - Senior Management
    Former Employee - Senior Management

I worked at Government Service Insurance System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1. Stability of the Company;
    2. Promotes career advancement;
    3. Provides adequate training for employees;
    4. Employees welfare are well taken care of, both compensation and benefits;
    5. Competitive salary with the private sector; and
    6. Good working condition with state of the art facilities

Cons

1. Change in leadership normally brings uncertainty and affects negatively the morale of the employees.
    2. Heavy workload per employee

5. A place at par with any good private corporation, but keeps the an ugly head of a government institution

Former Employee - Manager in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Manager in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

I worked at Government Service Insurance System full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good compensation. Fun environment. Benefits extend not only to the employee but also to his or her family. Offers lots of career advancement trainings.

Cons

Highly politicized leadership. Management has the tendency to pick on executives and employees who they think are affiliated with previous management. Poor communications between management and employees.

Respect your employees. Know that you have some of the most intelligent people and you do not have a monopoly of the best ideas in running the institution.