Grant Associates

Updated Jun 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dale Grant

VPs are great but the director and managers of one of the newest centers somehow block you to get to them

Anonymous (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexibility. When upper management can, they work with you. Just be honest with them. The workers are great but sadly micro management and the director doesn't see that.

ConsThe director forgets she is a director and not a dictator. She knows nothing but somehow never let's your voice be heard.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the "line staff". And stop brushing issues under the rug. Don't take care of issues that only is if your convenience.

Disorganized and Corrupt

Account Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNew hires - you are often moved by their enthusiasm and idealism

ConsThe company's funder is incompetent and there is absolutely no structure or support. Management style is no management; miscommunication is the norm. The ultimate irony is that they talk about numbers constantly but they can't even keep their books or records straight. Nor does anyone listen to rational suggestions about increasing productivity.

The sector centers are ruled by nepotism and corruption. They rely on new people to drive up sales, burn them out with a crippling, humiliating, and dehumanizing bureaucratic system, and the vultures will rise and pick up the fruit of others' labor. Stay away from this company at all cost.

Advice to Senior ManagementShut down your centers altogether as the contracts are set up for failure.

Trail by Fire

Account Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsClever and fun coworkers
    Flexibility and change
    Growth for those who survive

ConsFine print and uncontrollable factors that prevent staff from being fairly paid
    Overwhelmed, unapproachable benefits and payroll departments
    Chaotic shark work environment; no structure or support

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great team, horrible management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe team was great, very rewarding place to work as far as mission, training opportunities, lots of experiences to try, opportunities for lateral moves

ConsManagement was terrible, poor communication, lots of turnover, very stressful environment, compensation packages kept changing, little to no recognition for performers, they do not treat their staff well

Advice to Senior ManagementPriorities are very unclear: Managers would say one thing but do another. Very little opportunity for staff to voice their ideas and concerns - they do not seem to be a part of the decision making process. Management did not seem to trust the staff, and it was obvious. No clear company direction and very poor confidence in the company vision.

Love my co-workers

ProsBase pay is reasonable and workload is manageable. People I work with are awesome.

ConsProcesses are always changing and can cause stress at times. Always playing catch up

Extremely unprofessional company managed and operated like a lemonade stand

Account Manager (Current Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsBy luck of the draw they have hired some smart & fun people (non managers)

ConsEverything! From malicious senior VP's to incompetent middle managers this place is the epitome of unprofessionalism. It's shoddy operations are only surpassed by the level of corruption that exists within the company. Absolutely no form of structure exists at Grant Associates. Employees aren't respected, every center is run by their respective cliques and the level of bias exerted against outsiders who dare to complain about those cliques is unimaginable.
    This place is operated under the buddy system, HR is clueless so most concerns are simply ignored and since it's a bunch of friends managing their pals, complaints seldom make it to HR.
    Definitely not a place for a career. If you're looking for a job to make ends meet, go for it; just know what you're getting into, otherwise avoid working there at all cost. This place is downright pervasive & insidious.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees. Revamp your business practices. Restructure your centers by putting competent people in charge instead of spineless puppets that you can easily manipulate into carrying out your perverse objectives.

unfortunately, simply a bad place for those with real career ambitions

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe work hours are easy, and they ask for simple things, however it seems like they are looking for "yes" people

ConsThis company is basically a "fly by night" operation that ran great for a while when they were able to get around all the absurd "regulations" their incompetent city funders put on them. Unfortunately this is even worse since this company is managed by an esoteric group of semi shady professionals that constantly change bonus structures, lie in your face and try to butter you with words about professionalism and careers. if you try to speak you mind, they'll hate you, if you don't say anything and contribute insane numbers to their contract bidding goals, they'll hate you, and they say they don't want to "micro manage" because they simply don't manage at all. just to illustrate company's culture, the annual picnic consisted of employees sitting on benches in Central Park, with a little food that rats wouldn't eat.
    They have One of their managers in their largest center walking around in flip flops and screaming like she's in her living room, and just in general it seems like a combination between episodes of "Park and Recreation" and "The Office", only this isn't actually funny.

Advice to Senior ManagementHard to say because having spoken to them on several occasions, I realized they really have no interest in being a real, professional company and it seems their just trying to squeeze out the city contract they're funded by until they get shut down.

Catty

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong believers of promoting from within

ConsThe Account Management team is extremely "catty" so to speak- they will do anything to back stab their colleagues. I understand they're getting paid on commission so they need to be competitive, but I've worked at staffing agencies where employees are not nearly as cut throat as they are at this company.

GOOD

ProsPay Was good, But could have been better.

ConsManagement could be better for sure.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN

It was fun until ORACLE came to ruin everything.

Lead Generator (Current Employee) Queens Village, NY

ProsGreat atmosphere. Very friendly & upbeat. Most workers come from a retail industry background & have the personality to match it.

ConsIt's salary + commission so obv. you will see people trying to put one another.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to interns. They are more valuable than you think. If incentive is told for a given period, stay true to your word.

Worked for Grant Associates? Contribute to the Community!