Grant Thornton UK LLP

Grant Thornton UK LLP CEO Scott Barnes

Scott Barnes

Great Company

Assurance Intern (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

Pros- High level of commitment to developing employees
    - Work/Life balance is much better than other public accounting firms

Cons- Apart of the assurance practice, long hours, difficult tasks, steep learning curve

Auditr Assistant (Current Employee) Miami, FL

Prosexcellent company and excellent work environment, international recognition and provides professional services and tax experts and management controls

ConsVery bad employed salary price

Advice to Senior Managementexcellent company and excellent work environment, international recognition and provides professional services and tax experts and management controls

long hours, not a company that cares about you

Audit Associate (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Prosgood pay, benefits, flex days (sometimes)

Conslong hours, burnt out coworkers

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people so that everyone doesn't have to work really long hours

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

senior associate

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsGreat networking, many different federal opportunities

Consnot much room for growth

Advice to Senior Managementbe fair to all employees, regardless of promotion years

Advisory associate at GT

Senior Associate (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsGT had a structured system for providing feedback to employees and development opportunities.

ConsThere was very little opportunity for 360 degree feedback within the organization, and the group structure seemed to constantly evolve and change with partnership changes.

Company of two halves - fee earners and non-fee earners

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsIf you're an accountant you're well looked after with great jollies and offsites
    Free fruit every morning in London
    Flexible working - work in any other office around the UK and the IT is well set up for it
    Organised for new starters - laptop and Blackberry were there on day 1

ConsPA and secretarial staff are often looked down upon by senior (very often male) colleagues and their career progression isnt viewed the same

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat staff more equally

A very different approach: feel empowered and trusted

Senior Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsIt is a values-led place; and some really great people. The investment in personal development and supporting flexibility to let you be a 'whole person' with a life and family is great. I love the new direction (last couple of years) toward thinking bigger for our clients and looking beyond finance to business. Exciting time.

ConsBusyness. There seems to be a belief that it is important to have time to think. It doesn't always translate into actually having that time!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep taking the path you are. Don't change direction, I think you are onto something really different in the market.

Coming up on 24 great years

Partner (Current Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsCombination of brilliant colleagues, great clients, autonomy and support.

ConsOccasional little niggles as anywhere, although on balance never for long.

Great place to work

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible working helps me as I have children and working from home is just as easy as working in the office. The people are very friendly, partners care about their staff and it doesn't feel like a big corporation, it feels, as it should, as a partnership.

ConsI work in an area that is sometimes forgotten by the firm, as its non fee earning, and we probably don't get the credit we deserve from the rest of the firm. The partners/directors within the non fee earning teams do realise this and will certainly go out of their way to make sure that good work is awarded.

Number 1 place to work as an intern

Property Tax Intern (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsPartners sit amongst us (no separate offices) so they are very approachable and friendly. A lot of responsibility from early in your career with guidance from 'buddies' so you don't feel too pressured. Pay is very comparable to similar firms. Many opportunities to impress management by doing mandatory intern presentations. Social life is also incredible!! Training facility 'Bradenham' is top notch.

ConsHours are slightly longer than in industry. Also no dress down Friday in the Euston office which isn't a massive issue but would be nice to have. Can see an issue of progressing to an assistant manager position if working in a small team.

Worked for Grant Thornton UK LLP? Contribute to the Community!