GreatCall Reviews

David Inns

So far has been fun, still new so I have not experienced it 100%

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at GreatCall

Pros

My coworker make my days!

Cons

Not knowing just how much selling is required the catch 22

So far it's cool, just everyone teaches different and ask different ways for work to be done

Do not ignore the negative reviews. The worst Sales Leadership with cartel like tactics. A lawsuit ready to happen.

Current Employee - Direct Sales in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Direct Sales in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at GreatCall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is truth behind the negative reviews and very little behind the positives. The benefits are decent and a couple of supervisors are good people when they are not bullied by HR and management. That’s it for the positives. The HR Rep is easily manipulated by the senior manager because they both hold a close personal relationship and manage the sales team with aggressive approach which includes threats and intimidation.

Cons

This is an environment where people who are good at sales will fail. If you meet expectations you run the possibility of being put on a write-up due and not getting paid commission to nature of how agents are ranked. It's a high pressure environment where many employees are constantly taking LOA or FMLA because they are miserable. It's terrible place to share ideas. Forget about bringing your experience to the table because it will be worthless when working with the leadership team. The senior manager thinks and acts like a psychologist and tries to get under your skin and critique your personal life and will tell you things like “there a correlation with your work and the issues that you have with your significant other”. The senior manager will also try to cause drama between you and other employees and say lies like “Don't say anything but the other employees are saying bad things about you”. You will get a bad vibe once you meet these folks. Trust your gut instincts. Don’t waste your time and move on.

You seriously need to reevaluate your sales leadership team from the ground-up. The sales department has festered into an environment of low morale and reluctance to speak up at all levels. It is attributed to your senior management and above. The HR rep in your sales department is the complete opposite of what your company stands for and she plays the role but she fails follow HR professionalism and cant and is not trusted by the people on the bottom. The Sales Director is smart and strategic but his intuition gets compromised by his senior manager who shelters the sales director from what is really happening on the sales floor. The Sales leadership team is will never become innovative sales force due to the level complacency and environment that your management have created.

Taking this job was a GreatCall

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at GreatCall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast growth, so lots of opportunities. In a new position, which allows me to plot my own course while leading new initiatives. Culture is very collaborative, with many opportunities to work together with smart team members. Wellness is integrated into the company's platform - benefits include yoga on Fridays.

Cons

Open office equals many cubicles - sometimes noisy. Fast growth means a need for more meeting rooms. With few restaurants in walking distance, need food trucks!

Keep that feeling of teamwork and collaboration no matter how big we get.

It can pay your bills, but it is an unhealthy environment that will burn you out.

Current Employee - Direct Sales Agent in San Marcos, CA
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Agent in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at GreatCall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits and paid time off are OK. The sales training is great but enforced in a ridged, unrealistic manner.

Cons

In the direct sales, you can make $40-$60K per year, if you grind hard and can put up with the managerial intimidation and extreme micro-management.

Lighten up.

Great job that led nowhere

I worked at GreatCall full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great management, very open office, really awesome pay, good schedule.

Cons

"You can not hold this position if you've never held it before" was a company policy so there was no advancement, multiple sources giving different information, was threatened to be fired for submitting a complaint about an employee.

Don't let the company turn into other cell phone companies.

Senior friendly... my foot

Former Employee - Direct Sales in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Direct Sales in Reno, NV

I worked at GreatCall as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

None. there is nothing good that I can say about this company

Cons

worst bunch of Managers and Sups I have ever worked for. Only thing they are interested in is sales even if you have to be unethical in the way you do it. very disrespectful to seniors.

Learn what the term service means. Understand that honesty and integrity will get the company further than lies and disrespect

Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at GreatCall part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was a great work environment

Cons

The difficulties of work-life balance

Employees exemplify the value and vision of the company

I have been working at GreatCall full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people and the employees to really be behind the products the company is putting forward. The leadership is always visible and not out of reach. Standard amount of PTO, good benefits, there are lots of wellness initiatives which is great for people to really be in control of their own health

Cons

The benefit plans could be a bit more competitive.

Be more visible in the call centers

Can be Hazardous to your health!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at GreatCall full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free Coffee, Decent Training.Decent workspaces, Decent facilities.

Cons

Micromanagement, this place could do damage to your health. I won't go into detail but you have been warned! If you are in dire need for a job then go ahead. Whoever said this place was a "Dating Pool" (You were just joking right?)

Back off a bit! If someone is two minutes late, or not logged in yet just let it go!

A refreshing take on customer service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at GreatCall full-time

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, GREAT people. Communication between departments is also very good. The executives are very front-line people and will regularly stop in every month or so to visit. There is a lot of opportunity for career advancement, especially in Reno. If that isn't enough, the Reno site was nominated for an award as one of the best places to work in Reno.

Cons

Parking is atrocious. They are working on a solution as we speak, but in the interim we are forced to share a small lot with two other tenants. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Keep doing what you are doing. Bringing GreatCall to Reno was one of the smartest things the company has done from a business development perspective and I think I speak for just about everyone when I say we are very appreciative for what you do and the service you provide to your colleagues and customers.

GreatCall Photos