Graphic Packaging Holding

Graphic Packaging Holding President, CEO and Director David W. Scheible

David W. Scheible

I love my job.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat place to work, understand family time. Fair performance reviews

ConsI can't think of one

Advice to Senior Managementna

Best Job Ever. Paid well for doing nothing. I love my job

Department Manager (Current Employee) Perry, GA

ProsI sit on my computer and write this review while at work. Enough said, I love my job....I basically hold an office as a Dept Manager and besides going to a few meetings daily. I go over some odds and ends and that's about it. Occasionally I have to come out of the air conditioning, but very minimal. This company is very over managed and most don't know what your job is or whether your suppose to be doing something or not. Just saying like it is. I have been with the company for over 10 years now, current position for about 2 years and at the rate I'm going plan on retiring very soon. They pay well for basically doing a nothing job.

ConsOccasionally going to all these meetings that basically mean nothing. Its a great job if you don't mind being bored. I talk on the phone, play on the computer, and again, occasionally have to work. Best job ever....

Advice to Senior ManagementI know I am cutting my throat when I say this....but we are over managed. If I have time to do nothing, so do so many others. Half the time I don't even know who is who and what is what.

Management employees are disposable assets meant to be worked until they drop

ProsBeing unemployed used to seem like a worse option

ConsHaving worked at a few different companies in my 30 years I can say without hesitation that Graphic Packaging is uninterested in the employee's long term value to the company. They staff so thinly and tell you that your performance is lacking even when working 12-14 hour days. Pressure, pressure, pressure... get that last drop of blood from you. Then use your "lack of productivity" as an excuse to save your own pathetic hide with the upper management. Not that you aren't getting exactly the same treatment. What a ridiculous management team.

Advice to Senior ManagementLimit work days for your plant level supervisors and managers to 10 hours and then see how much more you need to invest into personnel to have a happy stable workforce.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

GPI is not a good employer.

ProsPeople who work in the plants making the product.

ConsHostile and aggressive leadership who target those they determine to not fit in, i.e. long term employees, Mexican-Americans, and women.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit the lip service toward improving the culture.

Fantastic place to work!

ProsStrategic leadership and many growth opportunities.

ConsFast paced environment however, everyone is given many opportunities.

Not worth wasting your time, ( Perry GA)

Operator (Current Employee) Perry, GA

ProsWorking only 3 days before having a day off, unless you are forced to fill in or cover someone's vacation. Then you may work 7 days straight before getting a day off ( 12 hr days remind you ) Its not fun.

ConsThe environment is horrible here, Hot, people hate their jobs, no communication from workers to management or vice versa. Long hours...often forced over time. Unappreciated , lots of promises never made or kept. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians....Micro Managed over kill. You are video taped throughout your job. Little pay for what you do, and this is a non-union plant. You rotate shifts so your sleep is always off. Again, Horrible place to work unless you are in management and then you have it made, sit around in your air conditioned office and do nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your butts and help or make a difference. Even upper management treats you poorly and basically tells you if you don't like it here, McDonalds might be hiring. What a joke....I would never advise anyone to work for these clowns.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good

ProsExcellent salary and benefits. Can trade out hours or workdays with fellow employees

ConsRotating swing shift work. Vacations based on seniority. No flexible days. Have to take vacation by the week.

Graphic Packaging - as I look back

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Stone Mountain, GA

ProsI had a varied day every day. I'm still talking so some of my customers after being gone for 5 plus years I worked in the plant in Stone Mountain, GA

ConsI was given many jobs, I learned a lot at each position. Once I got into Customer Service there was no more advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess cameras and less long meetings.

It's a great place to work, if you like more work for less money and less than 40 hours sometimes.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood insurance package. Good coworkers, most are very kind and helpful.

ConsExtremely understaffed, no training program. Extremely weak union, they're better off without it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees the way you want to be treated, they have to earn a living too.

Almost Dream Job

ProsCompany cares about employees, the office is the perfect balance of laid back and professional.

ConsThe only downside, as with many great jobs, is that the job doesn't pay enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecisions take months when they should take weeks. The gears may be turning in the background but communicating the process to the people who will be affected by it would help keep motivation up.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Graphic Packaging Holding? Contribute to the Community!