Great Expressions Dental Centers

www.greatexpressions.com

Great Expressions Dental Centers Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014

Richard E. Beckman

I worked here back when it was Nanston. Good people, good times.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsVery nice people to work with, fun but professional. Nice pay structure with regular raises. And of course the great dental benefits.

ConsThere weren't really any cons. I guess i did get laid off shortly after our companies merged however, Overall I appreciated the opportunity I got to work there.

Great!

Human Resource (Former Employee) Bloomfield Township, MI

ProsGreat company to work for and learn from. Room for advancement, good employee benefits, growing company.

ConsCommunication difficulty with a few members of management but still a good place to work. Communication breakdown from upper executives to mid management then onto regular staff.

horrible

Dental Assistant (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

Prosthe coworkers are great cant complain!loved the job loved assistanting the docter and hygienst and wven learning a few things up in the front!

Conscompany doesnt want to pay over time but yet wants production. will let you go without notice!for two weeks i kept being told no hours and turned out they had let me go!management horrible!they only care about themselves not anyone in the actual offices doing the work!

Advice to Senior Managementstay away!they dont care about the patients or their workers!management only cares about them about how they will get more money and bonuses for themselves!to them we are just little ants that can step on us whenever they want please stay away dont waste your time with tis company!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place but questionable ethics

Intern (Former Employee) Bloomfield Hills, MI

ProsVery fun place to work

ConsQuestionable ethics always cutting corners

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove customer satisfaction and work on not just getting by but strive to become a better company from top to bottom

RUN FAR, FAR AWAY From This Company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsWorking with patients. Good Benefits, Flexible Hours.

ConsPoor Work Ethics, Hygenists and Assistants are work horses and NEVER shown any appreciation, no Communication, no team building, no training,packed worked schedules with patients and forced to work through lunch hour, no organization, front office staff is never trained properly and yelled at if asking too many questions, selling unwanted treatment plans to patients, absolutely NO direction whatsoever!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together!

The Patient factory. Company only cares about how you are pushing services onto others.

ProsWorking with patients, No weekends, Good benefits

ConsNo organization. If you're not selling services you are a failure. Front Office staff and clinical staff are just thrown into their positions without adequate training. No one takes responsibility over job duties. Certain doctors talk to you in a very condescending way. The front office staff is forced to answer the phones on their lunch break.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer proper training centers for your staff. Someone needs to manage the clinical team and have someone manage the office staff.

Too focused on making money, and not on patient care

ProsGreat opportunity to earn based on production. No need to worry about patient scheduling, etc. Paid CE courses.

ConsPressure to produce. Not totally autonomous in treatment planning. Office managers push you to do more expensive treatments. Front desk and providers have poor communication. Poor patient retention.
    Very different experiences, office to office.
    Very strict about taking vacation/holiday time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so transparent about trying to make money. Treat the patients better, and maybe the patient retention rate will rise.

Employee development is essential.

Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOne of the best reasons to work at Great Expressions Dental Centers is the dental benefits.

ConsOne of the downsides of working at Great Expressions is the poor communications throughout the company.

It was the worst company I have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI can't think of one single pro!

ConsThe employees are treated very poorly and it is all about production at the expense of the customers and employees. The doctor at my specific loacation was exceptionaly rude and treated people poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeal with the real problem when you have good people quitting your company. It isn't justified to keep your doctor simply because of production at the expense of the good people you have working for you. It doesn't do your customers justice either.

Horrible

Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) Sterling Heights, MI

Prosthere were no pros working for this company

Consmy manager was horrible! all she did was go through personal emails and take personal phone calls all day, and all the other employees just gossiped about people.

Advice to Senior Managementget your stuff together

Worked for Great Expressions Dental Centers? Contribute to the Community!