Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB)

www.grb.uk.com

Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) Reviews

Updated July 23, 2014
Updated July 23, 2014

5.0

Dan Hawes

A great place to start a career in recruitment in Brighton

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Pros

- Experience isn't necessary. A great and hard-working attitude is
    - Access to recruiting for exciting clients
    - No hire and fire policy. Lots of time and money invested in developing graduates with low expectations on results quickly
    - Easy to communicate with management and owners
    - We have targets but are treated like adults - no whip-cracking!
    - It takes time but the money is great, particularly from year two onwards
    - Well regarded in the graduate market and well established which means we get lots of business from serious employers
    - Dress-down policy
    - Everyone has the same ethos. We all work hard and want each other to be successful
    - Work with like-minded outgoing people

Cons

- We are not flash. Money is invested in commission rather than loads of other benefits
    - Hours are long. Not as long as most recruitment companies mind
    - If you have concerns about cold-calling don't join us (or any other recruitment company for that matter)

Keep investing in graduates who are the future

SEO Marketing Assistant - great work experience, great people & great company!

Current Employee - SEO Marketing Assistant  in  Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - SEO Marketing Assistant in Brighton, England (UK)

Pros

I had zero experience in marketing (in fact I barely knew what it was!) but you sit alongside people constantly willing to help you and involve you in new and exciting projects. As well as link building, a huge part of my work is spent writing articles for blogs. This not only helped me develop my writing style dramatically, but it gives me published content for my portfolio, exposure to writers all over the web and I have been headhunted three times for my own work after just 3 months here. Even if this isn’t a career path you want to take, it will give you skills, contacts and opportunities that will endlessly rival casual work behind a bar. A company that convinces you wholeheartedly to get behind their cause without even having to is one to get involved in.

Cons

I’m extremely reluctant to leave, but have to get myself out there and moving on up! Applying for this role on a whim I could never have guessed how far forward it would push me in terms of experience, networking opportunities and opening my eyes to a whole world of career paths. The only con is that they don't have an office in London yet for me to transfer to where I want to live but hopefully we won't be waiting much longer :)

Keep prioritizing students and graduates to work with you because as you well know it gives us a great opportunity to get ourselves on the employment ladder with experience and for that I am extremely thankful!

Years industrial work placement within recruitment and marketing

Current Employee - Resourcer  in  Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resourcer in Brighton, England (UK)

Pros

Rotational work placement with great insight into all aspects of the business. Real responsibility from the start and a great working environment. Excellent rapport between all members of staff, including directors. Supportive supervisors and colleagues.

Cons

My placement within the GRB has been excellent and will benefit my future studies and career after graduation. I do not believe there are any cons of working here.

Worked for Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB)? Contribute to the Community!