Graebel Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Bill Graebel

Pros
  • There's so much opportunity for advancement here, and the company culture in most departments is very laid-back and inclusive (in 5 reviews)

• Make my own schedule (good work-life balance), company pays nice salary, benefits and auto-allowance and gas (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, pay 'freeze' that lasted 4 years until I left, blame rolls down hill until it hits someone with enough problems to be fired (in 6 reviews)

• Low pay, suspended 401k matching, nepotism (in 6 reviews)

1. Not a place for creative thinking or problem solving

Former Employee - Senior Relocation Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Relocation Consultant

I worked at Graebel

Pros

Reasonable health benefits and nice people work there.

Cons

must stay right in the little job description that you are hired to. Creative problem solving and out of the box thinking are not appreciated by your manager.

Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Graebel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Owner is family oriented

Cons

Too much upper level management. NO organization of training or support. Under staffed for the work load

Advice to Management

Not sure advancement is based off experience but merely salary and who you know

3. Okay place to work

I have been working at Graebel full-time

Pros

Pay is along industry standards. Bill Graebel is great owner.

Cons

Very top heavy. Everyone is a V.P. HR department needs some work. .

Advice to Management

Promote from within.

Upper management is out of touch

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Graebel full-time

Pros

Good benefits and job security.

Cons

Upper management is reactive, not pro-active. Excuses that "it's summer" don't sit well with overworked employees. Hire extra help for the summer or get a floating consultant and associate to help cover when people are on vacation. We aren't complaining to hear ourselves complain, we need help. COO visited recently and was not well received because of how he talked to us. Jokes in poor taste. The silos are huge around here. The operating system stinks! Super slow, constant problems.

Advice to Management

Do some no holds barred one-on-one skip levels and you might hear the truth about the managers. Lots of people are looking for other jobs and it's not a secret. Spend a full day doing our job, then you'll see.

6. Leadership is strong

Current Employee - Leadership in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Leadership in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Graebel full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Going thru some very desperately needed changes. Optimistic for new systems Strong and approachable leadetship, finally Great support from IT and HR Benefits are good You can make a difference, not beurcratic

Cons

Transition of sell is tiring New GVL is bitter and backstabbing Ride it out though - this will pass

Advice to Management

Thank you Ron for your leadership, and positive impact. We will get there just need to stay strong.

I just got my merit increase--wow

I have been working at Graebel

Pros

Some of your fellow employees who stick together will be great support, and some will immediately take you under their wing.

Cons

Let's talk about my "raise". I've put in a great deal of effort improving processes and making positive changes, sometimes at the cost of 11hr workdays. My "raise" was around 50 cents to the hour. Fifty cents. After we no longer have another branch (overhead) on payroll, our increases improved by a little over 20 cents since the previous year. What is this? 1970s? That isn't going to cover my $300+ monthly rent inflation. HR says they pay according to market wages. Please. Save yourself the trouble and find a better compensating, less demanding job. Benefits suck comparatively (high deductibles). I'm searching for another opportunity that can pay my bills.

Advice to Management

Consider the wages of your fellow peasants before getting into your nice cars

8. Great Conpany!

Current Employee - Relocation Associate in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Relocation Associate in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Graebel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary They promote within Friendly and exciting environment Good incentives Everybody is helpful They care about their employees Mon-Fri work week

Cons

No cons, I plan on being here for a while. If you are just looking for a job Graebel isn't the place for you. This is a great company to start a career with.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!

Individuals are great

I have been working at Graebel

Pros

The individuals that work here are some of the finest people I've ever known. Truly amazingly supportive.

Cons

The company on the other hand, doesn't seem to understand that just because one branch is slow doesn't mean that all of them are. Some of the branches are so busy that you have 1 person doing the work of 4 but only getting a fraction of the pay that someone in a different field doing the same type of work does. Also, the tech is woefully inadequate (but I understand that is changing soon). Also, if you are not well connected to the right people in this company the likelihood of moving up the ladder is almost nill.

Advice to Management

You have some great people here, show them by giving them the support they need.

Highly advise against working here

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Graebel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of overtime if you want - in fact some coworkers worked 80 hours per week, although not necessarily out of their own volition. Good foot in the door if you have 0 work experience. Many employees, if not most, were fresh out of college and likely had few other choices in companies. The young staff were friendly, although can be hard to break into cliques. Final pro is that I learned what a manager should NOT be like.

Cons

A whole new level of micro management. Back-stabbing and work politics are a norm as young employees attempt to impress unreasonable managers. Managers are immature and reactive, resulting in Graebel's high turn over rate, and create an extremely oppressive work culture. Graebel is a classic textbook case of an oppressive corporate culture with little value for work/life balance.

Communication?

Current Employee - Manager in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Graebel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

some happy people, who are REALLY good at what they do, who are eternally optimistic. company is currently experiencing a culture change, from a mom-pop, family-owned company, to a global relocation and commercial services company.

Cons

lack of accountability, lack of communication, especially from middle management, serious lack of managers to manage managers, but lots of VP's and SVP's, with limited or no management experience. multiple computer systems with little or no integration resulting in manual processes for everything. overly conservative business philosophy, especially with regard to finances, and how vendors are paid.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring/promoting upper management level people with direct reports (Director, Sr. Director, VP, SVP) who have NO people management experience or skills.

RSS Feed </> Embed