Goya Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Bob Unanue

1. Great people, great culture and great food.

Former Employee - Controller in City of Industry, CA
    Former Employee - Controller in City of Industry, CA

I worked at Goya full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Family Own CO, Excellent benefits and great people.

Cons

None to say, very positive experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Great team to work with

Pros

You get to work with very team oriented people which makes it easier to get quality work fone without conflicts

Cons

The bureaucracy in this company is absurd! Upper management degrades lower lever employees and the pay is very low compared to the work you do

3. Opportunities for growth & great company culture

I worked at Goya full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I personally think Goya is not your typical corporation, yes, people do work very hard, but the work environment/culture is one where they try to make you feel as if you are part of a big family (hence their saying, “La Gran Familia Goya”). You get to meet the owners, they greet you in the hallway and I pretty much think they know everyone by name. From my experience management is fair, so if you don’t want to work or want to violate reasonable rules, I guess you don’t need the job… The company is growing so quickly and there are opportunities for growth. Salary is competitive for the area, benefits are good in comparison with other jobs I’ve had. Many of their current employees have been there for 5 to 50 years, which I think says something about the company, I was there from 2005-2013 and unfortunately I had to move but if possible in the future I would like to return when I am ready. Hope this helps

Cons

Not many facilities in Europe

Advice to Management

Share the knowledge with your employees, it will make you look good

5. Good job, but no growth

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Goya full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

True freedom while on the road. Make your own hours, determine your schedule, finish early many days out of the week.

Cons

No real room for growth. Sales is pure commission, no base salary. No one is hired permanently through the company, only through the temp agency. Many feel that they're stuck at a dead-end job.

Advice to Management

I feel as though there's not a concern for true growth outside of the "hot zones" where business has always been strong. Simple words of encouragement, retooling of the business model, and more flexibility when it comes to deals will go a long way in turning business around.

6. Work was Challenging, but hrs very flexible as a Merchandiser

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Goya full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible hrs. Usually start the days early in the morning, but you get to work at your own pace. Can finish by 2 or 3 pm.

Cons

Schedule is determined on a day by day basis. Decent amount of heavy lifting and manual labor.

7. Excellent Job, Excellent communication

Current Employee - Promoter in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Promoter in Miami, FL

I have been working at Goya part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have the best products in the supermarkets, the people love their products and it makes easier the promotions. As the people always remember and say is: "If it is Goya has to be good"...

Cons

It was a part time.

8. Not recommended

Pros

The company is growing and investing in future growth. Other than that not a lot of good stuff can be said about Goya.

Cons

Pay is low. Benefits are worse. They expect extremely long hours. They try to run short staffed. There is a strong company culture that is biased towards people of hispanic descent.

Advice to Management

Become a more diverse company. Strive for a better work life balance.

9. Great company with exceptional benefits package but unsatisfied with pay rate.

Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at Goya full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits package, Hours, culture, access to discounted store. Basically, if you favor culture and values over salary then Goya is right for you.

Cons

Many employees claim to be extremely underpaid. Advancement opportunities seem to be based highly on favoritism first then qualifications.

Advice to Management

Your ratio of benefits/salary are effective in terms of profit but at a price of unsatisfied employees. No problem for most.

10. Great and complete

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in Secaucus, NJ

Pros

First of all, Goya is a company that's very family oriented and takes care of its own. it's a great environment to work in because of the way everyone interacts. It really feels like you're at home with your family. Even in these times of hardship, you know that your job is secure and that's a great thing to have, specially for those with family. This is a company that goes above and beyon the call of duty to ensure its employees are happy. We have an open door policy and it's very conforting for everyone . Overall, I'm very happy to work for Goya.

Cons

salary for the most part is lower than most companies, but if you speak up they will listen to you

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing in supporting your employees

RSS Feed </> Embed