Graebel Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Bill Graebel

Pros
  • There's so much opportunity for advancement here, and the company culture in most departments is very laid-back and inclusive (in 5 reviews)

• Make my own schedule (good work-life balance), company pays nice salary, benefits and auto-allowance and gas (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, pay 'freeze' that lasted 4 years until I left, blame rolls down hill until it hits someone with enough problems to be fired (in 6 reviews)

• Low pay, suspended 401k matching, nepotism (in 6 reviews)

1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Graebel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, career opportunities, work life balance

Cons

I don't know of any cons at this point

2. Expanding Global Relocation Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Graebel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is led by their CEO, Bill Graebel, who is a passionate leader and well regarded in the global third party relocation service industry. Graebel recently divested of their van line and moving and storage division and appear to be well-positioned to expand their global footprint. This is a growing global third party relocation company with a youthful, diverse and international culture.

Cons

They are working through some organizational and leadership changes and transition work flow challenges resulting from the recent divestiture of their asset-based divisions.

Advice to Management

Prioritize strategic initiatives of the company to achieve goals and objectives. Develop business plans that are realistic and achievable.

Frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Graebel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Mgt is caring and flexible.

Cons

Employees complain incessantly. They haven't a clue what it takes or costs to run a business.

Advice to Management

Speak with those outwardly complaining. Offer them the door if they want to continue complaining.

Not a place for creative thinking or problem solving

Former Employee - Senior Relocation Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Relocation Consultant

Pros

Reasonable health benefits and nice people work there.

Cons

must stay right in the little job description that you are hired to. Creative problem solving and out of the box thinking are not appreciated by your manager.

6. Don't bother! Too many improvements needed!

Current Employee - Relocation Consultant in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Relocation Consultant in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Graebel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Executive team has a great vision of what they want GRAEBEL to be. Medical benefits are along side what most competitors offer, except the low & minimal contribution added to the 401K.

Cons

Primary point of contact within the HR group is not objective nor is she trained or educated on what the role entails and law that should be upheld. Operating/entry level management is not accountable for their actions. They do NOT voice the opinions of their team members and only are concerned with your success or failures when it hinders them. Asking questions or requesting clarification from your immediate supervisor and exploring creative solutions outside the box is not encouraged and will be considered a misuse of your time and later a reason for termination. Careful not to ruffle the feathers! Company takes to long to reward achievements or recognize excellence. Example 1: We are nearing the end of Q3 & yet to see the payout for Q2. Example 2: 2014 yearly bonuses which are based on ur overall ability to do the job did not get executed until 6/2015 and did not include retro pay. No one can provide a concrete answer, and they give you the run around-- eventually you just forget or get tired of the endless follow-up. No fair or equal operational standards. Cutting corners is rewarded. Overworked with ridiculous expectations and no support team. Very little assistance or coverage of ones responsibilities when out on PTO. Poor communication with essential 3rd party vendors. Too many VP's, SVP, Directors, etc.-- their functions and title change in a weekly basis so even if you had a question or needed something you would not know who to ask!

Advice to Management

Make decisions and execute them in a more timely manner. Train you staff and provide resources to your entry level management before hiring them into their new roles. Internal changes need to be executed in a manner that does not hinder those surrounding them. If you expect excellence and efficiency one must have a network that can help achieve that! The operating systems are ancient and can't keep up with the demands! If you expect 24/7 service provide the tools to the teams so they can meet the expectation.

Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Graebel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Owner is family oriented

Cons

Too much upper level management. NO organization of training or support. Under staffed for the work load

Advice to Management

Not sure advancement is based off experience but merely salary and who you know

Okay place to work

I have been working at Graebel full-time

Pros

Pay is along industry standards. Bill Graebel is great owner.

Cons

Very top heavy. Everyone is a V.P. HR department needs some work. .

Advice to Management

Promote from within.

Upper management is out of touch

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Graebel full-time

Pros

Good benefits and job security.

Cons

Upper management is reactive, not pro-active. Excuses that "it's summer" don't sit well with overworked employees. Hire extra help for the summer or get a floating consultant and associate to help cover when people are on vacation. We aren't complaining to hear ourselves complain, we need help. COO visited recently and was not well received because of how he talked to us. Jokes in poor taste. The silos are huge around here. The operating system stinks! Super slow, constant problems.

Advice to Management

Do some no holds barred one-on-one skip levels and you might hear the truth about the managers. Lots of people are looking for other jobs and it's not a secret. Spend a full day doing our job, then you'll see.

Leadership is strong

Current Employee - Leadership in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Leadership in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Graebel full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Going thru some very desperately needed changes. Optimistic for new systems Strong and approachable leadetship, finally Great support from IT and HR Benefits are good You can make a difference, not beurcratic

Cons

Transition of sell is tiring New GVL is bitter and backstabbing Ride it out though - this will pass

Advice to Management

Thank you Ron for your leadership, and positive impact. We will get there just need to stay strong.

I just got my merit increase--wow

Pros

Some of your fellow employees who stick together will be great support, and some will immediately take you under their wing.

Cons

Let's talk about my "raise". I've put in a great deal of effort improving processes and making positive changes, sometimes at the cost of 11hr workdays. My "raise" was around 50 cents to the hour. Fifty cents. After we no longer have another branch (overhead) on payroll, our increases improved by a little over 20 cents since the previous year. What is this? 1970s? That isn't going to cover my $300+ monthly rent inflation. HR says they pay according to market wages. Please. Save yourself the trouble and find a better compensating, less demanding job. Benefits suck comparatively (high deductibles). I'm searching for another opportunity that can pay my bills.

Advice to Management

Consider the wages of your fellow peasants before getting into your nice cars

RSS Feed </> Embed