Grand Marketing

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great First Career Position

Former Employee - Entry-Level Representative  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Entry-Level Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Grand Marketing has a great atmosphere. Not your typical office (they actually allowed color on the walls, no cubicles, and current music- not elevator musc) but that made it more enjoyable. Lots of energy and a close group of employees. They taught me a lot about business and what it means to work hard to get where you want to be. I took what I learned and started my own company.

Cons

It was a little intimidating coming in since they were all so close. The first few weeks were overwhleming due to the large amount of information I learned.

Spend more time with new employees.

They will lie to your face. Don't believe these positive reviews.

Former Employee - Hired for Management, Baited and Switched for Sales  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Hired for Management, Baited and Switched for Sales in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

On the plus side, I wasted a week of my time with this company that I could have spent doing something meaningful.

Cons

This company lied to me directly not only about the work I would be doing, but the product itself. They are always doing some new door-to-door sales work, whether it be AT&T or their off-brand Entertainment books. At the time, it was off-brand Entertainment books. I went about all day selling these books door-to-door when a customer explained to me how the books not the great deal I was told they were. I was told by the company, and head been telling others all day, that the coupons in the books worked like "free money," and "exactly like a gift card." In reality, the opposite was true. A customer explained to me how difficult the "gift cards" were to use, and how expensive they were.

Bottom line: Grand Marketing Biz lied to me about the job, the product, and the 5 star reviews of them on this website are lies as well, posted by management. Don't believe a word.

NEVER work for this company, and warn your friends.

Become an honest company.

Best opportunity for advancement I've had

Current Employee - Entry-Level Account Manager  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Entry-Level Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

I love that I can expand my knowledge of business. It beats working retail at minimum wage or just reading textbooks. It's good to be someplace where my work is recognized.

Cons

I can't just skate by like in other jobs. I actually have to put in effort which I haven't had to do in a while (retail, etc.). It was a little bit of a shock to go from having few standards to having high standards.

Keep up the good work! You've been a great mentor.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

This company has only been open for a year and a half and has expanded twice. They are constantly promoting more managers and have opprotunity for management in Grand Rapids and outside the state. I read some negative reviews and was hesitant to interview with them, but after 8 weeks here i am in love with the place

Cons

Just like most companies not everyone gets promoted. It is a competative environment and to move up you really have to outwork most everyone else.

Continue to do what you're doing, i am excited for the future here. Thank you for the position and the ability to finally move up in a company

It was the best learning and working environment I've been in.

Former Employee - Account Representative  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

I'll admit that I was hesistant when I first heard about Grand Marketing. When I searched the company less than great reviews came up but I decided to go to the interview anyways. I'm glad I did. They answered all my questions honestly and even addressed the reviews that almost made me not show in the first place. I was impressed that they didn't let it get to them.

Cons

Like most things worth having in life, there are sacrifices that have to be made. The hours here can be long. That's the only negative I can think of. Since the hours lead to faster promotions and growth I can't complain too bad.

Worked for Grand Marketing? Contribute to the Community!