Great Clips

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Clips CEO Rhoda Olsen

Rhoda Olsen

Pros
  • Flexible schedules make it easy to balance other responsibilities(in 7 reviews)

• Flexible hours, always busy, steady income(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The stylists there can hardly cut hair to save their life(in 12 reviews)

• You get paid a little above minimum wage, and only earn a (very small) commission(in 8 reviews)

This Is A Fun Place To Work And A Great Place To Perfect Your Skills.

Salon Manager (Current Employee) Massillon, OH

ProsShort Weekend Hours, Walkin Clientele, Busy Location, Nice coworkers

ConsOccasional Haircut Sales Are Grueling, Shortstaffed AtTimes, l

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher Pay , Shorter SaLes, Better Incentives

they want perfection but keep it out of your reach

Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsMet nice people in 4 years learned lots.

ConsThey make you feel discriminated against but cover themselves well .

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people as you would want to have them treat one of your family members .

Stylist

Stylist (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsThe only good thing about this company is that they worked with my schedule while I attended school. If you're a mom or a student looking for just a lil extra money, I'd say do it. But this job will kill you slowly if you pursue it full time.

ConsThey do not care about their customers. The stylists there can hardly cut hair to save their life. And the money you get an hour, is not worth your time, money, or effort that you wasted putting yourself through hair/cosmetology school!

Advice to Senior ManagementSend the stylists to a hair cutting class, increase the stylists' pay, if you're going to work them like a dog. IF a stylist is running around like a chicken with its head cut off cleaning, answering phones, checking in customers, giving services, and attending to any other customers needs....then you either need to hire a full time receptionist OR increase their pay. 8$ an hour is not worth the headache. That is why you guys keep losing stylists!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was told it was a privilege to work for them

Hair Stylist (Former Employee) Sparks, NV

ProsGood tips, guaranteed clientele, busy salon

ConsWorking weekends, was asked to work on my vacation that was approved for months. All are paid the same even if they are experienced or fresh out of school. High turnover of hairdressers leaving you short handed. The clip notes sometimes don't benefit you if they aren't updated.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrug test all employees, new and old and continue to random drug test. 13-15 mins per haircut is not realistic for all cuts. Treat your employees with respect, after all they are making you money. Get to know your employees and what the manager hired them to work, days off, hours?

Don't do it !!!!

ProsCo workers were awesome. Paid vacation was nice also having short shifts to work was an nice option to have .

ConsCrap pay ! Treated like a dog wanted you to perform miracles in 12 mins not realistic at all a very unprofessional place to work terrible management the worst

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training on your end stylist do their job better then management

Love my job

Hair Stylist (Current Employee) Lancaster, OH

ProsChances for advancement if your willing to work hard and have a positive attitude

ConsYou sometimes work a great deal of hrs but if you like money your golden

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees. ..they ARE alot of the reason customers come back

OK - Franchisees can be demanding

Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAutonomous - Good growth opps

ConsFranchisees can be rather overbearing

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the micro management of the employees

I love my job.

ProsTips, hours, always busy, easy

Conslow pay, low retail commission, all depends on what franchisee you have.

As a new stylist, this company is the first I've worked with.

Hair Stylist (Current Employee)

ProsI feel that the focus of basic services really benefits the clients & makes a stylists life easier

ConsThe time parameters are unrealistic

Advice to Senior ManagementTime parameters are unrealistic, especially for newer stylists & should be adjusted according to haircut types

I didn`t like it(((

Hair Stylist (Former Employee) Fayetteville, AR

ProsEasy to get started, they take right away.

ConsRacist GM, one of your duties is -you have to clean the rest room. They say that you will get your 9 per hour even if there are no clients, but they want you to clock out of computer then there are no clients, so you are there for free. Whenever the door opens each stylist has to say -Hi welcome to Great Clips, hundreds times per day((( They don`t let you eat your lunch normally, everything in hurry, they even count time for going into the rest room (they said I went too often))))))The worst is that you`ll loose your skills after some time because they do basic hair cuts, they don`t do texture, they do not blow dry and style, they don`t do color. They want you to cut a lot of clients at short times and they don`t care about creativity, style, texture as they need that hair cut fast and this is the only thing they care -high turn over of clients. You can`t spend more time on you client if you want to improve their look or do a better job as you spend to much time and they want you to cut in 13-16 min. There is no freedom, creativity, growth in this type of salons. If you want to grow as a hair stylist, if you want to express yourself and attend modern classes and hair shows don`t step in this type of salons, they`ll kill your passion there. I even do not want to do hair anymore((( i do not recommend to work in Grey Clips to anybody.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat each employee with respect and evenly.

Worked for Great Clips? Contribute to the Community!