Granite Services

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Granite Services President Robert Tullman

Robert Tullman

Excellent company

Commissioning Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Granite Services full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent company to work for, great opportunity to excels, It was 10 years of hard working environment, great potential for young person

Consbetter team coordination, better structure, too much early advancement for young and inexperience, too much buddy buddy leadership. Advancement should based on the maturity and leadership ability along with knowledge. Leaders must separated them self from the team they lead during after duty hours.

Management is unprofessional and clueless of the work performed in the logistics office.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Granite Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWeekly pay, great benefits, excellent time off plan from starting day.

ConsIf you have issues with management you can almost guarantee your professional work will not overcome the personal opinion of management. Once you are labeled a problem or person who stands up for themselves you will always be a target.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuilding company moral would be very beneficial to helping secure contracts and additional responsibility. HR and management are not there to resolve employee issues, most concerns are swept under the rug and a lot if decisions are made on personal basis not professional achievements.

Challenging work environment with team-like organizational culture.

Operations (Former Employee)

I worked at Granite Services full-time

ProsLearn about the energy industry, improve on objective work practices and working with little supervision, support staff bonuses. Utilize high-end software and database applications.

ConsCompany may have grown too fast, no real extensive tasks and procedures to follow, particularly for the most important business aspect - purchase orders/billing. Support staff salary is half that of middle management, yet support staff is expected to guide management through established task and procedures. Employees are required to take vacation within the year or lose the hours accrued.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor any strategic planning, look to the end user (entry level staff) for guidance.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Generous wholly owned affiliate of GE hiring contractors.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Schenectady, NY

I worked at Granite Services full-time for more than a year

ProsIndependent work environment. Fair pay. Great benefits include, medical, dental, eye, life, 401K match, as well as other packages. The employee contribution was minimal compared to past employers. In conjunction with GE, the company provides employee with annual review. HR representative is on site in case someone is in need of assistance.

ConsPosition is not permanent (contractor status). There's no feeling that you're part of a company team. Departure policy dictates they cannot provide references to anyone. When hired for a one year term, the maximum extension you can get is another 6-months (18-months total). After which, you MUST take a 3-month layoff before being considered for rehire. No promises on rehire.

Starts off nice, then they destroy you

Technical Advisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Granite Services as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsTravel everywhere, competitive pay. Good work experience. Get a lot of rewards for flying with the same brand and staying in the same hotel chains.

ConsEveryone is on an annual contract. At a moments notice Granite can stop this contract and say sorry, no more pay. Only come to Granite if desperate for a job. Always look for another job while hired on. Granite only sees you as a number, when they need to save a dollar they will throw you away. You will never feel part of a team. If you get an hourly contract they will stop working you when you get close to those hours. Just remember, they don't care about you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more loyal to your employees. They are the ones making the billions for your company only so you can throw them to the curb.

Overall a great company

Senior Level III Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Granite Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat place to start-up
Management was mostly military so they have a good head on their shoulders
Pay is very competitive
Matching 401K
Great benefits

ConsExtensive travel. Great if you are single, not so much if you have a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Six years of global experience

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Granite Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMacro management, allowed to self plan and execute.

ConsPoor HR, poor service management.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage more with employees and conduct performance reviews on time.

No upward mobility, no employee support

Logistics Analyst (Current Employee)
Marietta, GA

I have been working at Granite Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI have nothing good I can say about this company. They seem to delight in trying to pound square pegs into round holes.

ConsNo upward mobility, no employee support, no growth potential at all.

Nice Work environment

I have been working at Granite Services full-time

ProsFlexible work environment, excellent team coordination, Good value to employees personal life. Good exposure in IT environment.

ConsLimited resources and scope for IT team to grow big.

Variable Workforce Company

I have been working at Granite Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHas some good people especially people that specialize in fields like materials management or logistics.

ConsThere pretty much is no structured career path. You're pretty much a part of a variable workforce working on GE projects until you get laid off or decide to quit.

Worked for Granite Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Granite Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Granite Services CEO Robert Tullman. All 46 reviews posted anonymously by Granite Services employees.