Government of Gujarat

Updated Feb 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

accounting and auditing

Accountant and Internal Audit Officer (Former Employee) Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)

Prosvery encouraging, supporting,friendly ,positive and lively work atmosphere

Consalways a benefit to know challenging task

Advice to Senior Managementto prepare account on the same day

it is a decent company to work for

ProsNot a typical Government company, good opportunities to learn

Conslittle slow pace of work, being a government company

Princial of Sc college-Grouo-A Officer, CEO if the office, 26yrs exp

Principal @ Government Science College (Current Employee) Chīkhli, Gujarat (India)

Prostask given with time limit, qualified employees, team work

Conspoliticians given more importance rather than good officer or worker

Advice to Senior Managementrecruitment to be made as per establishment

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A long, challenging, interesting journey...

Deputy Secretary (Former Employee) Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)

ProsHealthy, disciplined and responsive atmosphere; humanitarian approach and solution finding personnel at the senior level.

ConsFrom some time past, political interferance has handicapped the top officials to utilise delegated powers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe top management has to be coherrent with the policies but should never let the administration down to political power.

A satisfactory experience

Deputy Executive Engineer (Civil) (Current Employee) Vadodara (India)

ProsPermanent Job as an employee, Job Security, Pension direcly by government,

ConsPolitical interference, non-technical works exceed technical works, promotions based on seniority rather than being performance, frequent transfers disrupting children's education.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork should be more technical respective of person's qualification.

Good

Office Work As Suprindent (Former Employee) Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)

ProsHelp to poor people by government rules & schemes.

ConsGood to help other unknown people

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp to see case

good

Deputy Secretary (Former Employee) Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)

ProsSomething is not fine but overall we can do our best if don't want corruption and have initiatives. There are so many chances to show our inner capacities and to do something good for our people.

ConsOfficers are not so cooperative and try to do work as per their old method, hesitate to use computer and new methods as most officers are of old age and not willing to change their mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake compulsory to use computer and no secretary or minister should give their orders on any file without the use of computer.

development first time in all over india

Management (Current Employee) Rājkot, Gujarat (India)

Prosdevelopment, development and development for better living of people of gujarat

Conssome decisions dissatisfied employees and that things discourage them

Advice to Senior Managementalways take care of your employees because they r your hands

Working with Govt.of Gujarat is having PLENTY OF USEFUL ADMINISTRATIVE-EXPERIENCES in any office -administration.

ASSISTANT SUPERNTENDENT ( CIRCLE) (Former Employee) Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)

ProsWorking with the Govt. is always & almost SAFE AND SECURE with all and full retirement benefits.

ConsSome loop-holes like delay in prompt disposal due to lack of enough skill & enthusiasm , work suffers sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementCO-OPERATION & CO-ORDINATION IN DIALOGUE AS WELL AS ACTIONS ; IS A "MUST" from Senior Management Level to the grass-root level ; so to say " from Top to Bottom."

very good

Middle Level Managemrnt (Former Employee) Surat (India)

ProsOur company is engaged with oublic disribution system as my first job was related to this activity on national level i happyly joined in gscsc which is operating on state level . .

Consredtapism and nepotism are there efficiency is not rewarding in any govt deptt. horse and donkeys are consider equal foe racing.

Advice to Senior Managementto my Md i m sorry to say that many employees in h/ o are working as the ajent of contractor. there are many experienc personaalitys in district level which can better in service than those who are in H/o for many years. Some times we feel that contractors are running the deptt.

Worked for Government of Gujarat? Contribute to the Community!