Graebel

www.graebel.com

Graebel Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Bill Graebel

Pros
  • Proposal volume is reasonable so writers not challenged with work life balance issues (in 4 reviews)

• There's so much opportunity for advancement here, and the company culture in most departments is very laid-back and inclusive (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, pay 'freeze' that lasted 4 years until I left, blame rolls down hill until it hits someone with enough problems to be fired (in 5 reviews)

• Staff is really stretched and the low morale is a reflection of over-stressed employees (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Absolutely a wonderful employer!

ProsExcellent career growth potential and professional development opportunities.

ConsI absolutely love the company - no cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you're doing --

Don't expect too much, or anything really

Driver (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThe best coworkers you could ever hope for. Friendly rivalry between long term employees at different offices. An amazing work experience if you get into office moving, instead of household.

Conslong hours, pay 'freeze' that lasted 4 years until I left, blame rolls down hill until it hits someone with enough problems to be fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions come with pay increases. Going from a mover to a driver should come with one! You have to give us time in the morning to do drivers logs, or we won't do them and rack of fines for the company. Get your managers moved out of positions where they can hold a grudge and for gods sake if you're going to interview internal employees for a position, HIRE FROM WITHIN.

Don't bother

Expense (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsSadly there aren't any. Beats unemployment for some I guess.

ConsToo many to list. Low pay, low employee morale, disingenuous managers and co-workers.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Choose which department you work for wisely

Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsThe people relationships you can make are very rewarding. It is not promoted to work or talk with other departments very well but if you choose to these relationships can be long lasting even if you are no longer working there.

ConsThis company is all about who you know to get where you are. It doesn't matter if you can do the job or are even deserving of doing the job. As long as you know someone up the ladder you will get the job. The accounting team was wiped out because of this specific thing. Otherwise promotions are non-existent. Compensation is horrible as is the pay. The leadership is horrible and has no idea how to relate or even talk with the normal worker at Graebel.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not put people in a position of power when they have not proven themselves or have ever been in that field before.

I enjoy the work and the hours even if it is not a lot of money.

ProsI like the 15 days PTO every year.

ConsCoworkers lack the ability to speak in grammatically correct sentences.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the long term employees who refuse to care anymore and hire fresh people who will.

Office atmosphere

Interstate Invoicer (Current Employee) Wausau, WI

ProsClean organized office, supervisors are close by. Can get overtime to increase your personal take home pay.

ConsVery clicky and too much drama, office pets. Don't get involved. Truth never told by supervisors, kept in dark, just make your numbers and go home. Human resources can not be trusted. Don't complain or you are let go.

Offers work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wausau, WI

Proslaid back work environment and flexible when it comes to family related issues

Consfinding enough drivers for the busy season

Advice to Senior Managementmore leadership and management training for their people

General Warehouse Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood group of people to work with

ConsSome extremely long days. Not uncommon to work until 9PM.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake scheduling more stable.

Good Company with some issues.

Driver (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsEveryone needs a job to live. Why else work.

ConsThe work provided is inconsistent making it hard to stay with the company during off-peak seasons

Advice to Senior ManagementHire drivers as salaried or hourly employees with 40 hr minimums and hire temps for peak seasons

Wonderful company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsExcellent career growth potential. The company takes time to invest in their employees. Competitive pay and benefits. Telecommuting options for some positions, definitely a perk. Full gym onsite. Opportunities to work overseas are available.

ConsCorporate location is pretty far from the city. Operations runs very lean, which can lead to working a lot of hours with many different hats. A small handful of entrenched, long-term senior leaders can be difficult to convince with new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a mentorship program to help develop the next crop of executive leaders.

Worked for Graebel? Contribute to the Community!