Graham Central Station

Enjoyable place to work, as a 2nd job

Floor (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Graham Central Station full-time for more than a year

ProsFellow employees are one of the few reasons to stay

ConsHorrible pay
No chance for advancement
required club cleaning @ less then minimum wage

Advice to Senior Management2 years of working there as a floor "guy"(bouncer) and never received a raise or a chance for advancement.

Poor treatment of employees

Alley Cat (Former Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Graham Central Station part-time for less than a year

ProsI worked at Graham's as an "Alley Cat" in the karaoke bar. I have to admit that singing and dancing for a job was pretty fun. However, this was really the only upside.

ConsThe management treats their employees terribly. Terrible pay (minimum wage, and you can't get tips unless you're a bartender or shot girl) and long hours are just the beginning of it. We were treated like children, and scare tactics were used to try and get us to work harder. The head manager was an angry, middle aged man who never spoke to any of the employees, just sat in the back office and watched us on surveillance cameras. Apparently he did speak to one of the 22 year old bartenders, as they were sleeping together. All in all, a gross place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfessionalism. Fair treatment of employees. Fair wages. You might actually retain employees that way.

Great learning experience!

Bartender (Former Employee)
Pflugerville, TX

I worked at Graham Central Station

ProsGetting to know customers and co-workers has created a sense of family within GCS.

ConsMany of the staff and bartenders out last the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open minded to new ways of dealing with situations as the time changes and call for a different approach.

Worked for Graham Central Station? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Graham Central Station reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Graham Central Station employees.