Great River Medical Center (West Burlington)
www.greatrivermedical.org West Burlington , IA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great River Medical Center (West Burlington) Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

GRMC -a great place to heal.

Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee)
West Burlington, IA

I have been working at Great River Medical Center (West Burlington)

ProsGRMC is a state of the art facility. We have excellant physicians. The building is only 8 years old. We have been showcased for our stroke and heart attack programs. We have a new Heart and Vascular unit. Our in-patient and out patient rehab units are top notch.

ConsThe Matrix for staffing the units is all wrong. Long term CNA's need to be advanced in pay like everyone else instead of capped out because of their senority. 2-3 % raise a year is not much when there are new RN's that make 30 plus dollars an hour. The corporation needs to stand behind there employee when they need financial help.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the office and work on the floor to remember what it's like

Good company if not in IT

IT Department (Current Employee)
West Burlington, IA

I have been working at Great River Medical Center (West Burlington)

ProsStable company. Great, compassionate and caring Senior Management team. Company overall is great. IT department is where the issues are.

ConsNowhere to go in IT. No growth or advancement opportunities. Pay is inferior. IT not well respected in the organization. IT leadership very stifling and does not show appreciation. Do not feel valued. Continued education is virtually nonexistent. No standards or policies, every request is handled on a case by case basis. IT has good old boys club mentality. Much favoritism even with filling open positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruly evaluate IT leadership, hold accountable. Expect same level of professionalism, care, compassion, EXCEL values and team work out of IT leader the same as other department leaders.

Worked for Great River Medical Center (West Burlington)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Great River Medical Center (West Burlington) reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Great River Medical Center (West Burlington) employees.