Great Expressions Dental Centers

Great Expressions Dental Centers Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Richard E. Beckman

Great!

Human Resource (Former Employee)
Bloomfield Township, MI

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat company to work for and learn from. Room for advancement, good employee benefits, growing company.

ConsCommunication difficulty with a few members of management but still a good place to work. Communication breakdown from upper executives to mid management then onto regular staff.

Great Place but questionable ethics

Intern (Former Employee)
Bloomfield Hills, MI

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers as an intern for more than a year

ProsVery fun place to work

ConsQuestionable ethics always cutting corners

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove customer satisfaction and work on not just getting by but strive to become a better company from top to bottom

RUN FAR, FAR AWAY From This Company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking with patients. Good Benefits, Flexible Hours.

ConsPoor Work Ethics, Hygenists and Assistants are work horses and NEVER shown any appreciation, no Communication, no team building, no training,packed worked schedules with patients and forced to work through lunch hour, no organization, front office staff is never trained properly and yelled at if asking too many questions, selling unwanted treatment plans to patients, absolutely NO direction whatsoever!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Patient factory. Company only cares about how you are pushing services onto others.

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking with patients, No weekends, Good benefits

ConsNo organization. If you're not selling services you are a failure. Front Office staff and clinical staff are just thrown into their positions without adequate training. No one takes responsibility over job duties. Certain doctors talk to you in a very condescending way. The front office staff is forced to answer the phones on their lunch break.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer proper training centers for your staff. Someone needs to manage the clinical team and have someone manage the office staff.

Too focused on making money, and not on patient care

ProsGreat opportunity to earn based on production. No need to worry about patient scheduling, etc. Paid CE courses.

ConsPressure to produce. Not totally autonomous in treatment planning. Office managers push you to do more expensive treatments. Front desk and providers have poor communication. Poor patient retention.
Very different experiences, office to office.
Very strict about taking vacation/holiday time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so transparent about trying to make money. Treat the patients better, and maybe the patient retention rate will rise.

Employee development is essential.

Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than a year

ProsOne of the best reasons to work at Great Expressions Dental Centers is the dental benefits.

ConsOne of the downsides of working at Great Expressions is the poor communications throughout the company.

It was the worst company I have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI can't think of one single pro!

ConsThe employees are treated very poorly and it is all about production at the expense of the customers and employees. The doctor at my specific loacation was exceptionaly rude and treated people poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeal with the real problem when you have good people quitting your company. It isn't justified to keep your doctor simply because of production at the expense of the good people you have working for you. It doesn't do your customers justice either.

Horrible

Patient Coordinator (Former Employee)
Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than a year

Prosthere were no pros working for this company

Consmy manager was horrible! all she did was go through personal emails and take personal phone calls all day, and all the other employees just gossiped about people.

Advice to Senior Managementget your stuff together

Found my "home" in a workpalce

Facilities Administrator (Current Employee)
Bloomfield Hills, MI

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGEDC is place where you walk in and feel that everyone is proud of where they work. The people and management are awesome. I've been through a lot of personal things this past year and I couldn't ask for a more supportive workplace, I truly feel my coworkers are my second family. I'm motivated by my fellow co workers especially seeing the ones that have moved up in this company and you can see that when you work hard and are dedicated it is noticed and you are rewarded for it. You know you work for a great company when you actually go into a GEDC dental office as a patient and truly get the best experience you've ever had at a dentist. Then I sit back and say to myelf "Wow I'm apart of this great team".

ConsDon't have anything bad to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work :)

Staff Office Manager

Office Manager (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

ProsNice people at my office, patients are nice too. I am treated with respect & dignity. Everyone is accepted as they are. Enjoy afterwork get togethers with employees. We get a lot of support in the office like access to order doctor forms, supplies, maintenance, etc

ConsSome offices have a pervasive negative attitude ,and nonexistant teamwork, if you are observant you will be able to see it when you interview. Would like to meet with other offices in my region more often to build teamwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake action to help negative employees learn to enforce company policies and values.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Great Expressions Dental Centers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Great Expressions Dental Centers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Great Expressions Dental Centers CEO Richard E. Beckman. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Great Expressions Dental Centers employees.