Grantham University

10 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Wonderful work environment

Current Employee - Program Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Grantham University full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Challenging, friendly, and outgoing co-workers made going to work daily both enjoyable and an adventure.

Cons

Lack of communication from the administrative office to the IT team caused many problems and unnecessary challenges to my team and our entire group.

Avoid

Former Contractor - Adjunct in Kansas City, MO
    Former Contractor - Adjunct in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Grantham University as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am not sure about the pros with working for Grantham University. From what I have noticed, there is a lot of administrative turnover at this company, which is never good. I classify this place as a company, since they really demonstrate through their actions that they are really a "for profit" school and nothing more.

Cons

They overwork you, very little support. An adjunct instructor that has 5-10 different courses at once is not going to be very effective managing them.

At Grantham, it is all about the bottom line and student retention. They really give "for profit" schools a bad name

Increase your standards. If you are really out to help students gain knowledge with a valuable degree, prove it.

Turnover is extensive and senior management remains aloof to issue affecting employees

Former Employee - Instructor in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Instructor in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Grantham University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are excellent and helpful

Cons

Senior management is very poor. Tremendous turnover and firings predominate this institution. Everyone is an at will employee with no due process rights found in other institutions of higher learning.

Worst experience ever

Current Employee - Director in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Director in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Grantham University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced and learned a lot. They hire a Lot of skilled people then pummel them. The benefits are good.

Cons

The firm has no strategy or cascading goals and objectives. It is the most Balkanized organization I have ever worked for. Staff are told what to do instead of establishing mutually agreed upon objectives.

Grow up! Open the books of the classes we teach about organizational behaviors!!! Otherwise you will keep losing good employees.

The best place to work!

Former Employee - Financial Aid Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Grantham University full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Knowledgeable management. Great environment all over.

Cons

Flexibility of scheduled hours was limited to 8-5 or 9-6.

n/a

My experience has been mixed at Grantham University.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Grantham University full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is fairly young and still growing.

Cons

Grantham has unusually poor benefits.

Develop a better benefits plan.

Power Tripping

Former Contractor - Temporary Helpdesk Technician in Kansas City, MO
    Former Contractor - Temporary Helpdesk Technician in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Grantham University as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent manager. 1 hour break for lunch. Employees were very nice.

Cons

Fired after two days for using my cellphone despite there being no written or verbal policy regarding cellphone usage. Other employees also used their cellphones during business hours, including one who used a company laptop to charge his iPhone. Scheduling was done on a day to day basis.

Communicate to workers if you have issues with them. Spell out cellphone usage policy in writing if there is an issue with it.

My way or the highway attitude.

Former Employee - Educational Outreach in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Educational Outreach in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Grantham University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed the opportunity to promote education, work with students, explain educational benefits to military students, and help them overcome obstacles.

Cons

The university had 4 presidents in the 3 years that I worked there. At the vice-president and student adviser levels, it was a constant revolving door. The endless rotation of student advisers meant that students were not receiving support, having to explain situations over and over to new people, and often times their educational progress was halted because something fell through the cracks between old and new advisers.

People don't quit the company, they quit their boss. Next time, don't tell an entire team of people that "you can all be replaced in two weeks." It's demotivating and does not instill trust in your leadership or lack thereof. Its even worse when HR and the president of the university back up such a sorry example of a supervisor. It shows that the organization is unprofessional at the highest levels.

Very "fair weather" treatment of employees

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Grantham University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great people working here who love what they do and love working for our many military and Veteran students. You will find a lot of passion with the people who have bought in. It can be a good place to work as long as you are doing well and keep out of the limelight.

Cons

The product is better than in the past 10 years but the company continues to restrict investing in processes for education and students but pours it into admission. As an employee there is little to no advancement. There are 70+ people and only 7 managers and 7 leads. The leads are kind of like managers but also have a full rep goal so the department won't lose their revenue. Staying an AR is best because the benefits do not out weight the stress of a little promotion to lead which is like hitting the glass ceiling of entry level-dom. As in most sales places the memory is very short. If you were great one month you need to be better the next. If you have a bad month your name is mud and they become strict like you are a child. They have no pay incentives because the education industry is changing, at least this is the excuse. There are some dehumanizing things as well such as walking a long way(often away from a closer side door) to exit/enter a main door so you don't disturb people in the call center. Also, they will often walk investors down the call center which makes you feel like a head of cattle.

There are a lot of great people in management but the culture is very top-down style. Every few weeks a new theme is preached and you find it is all because their bosses said something and they preach it like gospel instead of doing their own analysis.

Grantham is a place that recognizes and rewards drive and dedication -- we want our students to graduate!

Current Employee - Marketing in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Grantham University

Pros

You get to support some of the best people on earth - adult students who thought college was not possible for them.

You get to work with lots of people who believe in what they do and like their jobs

You get paid well and the benefits are great -- including FREE tution for you and your family to go to college.

Cons

They are up North near the airport, so I do have to drive every day - at least there is no traffic.

Usually you work more than 40 hours, but you can work remote so that's a plus.

Try to focus on the things that really matter. Don't spread yourself too thin. Keep up the good work in keeping us motivated and feeling like our work changes lives for the better.