Great Wolf Resorts

93 reviews filtered by

1. MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Gift Shop Attendant in Fitchburg, MA
    Current Employee - Gift Shop Attendant in Fitchburg, MA

I have been working at Great Wolf Resorts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The first 3 months is great...after that not so much

Cons

Your availability doesn't matter. You work the hours that are convenient for them. Rarely do you get a day off, you're often scheduled 13-15 days in a row and if you get shifts covered they get angry with you. The company as a whole treats the guests like they are gods and the employees are scum on the bottom of their shoes. They don't care about if you have disabilities that make it hard for you to handle stress, they stick you in a outlet by yourself and say figure it out. Favoritism is bad but the guilt they make you feel on your day off is even worse. They take advantage of you and the points system is a joke that doesn't apply to supervisors or managers. You are CONSTANTLY sick from all the disgusting people who stay there. All in all its a soul sucking environment that isn't worth your time.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter, they don't care about us anyway.

2. Worst place to work at!!!

Former Employee - Server in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Server in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Great Wolf Resorts

Pros

free water park passes and discounts

Cons

This was one of the worst jobs i have ever had! management treats their employees like they're not worth anything. every day was a chaos. I was miserable until the day i quit!!! don't recommend it! especially the one in Kansas City!

Advice to Management

they won't listen anyways

3. In my experience, a terrible place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Great Wolf Resorts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Struggling to come up with anything positive to say about my time here. Without a doubt, this was the worst work experience I've ever had.

Cons

The main one, which inspired me to write a review, is that I wasn't told that I'd be the only English speaking employee in the department (aside from the manager who hired me) until my first day. When I brought up the issues this could create, I was first told that they'd bring in someone fluent in English to aid in communication (never happened), and then that I'd need to "just deal with it." They claim that teamwork is one of the most important aspects of the job, yet make no effort to ensure that all staff members feel like a part of that team.

Also, the recyclables only trash cans are just for show, at least at the Grapevine location. All of the bags are emptied into the same bin as the regular trash. Another example of a company that wants the positive PR of a "Go Green!" initiative, but doesn't want to foot the bill of actually following through with it (despite the fact that they could easily afford to).

Advice to Management

Be upfront about what potential employees are getting themselves into. In a more general sense, just be honest. Realize that most adults aren't thinking of free passes to a water park filled with small children when they hear the word "benefits."

5. Great Place to work.

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Great Wolf Resorts

Pros

Great training program. Felt very prepared for the position.

Cons

Tons of guest during the summer.

Great Employees, Questionable Management

I worked at Great Wolf Resorts

Pros

The people I worked with were amazing. Everyone seemed to truly enjoy their jobs and enjoyed giving families an experience. Employee benefits were decent, though they did take a while to "kick in". Had a 401k, the opportunity for health insurance, and lots of special events for employees and their family. The environment was really wonderful when you were dealing with customers. Some managers went out of their way to see that their employees (especially the "longer term" ones) were kept happy.

Cons

No work-life balance if you take a supervisory position (which is an hourly job, by the way). Expect them to call you outside of your availability. Waited for MONTHS to get the paid vacation days I was promised when I was promoted, but never received them. Too much turn-over, lots of passive-aggression. In my last year of working there, I saw somewhere between 10-15 people come and go--some within a matter of days/weeks. If upper management didn't like you, they would find a way to either fire you or get you to quit.

7. Terrible

Current Employee - Room Attendant
    Current Employee - Room Attendant

I have been working at Great Wolf Resorts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

free water park passes on off days

Cons

Pay is very low. Not allowed to take breaks at all. You don't get paid until the "start time" but have to have supplies ready before then. Management is always yelling but yet doesn't help. Not worth it.

Advice to Management

pay more and allow breaks.

8. It's ok.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent

I have been working at Great Wolf Resorts part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Love the people. Love the interaction. Love the friends I've made. There never is a dull moment when you work in the dells.

Cons

Management is a joke. You can't take anything to them. All you get is "we'll look into it" but never happens. Many problems being taken advantage of and none of them will back you up on anything.

Advice to Management

Listen to your pack members. They are who sell this place. If you continue to ignore them you yourself will be alone at the desk doing our jobs. We're done being walked upon.

9. No Family Feel for the company

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Centralia, WA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Centralia, WA

I have been working at Great Wolf Resorts part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The location is nice, and the working employees are easy to get to know

Cons

The company lacks warmth, and understanding. They expect you to learn all within weeks of starting.

Advice to Management

Show some Heart

A lot of promises of a fulfilling career, but the opportunities just aren't there.

I worked at Great Wolf Resorts

Pros

You get to have a feeling that you can positively affect a family vacation for the guests.
    Pay is comparable on each level.

Cons

Secrets. Too many secrets. If upper management sees you do something they don't like, they come down on your direct boss, who then comes down on you. Seems pointless.
    They look down on you if you make friends at work, and then use your friendships against you in their own passive aggressive ways.
    Lots of favoritism here. You never know if you're in or out.

Advice to Management

Why bother? They wouldn't listen anyway.

11. Great Wolfe

I have been working at Great Wolf Resorts

Pros

Great company with lots of benefits

Cons

Many benefits but you had to work for a while

Great Wolf Resorts Photos