Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com
www.pictureframes.com Archdale, NC 150 to 499 Employees

Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com Reviews

Updated Feb 23, 2014

Lauri Feinsod

Pictureframes.com is a place where a person can happily grow professionally and feel like they're part of a family.

I have been working at Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com full-time for more than 8 years

ProsInternal promotions & hiring, chocolate fountain days, health fairs, 'free-cycling' center,
parties throughout the year to celebrate our successes, family atmosphere, genuine caring from leadership, continuing education & training programs.

This is a place where we are invited to be the best version of ourselves. Everyone is encouraged to think creatively to solve problems. Brilliant ideas have come from all departments at all levels that have been implemented to great success.

Consthe building is old, so there are occasionally plumbing problems. Limited office space.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your people and improving over time like you have been doing.

Rapid growth and expansion provides a great atmosphere to be successful, if you are willing to work hard for it.

I have been working at Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company is staffed by some of the most wonderful and creative people around! Working on inter-departmental projects is a joy!

ConsThe hierarchy of upper management's politics results in hurdles and hoops that will need to be jumped over and through when it comes to getting new ideas approved and put into action.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are your greatest asset. The best way to make them feel like that is a true statement and to feel appreciated is through wages. Catch more flies with honey.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

There are SO many better places to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent benefits for a small company.

ConsThese are not business people. There are no real long or short term goals and no strategic direction, which is evident in everything from the poor inventory control and haphazard product planning to the inability to articulate any real brand value to the failure to launch a new website for literally YEARS. Everything is managed according to the idea of the week.

There’s more drama than on TV during sweeps week, and they thrive on chaos – which is why nothing ever gets accomplished. Any good comments here about the company culture are the result of an email going to the entire company “encouraging” positive reviews every time something negative is posted.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company before you run it into the ground.

Not what its cracked up to be.

Slave (Current Employee)
High Point, NC

ProsMy fellow employees are the only thing that make this job worth going in for.

ConsGraphik Dimensions underpays their employees to the point of greed. I have never worked for a place before that expected so much yet gave so little in return. Their idea of a reward is a water fight in the summer, complete with inflatable water slide and kitty pool. Treating their employees fairly is laughable....Do they encourage you to be open? Sure, but they are also quick to punish the whole department with the implementation of new rules that make it impossible to be happy there. We employees feel like prisoners/zombies and thats the way this employers like it. Family? Absolutely! The office personnel love each other very much....the employees that actually earn them this 5-10 million dollars yearly are not treated much better than scum.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want reward your employees how about a raise instead of a cupcake and waterfight?!

A great place to learn & grow

ProsWhen I entered Graphik Dimensions I was received with open arms, all the way up to senior management. They are an incredible warm group of people - supporting individual talents, teaching new skills, and encouraging questoin-asking. My experience has been phenomenal. I've worked in both Marketing and IT departments where Ive learned skills well beyond what my education gave me. The atmosphere is inviting and everyone has an open door policy, even the CEO and President. Not only is GD family run and family owned, I feel like all my coworkers have become family. Comminucation is clear and transparency is encouraged. At GD, we are truly run by our "C4" values: Consciousness (we work hard towards sustainability); Community (Twice a year we have celebrations that involve all 200+ employees and we also get involved in the outsite community); Collaboration (everyone, no matter their position, can share their opinion); and Creativity (a HIGHLY encouraged practice!) LOVE IT HERE!

ConsLike the other reviews have stated, change is present and rapid. Don't be alarmed, though - everyone is aware of the changes and they're very patient with the transition.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep smiling, we love it!

50 yr old company w/start-up energy

ProsAlmost 50 yr old family-run business has passed the reins to the next generation and has the engergy of a start-up. Tremendous amount of opportunity with new product launches, partnerships, processes & technologies without the corporate "red-tape". If change transformation is an exicting challenge for you, collaborative solution providers will thrive in this environment. Definitely more than just a "job" - a true community in every sense of the word.

ConsPrioritization of all the opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign on prioritization of growth opportunities

No place to hide, great chance to bloom.

I have been working at Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com full-time

ProsGraphik Dimensions Ltd is a wonderful company. It is not managed in in a prototypical manner, and that might have some people scratching their head. Authoritative, self-centered, power-seeking need not apply.

GD ownership has built a cultural foundation based on collaboration, self-awareness and caring. This fosters creativity and work effort on a broad, team-oriented basis while concurrently taking personal development of staff very seriously.

Along with authority and personal development come accountability and honest, open communication. No place to hide, great chance to bloom.

ConsThe company is evolving at a very rapid pace at cultural, strategic and tactical levels. By definition this means change; and change, for many, is not preferable. But for those willing to invest energy and who are interested in personal evolution it provides a fertile environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course.

Phenomenally supportive of employee development; amazingly creative place with GREAT people; feels like a family.

High Point, NC

I have been working at Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe products & services are something you can feel proud of & the company has been in high growth for many years, so there's lots of opportunity & no fear of job loss (beyond personal performance, of course); company culture (C4: consciousness, creativity, collaboration, community) is alive and not just lip service -- this IS an incredibly creative & collaborative environment & leadership is committed to being a force for good in the world; lots of teaching/learning, growth & development support; great benefits (including 401K match & generous PTO); smart/fun/interesting employees who become real friends; lots of support for continuous improvement in people, processes, etc.; you get honest feedback, in service to your growth -- never to diminish or make you feel small (if you can believe it, there's no politics here -- what you see is what you get). Employee-led C4ums (on celebration, sustainability, community & wellness) give you an opportunity to directly impact the workplace & make personal improvements, as well as provide add'l leadership learning. CEO is a visionary leader -- brilliant & accessible (entire executive/leadership team is equally accessible, which is another bonus) -- from whom I've learned a tremendous amount.

ConsNearly 50 year old company has true "start-up" energy, which means there's lots of change & lots of new things unfolding, so if you're uncomfortable with change and/or often learning new things, you might not be happy. Company might not be the highest paying in the area (IMHO, job/co-worker satisfaction make it worthwhile).

Creative, enjoyable atmosphere

Information Technology (Current Employee)
High Point, NC

ProsIt's a small company so the ability to implement new ideas and take the lead in projects is easy to do

ConsSometimes those new projects cannot get immediate funding if so required. So delays are possible.

Amazing Company

Senior Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee)
High Point, NC

I have been working at Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWe live by our 4C's - Community, Collaboration, Consciousness and Creativity. I feel our company is amazing! I work with a great group of people. I feel we are family helping eachother grow daily. The opportuntity for growth is amazing! We are casual and also very business to me this blance allows us to be very productive. Our management team have an open door policy, all the way up to the CEO. I look forward to all the possibilties available with Graphik!

ConsI actually do not have any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to have the opportuntiy to continue my growth in our company. I would like to see us promote within more rather than hire management from the outside (sometimes this is needed). I feel we have many people in house that could do any amazing job with the proper training. I am very thankful for my opportunity here at Graphik. I look forward to my growth in our company.

Worked for Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com CEO Lauri Feinsod. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Graphik Dimensions - PictureFrames.com employees.