Graphnet
www.graphnet.com New York, NY 50 to 149 Employees

Graphnet Reviews

Updated Dec 5, 2013

Yaakov Elkon

Bad shift but Interesting and relaxing environment

NOC Engineer (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Graphnet full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat coworkers and interesting equipment that ranges from the oldest machines you can find to the newest servers on the market. You will get a wide range of experience giving you the choice to enter many different area in this field including Telecom, System Administration, Help Desk or Networking. My Boss and coworkers were some of the best I have ever worked with and the low stress environment is very cool especially if you are going to school. This isn't one of those places where you walk in the door and you have to jump into the work (unless something is going on). Getting settled in and having your coffee and breakfast in the morning is no problem here.

ConsThe hours are not on a set schedule. You will work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift (one weekend) most likely. When someone takes a vacation or takes off everyone's shift changes because they have just enough staff to cover the shift. I hear that the CEO brought back an old employee that is making peoples jobs uncomfortable and everyone is unhappy about this change.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to over staff so people can be on set schedules.

Would not recommend this place to anyone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Graphnet full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood co-workers, cannot say anything else positive

ConsEverything, the CEO is driving the company into the ground

Excellent learning place, no support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Graphnet full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat employees, loyal employees, ability to learn, was relexed athomosphere no more, was great place years ago, learned alot. Good first job, but do not recommend job as career.

ConsUnder staffed, personel doing 3 jobs, low pay, no retirement, no training, management antagonistic, CTO does not speak to anyone, Owner cheap, employees fired without reason, to cut payroll, staff short and over worked. No management, Controller control freak, loves to intimadate staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice being given is all about themselves not company, everyone one for themselves attitude, jealousy rampent.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Graphnet Employment

New York, NY

I have been working at Graphnet full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat fellow workers and I am not a disgruntled ex-employee. By Graphnet letting me go, they have improved my life

ConsManagement is very insecure. Salaries paid late, at times 3-4 days, cash flow very tight due poor management & utilizing it as piggybank. Employees not treated very well, no benefits at all. Medical coverage is just okay. Employees do not feel very secure. Working environment not very good. No investment back into firm. CTO extremely crude and antagonistic. No future for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your Employees with dignity and not as paid peons, arrogance of Management shows daily in environment.

Worst working experiences in my career !!

Oracle Database Developer (Former Employee)

ProsNice location in downtown, New York, convinient to commute

ConsPoor benefits, rough management, cheap owner, less respect to employees, no space to growth unless you are Jew and Russian.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is hopeless to keep the business growth in current way unless you change the management methods.

not recommended place to work, questionable ethics

NOC (Former Employee)

I worked at Graphnet

Proslocation, lot of time for yourself

Constechnically the company is in mid 90-th. everything is from that century. No motivation, no growth

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in technology and inspire people to work

I've gone to greener pastures

Software Inr (Former Employee)

I worked at Graphnet

ProsLocation is in Manhattan. Technologically behind the times.

ConsQuestionable ethics and little respect for individuals. Benefits are poor tho. The funy thing is that guests are treated really nicely but employees are not treated with the same respect... there is definitely room for improvement everywhere and they seem very financially motivated and motivated to not reward or give you more

Advice to Senior Managementmore incentives for staying with the company should be given and treating employees without yelling at them.

Be aware of their accounting practices. Their benefits are terrible

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Graphnet

ProsGreat office location, but behind the times with technology. The it staff is very talented and dedicated.

ConsFamily run business , owner is cheep. Accounting practices are very questionable. The owner should sell the company and with the right person at senior level they have a chance to compete in this space. Still doing junk fax oversees which makes them over fifty percent of their sales. The owner comes in late and expects everyone to be there until he leave. There is no respect between the senior managment team. If hired make sure you get everything in writting and watch your back at all times

Advice to Senior ManagementCome cleen with your books and treat your employees better. There is no need to yell at your employees on a daily bases.

OK if you're in college, otherwise, seek elsewhere.

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Graphnet

ProsLaid back environment at times, yet hectic at other times, however, a lot of this is made tolerable due to great colleagues.

ConsDepressing at times. Methods are behind the times as if it still were the '90s, low morale and high turnover. Example: There is no direct deposit so management has control of the finances... which is odd.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove professional development for all colleagues regardless of level. It is virtually nonexistent at this organization. For instance, in sales, there is no real road-path to success as management is always closely physically monitoring where items may be autonomous.

Worked for Graphnet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Graphnet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Graphnet CEO Yaakov Elkon. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Graphnet employees.