Graham Central Station

CEO

1. Place closed in 2014

Current Employee - Bartender in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Bartender in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Graham Central Station (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of variety! It was a fun atmosphere with 4 clubs under one roof.

Cons

Management was not good at times

2. Management and corporate are horrible.

Former Employee - DISC JOCKEY
    Former Employee - DISC JOCKEY

Pros

Overall my corporate DJ was the best guy in the company, he did all he could for me. Pay is good, it's pretty idiot proof.

Cons

manager will sleep with all females in order for them to get promotions. corporate throws a female only party once a year, with only male management in attendance. Rookie shot girls, just have to sleep with the boss or have some decent cleavage and will be moved up almost immediately.

Advice to Management

My advice to both management and corporate is the same. Stop getting rid of whistle blowers. realize that you are outdated, and take the handcuffs on your employees. We can only do so much. When Corporate is 80 years old, and think they know what 21 year olds want, you are lying to yourself. Management STOP SLEEPING WITH YOUR EMPLOYEES.

3. Poor treatment of employees

Former Employee - Alley Cat in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Alley Cat in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Graham Central Station part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Graham's as an "Alley Cat" in the karaoke bar. I have to admit that singing and dancing for a job was pretty fun. However, this was really the only upside.

Cons

The management treats their employees terribly. Terrible pay (minimum wage, and you can't get tips unless you're a bartender or shot girl) and long hours are just the beginning of it. We were treated like children, and scare tactics were used to try and get us to work harder. The head manager was an angry, middle aged man who never spoke to any of the employees, just sat in the back office and watched us on surveillance cameras. Apparently he did speak to one of the 22 year old bartenders, as they were sleeping together. All in all, a gross place to work.

Advice to Management

Professionalism. Fair treatment of employees. Fair wages. You might actually retain employees that way.

5. Enjoyable place to work, as a 2nd job

Former Employee - Floor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Floor in Austin, TX

I worked at Graham Central Station full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees are one of the few reasons to stay

Cons

Horrible pay No chance for advancement required club cleaning @ less then minimum wage

Advice to Management

2 years of working there as a floor "guy"(bouncer) and never received a raise or a chance for advancement.

6. Great learning experience!

Former Employee - Bartender in Pflugerville, TX
    Former Employee - Bartender in Pflugerville, TX

Pros

Getting to know customers and co-workers has created a sense of family within GCS.

Cons

Many of the staff and bartenders out last the management.

Advice to Management

Be open minded to new ways of dealing with situations as the time changes and call for a different approach.

RSS Feed </> Embed