Great Lakes Cheese

2.8

Gary Vanic

Great Pay. Strict Company

I worked at Great Lakes Cheese full-time

Pros

Great pay, some volunteer overtime, friendships develop among coworkers and supervisors tell you what you're doing good at and what needs improvement.

Cons

Horrible management, seniority rules, and GLC is not a flexible place to work. No exceptions whether you are going to school or have another job, GLC will not change your work hours and you are constantly reminded that you are REPLACEABLE. Also the more seniority you have, the more respected you'll be by supervisors. If you are a new employee or have lower seniority don't expect to be treated fairly no matter how hard you work.

Be considerate of your employees feelings and try to understand where they are coming from and their reasons. There is a difference between a dictator and a leader. GLC's mission statement means nothing if it isn't being properly acted out. GLC has such a strong face to the outside world but the truth is that the hardworking employees are the ones who suffer because management fails to give recognition to those that don't have a say in anything.

production Supervisor

Former Employee - Production Supervisor
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor

I worked at Great Lakes Cheese full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My employees were very hard working, and amazing people

Cons

Management is blind, or doesn't care; not sure which. Sexual harassment is swept under the rug, and employees are afraid of retaliation by their supervisors if they report any wrong doing. HR is very corrupt, and inexperienced.

Your employees are a valuable resource, treat them that way. Stop protecting the few that are the root cause of the problems, and keep the ones that want to do the right thing.

SR.Line ATTENDANCE

I have been working at Great Lakes Cheese part-time

Pros

Developed friendship and sometimes it can be challenging but keep on fighting.

Cons

The hardest things ever is to make the product as good as possible, especially the qualities.

line attendant

Former Employee - Line Attendant in Plymouth, WI
    Former Employee - Line Attendant in Plymouth, WI

I worked at Great Lakes Cheese full-time (less than a year)

Pros

pay is good for the easy work.

Cons

cold. supervision is not nice. they don't care if you have a doctors excuse you still gets points for missing work. at times it is very stressful. I felt as if I was treated like a 5 year old or like I could not understand English.

I think you should have a survey on how people feel about there job and what they can do to improve. there is a lot of unhappy people.