Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) Reviews

Reset
4.6
Dan Hawes

1. An invaluable, fun and exciting experience

Former Intern - Marketing in Brighton, England (UK)
    Former Intern - Marketing in Brighton, England (UK)

I worked at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Firstly the company consists of the friendliest people out there, I was made to feel like part of the family and not just the marketing intern. There is a definite buzz in the office, a very nice environment to work in. The marketing team were great, they were always there to help me if I didn't understand a task, and gave me feedback on the work I submitted. There was never a boring moment, with plenty of work to be getting on with, it was overall a very enjoyable experience.

Cons

The only thing that I didn't enjoy about this experience was the long commute I had to do every day, but this can't be helped!

2. Positive, supporting environment

Pros

The environment that management have cultivated at GRB is warm and supportive. In a tough industry, everyone is given the opportunity to flourish and be successful. I felt as though my development was a priority to my manager, the directors and owners of the business. GRB have built a team of kind, generous and above all, successful individuals.

Cons

A better target/reward structure should be put in place as well as more social team building exercises/activities.

3. Industrial Placement at GRB

Former Employee - Industrial Placement In Marketing and Recruitment in Brighton, England (UK)

I worked at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time

Pros

- I had the opportunity to work in different areas of the business, Analytical, Marketing and Sales. - Lovely colleagues, always keen to help and teach you new things - Great location, being in Brighton was great as the social life is fantastic I have learnt an extensive amount at GRB; such as how to manage projects, liaise with candidates and clients and overall commercial knowledge of the graduate market which will help me in my studies and career.

Cons

There are no cons, GRB as a company and service is fantastic, having the opportunity to see what happens behind the scenes was great, the employees play a significant role in kick starting many graduates careers.

5. An incredible 5 and a half years!

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)

I worked at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Amazing people to work with. I don't think there are many groups quite like it. - Commercial knowledge. The knowledge I increased over the years at GRB about other industries, skills sets and job roles was incredible. -The commission is one of the best things. It helped me to buy a house, get married, buy a new car & I even paid off my student loan. There are few jobs you can do at a younger age straight from university that would give you that benefit. - The training was great as an early career and really helped me to grow individual skills and longer term plans. - I managed a team which felt like a great achievement after only 3 years. - Location. Brighton is an incredible place to work and there aren't many towns like it. Close to London, good transport links and a very fun culture!

Cons

- The hours are quite strict. They can be worse elsewhere but you have to consider this. It isn't for all. - Training longer term wasn't quite there for the higher level roles but I understand this has changed since I have left.

6. Resourcer

Pros

Relaxed Environment Group Activities Flat Structure Young team Good brand

Cons

Low Base Low Comission Structure Outdated Training

Advice to Management

Pay more

7. A great place to start a career in recruitment in Brighton

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Experience isn't necessary. A great and hard-working attitude is - Access to recruiting for exciting clients - No hire and fire policy. Lots of time and money invested in developing graduates with low expectations on results quickly - Easy to communicate with management and owners - We have targets but are treated like adults - no whip-cracking! - It takes time but the money is great, particularly from year two onwards - Well regarded in the graduate market and well established which means we get lots of business from serious employers - Dress-down policy - Everyone has the same ethos. We all work hard and want each other to be successful - Work with like-minded outgoing people

Cons

- We are not flash. Money is invested in commission rather than loads of other benefits - Hours are long. Not as long as most recruitment companies mind - If you have concerns about cold-calling don't join us (or any other recruitment company for that matter)

Advice to Management

Keep investing in graduates who are the future

8. SEO Marketing Assistant - great work experience, great people & great company!

Current Employee - SEO Marketing Assistant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - SEO Marketing Assistant in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had zero experience in marketing (in fact I barely knew what it was!) but you sit alongside people constantly willing to help you and involve you in new and exciting projects. As well as link building, a huge part of my work is spent writing articles for blogs. This not only helped me develop my writing style dramatically, but it gives me published content for my portfolio, exposure to writers all over the web and I have been headhunted three times for my own work after just 3 months here. Even if this isn’t a career path you want to take, it will give you skills, contacts and opportunities that will endlessly rival casual work behind a bar. A company that convinces you wholeheartedly to get behind their cause without even having to is one to get involved in.

Cons

I’m extremely reluctant to leave, but have to get myself out there and moving on up! Applying for this role on a whim I could never have guessed how far forward it would push me in terms of experience, networking opportunities and opening my eyes to a whole world of career paths. The only con is that they don't have an office in London yet for me to transfer to where I want to live but hopefully we won't be waiting much longer :)

Advice to Management

Keep prioritizing students and graduates to work with you because as you well know it gives us a great opportunity to get ourselves on the employment ladder with experience and for that I am extremely thankful!

9. Years industrial work placement within recruitment and marketing

Current Contractor - Resourcer in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Resourcer in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Rotational work placement with great insight into all aspects of the business. Real responsibility from the start and a great working environment. Excellent rapport between all members of staff, including directors. Supportive supervisors and colleagues.

Cons

My placement within the GRB has been excellent and will benefit my future studies and career after graduation. I do not believe there are any cons of working here.

RSS Feed </> Embed