Great American Opportunities

Add Photos

Jeff Blatt

The way we were....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsAlways a new challenge, good talent and solid knowledge of the business amongst mid-level managers, team environment, desire to suceed.

ConsMost of senior management lacked what it took to make the company thrive while alive, and ultimately survive. This was a huge demoralizing factor for the workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late now, but most of it should have been replaced years ago.

QSP is a company in decline - not a positive atmosphere for growth

Field Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood Time, Inc. benefits, good compensation. Love working with school decision makers and feeling like I am part of their school. Flexible hours based on school schedules. Great camaraderie amongst other sales reps.

ConsCompletely incompetent management from president down to Regional Sales Managers completely tone deaf to the needs of customers and Field Sales personnel. Disastrous company policies implemented that infuriate customers. Little to no feedback is sought from Field. Major Blue Chip player (Time, Inc) out of touch with needs of Field sales people trying to make uniform robots out of us despite our unique contributions to our unique territories.

Morale at all time low two years after Jeff Blatt becomes president of QSP.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo much damage has been done by the current regime towards customers it's irreparable. Customers have been barraged with additional order fees, sales tax inconsistencies, order processing delays, profit check delays, reporting meltdowns (no vital reports for field). QSP screw ups are now so commonplace that it is difficult to remain credible in representing them.

Oppressive management towards field personnel has become intolerable. Numerous new recruits (rookie sales people) have quit within months after taking sales territories due to low salaries and burdensome school promotion costs that have not been explained to them sufficiently before taking the job.

The only hope for QSP now is that Time, Inc brass look at the money being lost at QSP from poor decisions and either completely replace management (including the president) or have a fire sale.

Middle of the road

Field Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility. QSP is well respected among schools.

ConsThe school fundraising industry is a mess. The salary for new hires is pathetic

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication with your employees would be nice.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Field Sales Manager (Current Employee)

Prosa great way to help local schools earn money

Consconfusing Business Set up to learn

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Not worth it

Assistant Fundraiser (Current Employee)

Prosflexible hours make it a good job

Consboring job and poor communication from supervisor

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate!

Worked for Great American Opportunities? Contribute to the Community!