Graebel
www.graebel.com Aurora, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Graebel Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Bill Graebel

Pros:
  • "Proposal volume is reasonable so writers not challenged with work life balance issues"
    in 4 reviews
  • "It is a great place with heart - the leadership team is amazing"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours, low pay, even if you are successful and committed you can be terminated over a petty grudge by managers"
    in 4 reviews
  • "pay a bit low and no COLAs, 401k matching, lack of accountability, poor training in some positions"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Exec team made great changes, knows when to change and stay leading edge, client focused

I have been working at Graebel full-time for more than a year

ProsBill Graebel is an amazing man and sets a great example for us all to follow - compassionate, personal, authertic. Everyone at this company is in "client centric" mode. It is not all about ifs, ands and buts. It is about getting the job done and do what is best for the client and transfering families. Independent work, no micro-management. Lots of camaraderie. I have worked at competitors where EVERYONE is complaining about work load all the time, andd sales is selling a heap of BS. Here a Manager will step in and take work off your plate without ever mentioning it again. You can admit your weaknesses and they will assist you, not chastise you. New hires and building up of International facilities and staff means huge growth opportunities for everyone. Winning lots of Industry wards for service quality. Things have changes in the last 3-5 years.....almost all for the better.

ConsStill some segmeting between areas of the Country, but there are no silos between operations and client services - which helps get things done asap. Some of the team changes are new, so everyone is getting used to being part of one whole Global team.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome together as divisions and areas, no need for segmenting. Focus on a global team mindset. Some managers always review their employees based on their strengths, and not much focus on the weaknesses that are dificult to change. That is a great confidence builder for employees. Tell everyone you appreciate them as much as you do.

Not much alternative for other jobs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Graebel

ProsWorked with good people my department

ConsBig turnover, always understaffed; heavy workload. No increases in years, retirement plan bad, poor, incmpleted training yet expected to do job 100%, sudden terminations, chances for advancement nothing; favoritism by management.

A great place to get started

Administrator (Former Employee)
Earth City, MO

I worked at Graebel part-time for less than a year

ProsThe tasks that you are faced with are often-times not complicated or complex. Staff is rather small, so you get to know everyone.

ConsThere is a lot of interaction with operations and warehouse employees, many of whom are undereducated and sometimes unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to constantly develop the skill sets of your employees and consider more closely monitoring employees for slacking and dis-function.

Very depressing environment and seemingly getting worse.

Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Graebel full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStill a good name in the industry. Nice office building, great location (easy access to / from 400) . (this is referring to the Alpharetta, GA office)

ConsI had heard about great opportunities, how it's a big "family" and rewarding. Not sure what is considered "family", but it's very depressing. There is massive distrust with management and the fake smiles that are seen as they walk through the office. Also, the constant backstabbing that seems to go on and the fact that some managers and others seemingly can come and go at will, while others get reprimanded for being 5 minutes late. Seemingly no plan for busy season (summer), again, and constant turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open with colleagues, whether the news is good for the long term or bad. There is so much tension within the teams and management it's truly depressing. This used to be a fantastic environment, but that changed about 1 1/2 years ago. Read these reviews and instead of reacting negatively and getting upset with people, use it to make as many changes as needed to bring this company back. Seemingly there are many people, managers included that are searching out new opportunities and are vocal about it. This should be a wake up call that ultimately something is not right. Just a thought, but perhaps one needs to look at leaders in the office and not blame us lower level employees. One simple change at the top could go a very long way. BF

Want to come back

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Graebel full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice family atmosphere. Worked with various teams. Everybody is very friendly and helpful.

ConsSome of the management is with their noses in the air, far from reality and everyday hustles. On the other hand, depending on the team, you can have the best manager ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time with the people who are actually doing the job so when you are making the decision you have a clue how it's impacting those below you.

Not great...not the worst

Senior Accounting Specialist (Former Employee)
Aurora, CO

I worked at Graebel full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent hours, not much overtime

ConsHome office is 80+% female employees.

A very caring, personalized company, always trying to do what is right for the employees, clients and assignees

I have been working at Graebel full-time for less than a year

ProsA "human" company with real feelings for the employees. Clients and assignee's come first, will go out of our way to assist, then fix any problem later. Servicing clients is our number one objective and we do a very good job of that. Give employee's ability to make decisions, empowered to take care of our customers

ConsHave same problems as other competitive companies, not unexpected but hoping to be more progressive than competitors to keep that edge.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can not give advice. Only to suggest that you keep on being "human" and open to suggestions and thoughts from employee's and clients. Let's keep on doing what we can to improve in every aspect of our business, giving employee's the right to make decisions and do their jobs.

New IT Leadership Making a Difference! Good Career Choice!

I have been working at Graebel full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNew technology - systems & hardware. lots of projects, opportunities to learn and grow. Management has your back, even if you make a mistake. Negative developers left. Just a reminder - we are NOT a software development company so if that is what you are looking for, Graebel is not the place for you. But we do develop, customize, and build. IT team is enabling business with technology - Finally!

ConsSome long-time, negative employees remain. They tend to bring down the morale. Complain they want changes, then complain when the changes happen. Status Quo is not acceptable with the new IT leadership, and the negative people make it not fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementIT Management - keep it up but get us more help. We want to do all the good things you have laid out, but we need more people to get it done.

Do not work here if you cant handle doing multiple jobs

ITS (Current Employee)

ProsDecent pay
PTO is good
Cool co-workers

ConsNo opportunity to grow in IT. Too top heavy, way too many SVP's of nothing. The old timers are like Kings here. Terrible IT management that treats their employee's badly. Raises do not happen, unless you transfer positions. People are constantly doing 2 or 3 peoples jobs and moral is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of SVP's and VP's that were given the title so they could get a raise.

Great company.

Customer Service Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Graebel full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat support from upper management

ConsTakes some time to move up.

Worked for Graebel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Graebel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Graebel CEO Bill Graebel. All 58 reviews posted anonymously by Graebel employees.