Granite Telecommunications

www.granitenet.com

Granite Telecommunications Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Rob Hale Jr.

Pros
  • If you work hard, there is room for advancement and you will be able to find the right place for yourself in the company (in 3 reviews)

• There's lots of great people there (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Monday morning meetings to worship the guy who thinks he's the high school prom king (in 8 reviews)

• Management-- especially upper management-- does not understand the carrot and stick reward system (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Ok- If this is your first job...

Premier Account Analyst (Current Employee) Quincy, MA

ProsThere's lots of great people there. They occasionally shower employees with bonuses for meeting company goals, as well as providing free in-house gym and building their business right next to the train station to facilitate those who commute to work.

ConsDespite being old enough to have achieved some level of maturity, they seem insultingly unorganized, and pay is TERRIBLE when compared against the amount of work you will be doing, and the expectations to which you are expected to fulfill.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider focusing more on processes, improving pay and taking broadband seriously.

Better than most...

Rebill Carrier Services (Current Employee) Quincy, MA

ProsThe place is a good stepping stone... put it up against other entry level jobs like state St or blue cross and granite pays a little better... plus the leadership at least knows you and there's opportunity to move up... you may be a cog in the machine but at least they know your model number

ConsThey put waaay too much faith in this intelligence test they give out after the interview... The company also takes somewhat more of an active role in your health... However the food in the cafe is still horrible

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are so many meetings... we absolutely don't need to waste as much time as we are currently

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A Great Stepping Stone

ProsGranite supports its community and gives back to its employees. If you work hard, there is room for advancement and you will be able to find the right place for yourself in the company. A great stepping stone for recent college graduates looking for a place to start a career in corporate. If you take advantage of the experience, the skills you learn here can help you in the next twenty years of your career.

ConsOffice culture can be stressful for recent graduates who have unrealistic expectations of the world after college. Management styles vary among supervisors, some very positive, some very negative. Many say there is an "atmosphere of fear" at Granite but if you work hard, you'll be recognized for it and have that job security. Be prepared for work taking priority in work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management could benefit from leadership courses. Mentor your new employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I forgot how horrible this place was....blocked it out!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Quincy, MA

ProsNONE. I assume some people were nice. We weren't allowed to talk. If you even dare start to ask how someone is, the manager walks over and reprimands everyone. IT'S THAT INSANE!

ConsWhere do I start? In no particular order:

1. The sick and twisted management style - EVERYONE has to work 8-5 and lunch from 12-1. On a call with a customer until 12:15? Too bad, so sad. You have to take 45 minutes.

2. As a result of #1, unless you bring a lunch, you are in line with everyone else, choking down your meal so you can clock in at 1pm SHARP! Not 12:59.....you will get spoken to.

3. Ever seen about 1,000 people stampede out of a non burning building? 5pm at Granite. I'm talking elbows in the stairs, elevators annoyingly full, cars screeching out of the parking lot, almost hitting the employees walking to the T.

4. Dress Code is monitored like a creepy over-protective step-father.

5. And just like everyone else said, the Nazi style Monday morning meetings where if the sun is blinding you in the window, too bad. Can't touch the blinds.....

THIS PLACE IS SO INSANE! Do not work here!!! I was new to the area and tricked by a staffing agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are seriously the most disturbed place I have ever walked into.......

Great Growth in Finance Org!

Product Pricing (Current Employee) Quincy, MA

ProsManagement cares about employees. New benefits. Clear goals. Really good upper management in my department. You can grow quickly if you ask questions and have motivation.

ConsPunching into etime. Didn't like the reading for team meetings at first but learned to like it.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency in management. Wish all supervisors were like the director and cared like she does. I want a growth path.

not my favorite job

Customer Support (Former Employee) Quincy, MA

Prosit was close by home

Consno real training, just straight phone call complaints all day, they charge 3$ to wear casual clothing

Great if you want to work for their sales department but they don't seem to care about any others.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat environment and always doing something for charities, etc.

ConsVery Strict, written up for being 3 minutes late as if it was school or a sweat shop. They give extra days off on holiday weekends as "rewards" which is nice- unless you do the math and realize the company owner just made a couple hundred thousand dollars off the goal and we got an extra Friday afternoon off.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees equally. It’s not just the sales department that makes the company run, its team work and everyone together. Sales reps make great commissions and such, which they have earned. Other employees have also earned raises and bonuses which they never see.

Awful just awful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfree water and free gym

Conshelicopter supervisors, egotistical owners, extremely strict rules, jobs require no experience, list goes on and on

Advice to Senior Managementget your head out of your rear ends

I wish I could give zero stars

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsThere literally are none the growth people keep claiming is small amounts of money maybe 1-3k total per raise and there are only two steps to move to. So if you like maxing out at 45k be my guest and also people saying "this is a stepping stone"...to what? You are not learning any skills to take to another company this is not making you more marketable if anything it is wasting time that you could be learning valuable skills right after college.

ConsAll the sales managers up to the CEO are absolute jokes and just lie to you about making money there. There have every pep talk in the book about people making money but at the end of the day people are only making money off of existing accounts that they have had for years this new business they talk about isn't true so if you think you are going to be getting rich like they tell you then you're wrong. I have never seen morale at a company be so bad almost suicidal. People count down to the second when the day ends and run out the door however if you leave at 4:59 and someone catches you there is a good chance you will be fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to people...and if you don't want to do that then at least train people about your sales and what you are selling instead of hiring a ton of glorified appointment setters.

Not a Good Company to work for

Premier Account Analyst (Current Employee) Quincy, MA

ProsGreat Co-workers. There is not much positive thing to say

ConsThe CEO is always walking around and looking over your shoulder.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some help regarding orientation

Worked for Granite Telecommunications? Contribute to the Community!