Great Plains Coca-Cola

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Browne

A real career opportunity for even those without formal education.

Red Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPlenty of opportunities for advancement. Solid feedback on your job performance. Challenging pace. Great and helpful management team. Excellent supervisors.

ConsLackluster retirement program. Poor benefits. Very little paid time off available. Very high turnover. Some very tedious / repetitive work staying compliant with DOT regulations and the company. In the time that I have been there I have been asked to fill out various "new employee" forms about 6 times. They continuously lose paperwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more competitively to retain hourly employees and empower management to let the "slackers" go.

The Pay is not Great

Driver/Merchandiser (Former Employee)

ProsThey train you to get your Class A CDL

ConsThey pay way below everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is not bad, they work with what they have.

Good Company

Sales (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsGreat Plains Customer Service is outstanding

ConsVacation and Holiday time is limited versus similar organizations

Advice to Senior Managementnone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is Shocking how poorly GPCC treats its drivers

Red Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsOvertime available, mainly because they cannot keep drivers

ConsPoor pay (12.00 per hour). Poor fleet of trucks. 90% of the trucks do not even have cup holders. Most do not have working AC and when it is 105 degrees, you feel like you are going to pass out from heat exhaustion. Most trucks have 3-450,000 miles with broken down seats. 12.00 per hour ends up being about .08 per mile with 9000-13000 lbs of freight per day, not to mention dealing with 7/11's and Dollar General. Virtually no chance of advancement. Benefits after 30 days and not 90. Drivers would not leave or even look elsewhere if they were being taken care of and paid a reasonable wage. I know I am looking and will be gone soon....oh yeah, $1000 for your CDL training, and you have to pay for your uniform rental.....worst company that I have ever worked for...

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace all of the seats and add Cup holders to every truck. Immediate raise to $15.00 min, 18.00 would be better. Add GPS to every truck that will keep track of an electronic log. Improve the routing system. I passed one of my stops 4 times once before finally stopping. 95% of of the drivers that I have talked with are looking for another job....only 1 person out of 11-12 has told me that he likes working at coke....

Fun, wild and Wonder Ride!!

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGreat atmosphere to work in. Good advancement for most of the company. Stable company, no layoffs fo hourly associates. Company is a innovator within the beverage industry and is on the leading edge.

ConsNot many advancement opportunities in some areas.
    Pay is not competitive for current position.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better salary increases for salaried associates.

decent place to work

Trainer (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

Prosnever have to worry about being laid off, overtime during the summer, decent hourly wage nd you get paid weekly

Consduring the summer time when case loads are up, that is when the most people quit which makes it where you don't get help much

Advice to Senior Managementhopefully the buy out to coca cola refreshment company will be a plus for us but wish there was more communication about it

A relatively secure job in a unpredictable job market

Pros12.00 an hour as a coke delivery driver with a couple hours of overtime starting out

Will provide in-house schooling to obtain a CDL if required for job

Paid time off after one year of service

If you get injured on the job they have a network of resources to get you healthy at their expense

Paid time off for major holidays

ConsWhile Coke will put you through in-house schooling to obtain a CDL... they will charge you $1000.00 for the school and take it out of your check over a 12 month period.

Working as a coke delivery driver will take a toll on your body.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think significant talent with fresh ideas could be recruited if a management trainee position was made available that offered school tuition reimbursement and exposure to Great Plains executive level decision making process.

Worked for Great Plains Coca-Cola? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Great Plains Coca-Cola reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Great Plains Coca-Cola CEO Bob Browne. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Great Plains Coca-Cola employees.