Grand River Reviews

13 reviews filtered by
4.1
CEO

1. Great place to work, great people, great culture

I worked at Grand River full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Culture and a true compassion about both employees and clients. Executive management was very involved and kept a finger on the pulse of what people needed to be successful. Very motivated to create a great working environment.

Cons

Resources were scarce at times. Many people were promoted, but were not able to focus on new role as they were still responsible for previous job.

Keep listening to your employees. Continue to survey clients. Without either, things will get tough.

2. Excellent atmosphere, rapid growth, supportive management, and competent teams make GRI a great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Grand River full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The folks are top notch. That is really the most important part. Few other institutions I've been involved with have a comparable culture that combines excellence and supportiveness. The organization values good employees and promotes a work-hard/play-hard ethic.

Cons

High expectations can be demanding. Rapid growth leads to frequent changes in procedures as the company tries to adapt to new challenges and to improve processes.

3. Constant turn-over

I have been working at Grand River full-time

Pros

Employees are knowledgeable and work very hard.
    Tech leads are great at looking into new innovative techniques.

Cons

Management spends a lot of time trying to improve things but never really gets that they need to work on that too.
    Turnover is stressful for everyone.

Stop paying lip-service and actually reward loyal hard-working employees. People will stay if they truly believe they're appreciated.

5. Fun, energetic and passionate group of people to work with

I worked at Grand River full-time

Pros

Fun projects to work on, great people to work with, competitive salary, and flexibility

Cons

Scoping of projects sometimes causes budget and timeline issues. Some departments are under resourced.

6. A company that cares and puts the capital F in Fun!

I have been working at Grand River full-time (more than a year)

Pros

While there is unfettered wit and fun that is constantly cutting loose around the office, the teams are serious about rollin' up their collective sleeves in order to create awesome customer experiences and client engagements.

The client base is diverse and offers some of the most interesting projects I've been a part of!

No one talks in terms of the faceless "resources" and management cares passionately about people.

I feel like I can make a difference thanks to the openness and values of the company.

Cons

Coming from other agency jobs, in comparison, I haven't had anything to date I'd categorize as a con.

7. Great team, innovative company and cool clients!

I have been working at Grand River full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Grand River is flexible and the people are very hardworking. I enjoy coming to work.

Cons

Fast paced - still working on managing growth successfully.

Keep focusing on client satisfaction and employee retention. I really enjoy the culture, opportunity to learn and being innovative at the same time.

8. A+, a great place to work

I have been working at Grand River full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Work hard, play hard atmosphere
    - Incredible talent on staff, including (and especially) the leadership
    - A perfect balance between professionalism and fun
    - Management is constantly looking for better ways to accomplish the end goal: SUCCESS! Success for employees, clients, and every project we work on.

Cons

- Not really a "con", but be prepared to be very flexible and adaptive to change, as this small company is always implementing new ways to improve.

- Keep the focus and attention on your employees: the continuation of office fun, the review process, and the work/life balance. Your staff is your greatest asset - make sure they know that every day. Keep up the great work!

9. Great people to work with both internal and on the client side.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Grand River full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love problem solving with clients and internal project teams. GRI has a very positive and collaborative work culture.

Cons

GRI is a growing company so some days require a high amount of adaptability. If you don't like change, then you will not enjoy working at GRI.

10. Innovative, fun environment with challenging, strategic work

I have been working at Grand River full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Ownership over your role...great opportunity to guide your career in the direction you want to take it and make the most out of your role.

- Great team and culture...a fun, collaborative environment where you can foster personal and professional relationships. You will deliver quality work while enjoying the time and people spent doing it with.

- Transparent Leadership...very open with us in discussing the direction and goals of the business, how we're trending toward those goals, and what's in our future as an organization.

- Family Oriented...a very flexible and understanding organization that is supportive of work/life balance and understands the importance of family needs. They work hard to accommodate life circumstances and to be there for you personally and professionally.

- Innovative Approach...we are continuously assessing our processes, as well as new trends and technologies, and how that can change/enhance our approach, delivery, and overall client success and satisfaction.

- Ideation Sharing/Communication...you are encouraged to share your ideas and make suggestions for improvements, and those suggestions are always seriously weighed. Additionally, there is an open-communication practice with no bureaucratic red tape to walk through...you can go to who you need, when you need them, and have the freedom to talk about whatever you need to.

- Growth Opportunity...in your role and as an industry professional. There is encouragement to challenge yourself in your position and how to take it to the next level; to be involved in the industry, to continuously be a student, and to continue to succeed in your career path.

Cons

As a smaller organization, there are more limited resources than you see in a bigger organization. As a result of this, it impacts ability to do things, but Grand River is invested in doing everything that they can to see their team members, and the company as a whole, succeed. As we continue to grow, so do our initiatives and resources. It all comes with time.

Continue the great work! Keep focusing on employee growth and development, enhancing processes, and driving us towards the next level as an organization.

11. A fun, comfortable and challenging environment

I have been working at Grand River full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is great - Grand River has a an awesome team mentality and you always feel welcome. In addition, client work ranges dramatically, so there's always a great amount of diversity in your work.

Cons

Given its size (not quite a "big" company) the company is trying to grow in the best possible way. In this growth and period of defining the company and its success, teams and processes change several times in a year. The good thing here is that the company is trying to be successful and grow in a good direction, but it has its negatives.